Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th June 2007, 08:36   #121
Senior - BHPian

205/50-15 fouls against the rear wheel wells of Palio 1.2.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 02:14   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
elk test ?
Thanks bottle thats the one I was searching for.

[SIZE=-1]The Elk Test was brought about to check a car's ability to swerve and avoid a collision with a Moose / Elk which would just stand on the road and freeze when it saw an oncoming car.

From some site > [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]"When the driver comes onto the track, he quickly swerves into the oncoming lane to avoid the object and then immediately swerves back to avoid oncoming traffic. The test is repeated with an increased speed until the car skids down the cones or spins around. This usually happens at speeds of about 70-80 km/h (45-50 mph) in the best cases."

I would not try it on my car to, however I am sure the Palio would handle this well. Tall boys /SUVs like the Wagon R and Scorpio would have huge body roll

[/SIZE]
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 18:28   #123

Hi Uttamc;
I am planning to buy new Palio 1.6 Sports this month. Pls post pics with your new leather steering & gear knob. Also, do you think Red colour also suits the car since it's supposed to be a Sports version ????
spycar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 21:45   #124
BHPian

Default were you in hyd around 15 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
205/50-15 fouls against the rear wheel wells of Palio 1.2.
I saw a Palio with KL registration at Anuroop while getting my car serviced. It had this 200+ cross section tires (can not recall 205 or 215).
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 22:34   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spycar84 View Post
Hi Uttamc;
I am planning to buy new Palio 1.6 Sports this month. Pls post pics with your new leather steering & gear knob. Also, do you think Red colour also suits the car since it's supposed to be a Sports version ????

Hey, you seem to be in luck cuz i took a few pictures of the red car stile sports when i was in pune (did this before i decided on the black). In a few pictures i've found on google images the red looks awesome, however i didn't think that was the case when i saw it for real... do check out the pics.

I will take pics of the new steering the gearknob / interiors tomorrow. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET THESE WITH YOUR CAR - i believe dealers are B.S'ing people about them. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN ENGINE IMMOBILISER INSTALLED. I've just found out that i do not have one installed when Fiat claims its part of standard equipment. As a result - i'm gonna kick their asses - and maybe even start a consumer court process if i have to (i just love taking panga)...

Anyway, here are the pics!

Enjoy.

uttamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 00:11   #126
BHPian

Palio Stile looks good in red...
totaloverdoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 16:22   #127

Cool Alloy Wheels

Hi Uttamc,

Thnx for posting the pics of Red Palio, but one more thing which I noticed is that does the care really has alloy wheels on it...i mean it looks as if wheels caps are installed on it and not alloys altogether...

Btw, drag them to the court man. Such kind of unresponsive behavior on a company's part make me think twice before actually purchasing one from them !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
Hey, you seem to be in luck cuz i took a few pictures of the red car stile sports when i was in pune (did this before i decided on the black). In a few pictures i've found on google images the red looks awesome, however i didn't think that was the case when i saw it for real... do check out the pics.

I will take pics of the new steering the gearknob / interiors tomorrow. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET THESE WITH YOUR CAR - i believe dealers are B.S'ing people about them. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN ENGINE IMMOBILISER INSTALLED. I've just found out that i do not have one installed when Fiat claims its part of standard equipment. As a result - i'm gonna kick their asses - and maybe even start a consumer court process if i have to (i just love taking panga)...

Anyway, here are the pics!

Enjoy.

spycar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:57   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Uttamc,

Thnx for posting the pics of Red Palio, but one more thing which I noticed is that does the care really has alloy wheels on it...i mean it looks as if wheels caps are installed on it and not alloys altogether...

Btw, drag them to the court man. Such kind of unresponsive behavior on a company's part make me think twice before actually purchasing one from them !!!
Hahah, yeah dude - i really wanna take some action against them - but will leave that to last resort cuz we all know how efficient our legal system is.

The alloys are for real - they grow on you. I didn' really like them initially and felt they were too "flowery" - but then after a while you realise that they're actually quite "FIERY" and you start to like them.
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:57   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Uttamc,

Those are standard Palio sport alloys. Look pretty neat. Though it is actually a matter of personal choice, I find these alloys more attractive than the S10 alloys, which were more straight line and no nonsense.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:00   #130
Senior - BHPian

^yup same here..and am glad i booked black , red doesnt look like it suits the car
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:06   #131
BHPian

I too am in love with these alloys... Too bad I couldnt get these OEM ones for my ride
rishibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:27   #132
BHPian

Is it right that palio stile s' headlight costs more than 10,000.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:29   #133
BHPian

Hey guys,

Here are the images of the new steering & gearknob - and another one of the car at service... looks good on the blue floor. I wonder if the BMC will reconsider the current color of our roads

Old 3rd July 2007, 12:46   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Is it right that palio stile s' headlight costs more than 10,000.
Yes buddy, I just confirmed after reading maxbhp's post and they do cost Rs. 16000.00/- + a pair
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:29   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yes buddy, I just confirmed after reading maxbhp's post and they do cost Rs. 16000.00/- + a pair

I like the red palio posted by uttamc. i guess black is better suited for the car. However, the read would look very sporty, with jet black tints all around the car!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote