Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 14th September 2007, 15:34   #316
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Completed 1k last night. Promptly took the car up to 160. But sadly, the high speed manners leave a lot to be desired. Car feels very light and there is considerable body roll. I would happily sacrifice some amount of ride comfort for better handling. In fact, my CRDi Elantra felt more composed. Then again, I'm used to one of the better handling cars in the country. In a straight line, the car is amazing though.
Disappointing that the handling is not up to the mark. Like has been suggested maybe a tyre change would help?
Old 15th September 2007, 22:43   #317
Senior - BHPian

205/60/15 is fine but 205/55/15 will also do. Also any plans for Petes?
Old 16th September 2007, 02:13   #318
BHPian

I dont think Petes box is out for the magnum yet

Best regards
Deepu
Old 16th September 2007, 12:30   #319
BHPian

With regard to stock illuminiation, i've not really taken this car on the expressway, but it seemed adequate in Bombay..but then we have very well lit up roads. Upgrade to halogens, that should solve the problem. If you've got spare cash then xenons. I believe they are 12000 a pair(ouch).
ALso with regard to petes box, not sure about that one but there is a guy in bombay called Jignesh who has something similar for half the price. It did magic in my friends petrol optra(which can out run an old VTEC)..will try to get his contact no.

Happy driving!
Old 17th September 2007, 01:04   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepug View Post
I dont think Petes box is out for the magnum yet
could anyone give some information about the Petes box for magnum ? I mean to say whether its in the pipeline or is it just daydreaming on our part
Old 17th September 2007, 09:09   #321
Senior - BHPian

Won't the tuning box be an overkill with the kind of handling on offer? In a straight line its okay but, speed is not just about straight lines is it?
Have ordered 205/60R15 Michelin PP2s. Lets see how much the handling improves.
@ Sudarshansarma - Are you talking about Viperji's Tri-Phase? It is meant for petrols.
@ Beanstalk_230 - AFIK, the box is under development.
Old 17th September 2007, 09:20   #322
BHPian

Can someone help me with increasing the low end power in my Petrol Civic and OHC 1.3 Exi?
Old 17th September 2007, 15:36   #323
BHPian

Civic - Increase Low End power.. never heard about this in a civic, does it really lack the grunt at low speeds (havn't driven it either)

I'd surely like to ask about a way to increase some power in my 3yrs old indigo (99K + km on odo, gonna complete 100K sooooon ), it really begs for more power but the damn engine.. everyone knows about it

Shuvd did not stretch it to those limits thats why cannot comment much about handling at very high speeds, odo on my magnum is nearing 600 km only and I did a 140 KmpH run on the GQ once and it felt absolutely composed and stable, have been very careful after that and i think I have not gone above 100 after that run, I just try to keep it below 80 somehow.. , I have a petrol optra as well and have done 150 + many times on it but I thought its very stable at those speeds, albeit in the swift or the NHC it felt as if i am gonna fly out soon.. lol

P.S. Palio diesel is also very composed I think , I did exactly 148 kmph and that was the top it could touch but was a much better experience than a swift at 150 +

Last edited by Zappo : 17th September 2007 at 17:29. Reason: Posts merged
Old 17th September 2007, 15:50   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Civic - Increase Low End power.. never heard about this in a civic, does it really lack the grunt at low speeds (havn't driven it either)
Civic has poor low end indeed, you need to rev it to make her move, infact its a pain to drive in the city.

Quote:
Won't the tuning box be an overkill with the kind of handling on offer?
Nope, the box is not all about out right power, its all about driveabilty, the torque.

Quote:
It did magic in my friends petrol optra(which can out run an old VTEC)..will try to get his contact no.
A Optra cant outrun a Stock Vtec with what ever you are talking about.

Stability of the Optra's is one of the best, infact it is more stable then the Civic/Accords at high speeds.

Last edited by BUSA : 17th September 2007 at 15:52.
Old 17th September 2007, 16:08   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Civic has poor low end indeed, you need to rev it to make her move, infact its a pain to drive in the city.

Stability of the Optra's is one of the best, infact it is more stable then the Civic/Accords at high speeds.
I had clearly an opposite opinion (obviously not based on facts), i thought civic was a great car for city driving

I do agree to you busa that optra has an amazing stability and acomposed feeling at high speeds

can anyone let me know the stock speaker size of the front and rear doors of optra petrol and the magnum??

O.T. Can any one suggest any method to reduce the visibility of scratches on a dark coloured car ? I myself have a black and royal blue.
My GM service wallah told me to get some waxing done up for this issue ( both GM cars), Do i require to go in for a specific brand or is it OK to get id done from the service centre itself with whatever brand they use.

Last edited by Zappo : 17th September 2007 at 17:28. Reason: Posts merged. Recollect your thought before you post your replies.
Old 18th September 2007, 17:46   #326
Senior - BHPian

Check the following thread for speakers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...upgrade-5.html

Quote:
can anyone let me know the stock speaker size of the front and rear doors of optra petrol and the magnum??
6.5 inch

Quote:
Can any one suggest any method to reduce the visibility of scratches on a dark coloured car ? I myself have a black and royal blue.
Talk about it, my black Optra has quite a few, just make sure i polish the car well and get it washed with shampoo on sundays.

Last edited by BUSA : 18th September 2007 at 17:48.
Old 18th September 2007, 18:13   #327
Senior - BHPian

Wrt speakers for the Magnum, you can also check this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...de-magnum.html
Old 18th September 2007, 19:18   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Busa - I think so too. But isn't 205/60 the proper upsize? Another gripe. The stock illumination is very bad. I mean, even with the fogs switched on its inadequate. Asked the A.S.S. to fit Phillips Crystal vision of the same wattage. They refused. On a happy note, Ripped the Magnum again last night. The car IS rapid!
Hey show off , when the hell do i get a ride in it ???
Old 29th September 2007, 14:01   #329
BHPian

hi,

wanted to understand, If i go for the optra magnum, is ABS and Airbags very important, or can we do without it?

Thanks.
Old 29th September 2007, 17:16   #330
Senior - BHPian

@ an_and - The Magnum is pretty fast and imho, its best if you opt for the safety bits.
Closed Thread