Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 7th October 2007, 10:26   #331
BHPian

hey... I had posted a question here, why did that not make it. And is this thread dead all of a sudden?
Old 7th October 2007, 19:40   #332
Senior - BHPian

ABS/Airbags can be done without but its recommend to opt for them. However if your on a budget and opting for LS, Max models then you cant do much.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:19   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
ABS/Airbags can be done without but its recommend to opt for them. However if your on a budget and opting for LS, Max models then you cant do much.
Ouch! I would say ABS cannot be done without! It should be taken under all circumstances. It can be a lifesaver. Please do not compromise on safety! Airbags.. well that too
Old 9th October 2007, 14:33   #334
BHPian

Default Magnum... Should this be my final choice

Hi,

I had test driven a Magnum a week back. I found the car to have great power, and well.. handled well. I have got my shortlist down to two.. Innova and the Magnum, and am unable to decide.

The pros and cons According to me

Pros:

MAGNUM
Great Power
Good Comfort
Adds to Stature
Good Suspension
front and rear disk brakes
great style
good mileage(hear say)
Latest Car
I can drive it to office do not need a driver (I drive 95 Kms a day)
Great Maintenance Plans
Warranty

INNOVA
Nice Concept
Very comfortable
Oodles of Space, and versatality
Good Suspension
More Value for Money
Good Resale value
Cons
MAGNUM
Power!!! can be dangerous
Well not too different from my Palio, but for rear leg room
Limited Boot Space (400 Liters!!)
Had the road noise coming into the cabin (in the TD)
Bad Resale

INNOVA
Its an old vehicle(been around for quite some time), and a face lifted one might be out soon,
Tough to drive.. will definitely need a driver
Mileage
Maintenance >>??

Can you guys please help me make a decision?
Old 9th October 2007, 15:36   #335
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Hi,

I had test driven a Magnum a week back. I found the car to have great power, and well.. handled well. I have got my shortlist down to two.. Innova and the Magnum, and am unable to decide.

The pros and cons According to me

Pros:

MAGNUM
Great Power
Good Comfort
Adds to Stature
Good Suspension
front and rear disk brakes
great style
good mileage(hear say)
Latest Car
I can drive it to office do not need a driver (I drive 95 Kms a day)
Great Maintenance Plans
Warranty

INNOVA
Nice Concept
Very comfortable
Oodles of Space, and versatality
Good Suspension
More Value for Money
Good Resale value
Cons
MAGNUM
Power!!! can be dangerous
Well not too different from my Palio, but for rear leg room
Limited Boot Space (400 Liters!!)
Had the road noise coming into the cabin (in the TD)
Bad Resale

INNOVA
Its an old vehicle(been around for quite some time), and a face lifted one might be out soon,
Mileage
Maintenance >>??

Magnum is new in the market so how can you be so sure about the resale? if you are looking at the resale of petrol optra then check out the resale of hyundai accent petrol and CRDi and see the difference in the resale value.

Well if you need to carry lots of people with you innova is the vehicle for your otherwise magnum is the car for you.After being in a innova for a long time (10days at a go)at all the seats when i drove my accent it felt infinitely comfortable to me,this is my take.

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th October 2007 at 15:38.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:50   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Well mate! the decision finally boils down to car/MUV. If you like driving your car around yourself it has to be Magnum. Further, IMHO a car is a car is a car. No MUV can replace it. Had it been me making the decision it would have been a no contest - Mag by a mile. But then it is not me and you have to take a call!
Old 9th October 2007, 15:54   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
INNOVA
Mileage
Maintenance >>??

bro, you found it tough to drive?? in the size aspect or generally driving aspect?
Old 10th October 2007, 12:10   #338
BHPian

even i have driven the innova and according to me it is BIG for sure but not difficult to drive, the way it handles in city sometimes made me feel it is actually a bit smaller than it actually is, but yeah innova can definitely be given to the driver in that case if you find it tough in the driving aspect

and a CAR would always be CAR no matter what anyone says, you can check out my ownership exp of the magnum - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post568155

an_and i think you must sort out your own requirements, i mean if you need a car for yourself then it is definitely going to be the magnum otherwise its the innova if you need it as a family car (family more than 4 people)
Old 10th October 2007, 21:52   #339
Senior - BHPian

theFreak - I would never like to buy a car without ABS, but people having budget restraints cant do much, so hence i said can be done without also, since you would be paying 1.5Lacs plus from the Max model to the LT.
Old 11th October 2007, 07:11   #340
BHPian

I do not think there can be comparison between the feel of driving an innova and a magnum. The magnum accelerates violently, and if power means something to you, go for it.

The innova to me, if just about functional - duly going about its duties without fuss. But it's a beautiful machine in its own right - so differently from the magnum, I find it strange you're confused.
Old 11th October 2007, 15:56   #341
BHPian

Just back from a magnum test drive. Garuda Autocraft (Bangalore) had a test drive route that I had to follow and most of it was crowded. So was not able to flex the car a lot but from whatever little time I floored the pedal, the performance was fantastic. I can still feel the g's.

Sad part is that the attitude of the dealer is bland. They are not that interested in selling. Besides, Garuda is closing down its GM dealership and switching over to Maruti. ???? Normally I would expect the dealer to be excited about the car. But for some reason they are not.
Old 11th October 2007, 16:39   #342
Senior - BHPian

Garuda Autocraft?????
What kind of name is that for a car dealership anyway????

I really like the way Honda and Toyota name their dealerships:

Deccan honda
Whitefield Honda
Linkway Honda....

Whereas the GM dealership here in Pune is named as:
Pashankar Autowheels!!!!

Sorry for going off-topic. But if a guy can take up such crap names like "autowheels" or "autocraft", I can't stop laughing thinking what kind of passion or pride he will have in the cars he sells...

But that's me -
Old 11th October 2007, 16:56   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Garuda Autocraft?????
What kind of name is that for a car dealership anyway????

I really like the way Honda and Toyota name their dealerships:

Deccan honda
Whitefield Honda
Linkway Honda....

Whereas the GM dealership here in Pune is named as:
Pashankar Autowheels!!!!

Sorry for going off-topic. But if a guy can take up such crap names like "autowheels" or "autocraft", I can't stop laughing thinking what kind of passion or pride he will have in the cars he sells...

But that's me -
I had read about the car, its performance and I was soooo excited to drive it.
Now picture this. I enter garuda and there are 8 uniformed sales people standing there and chatting. Now one guy finally looks at me and asks me what I want. I say "Would like to TD a magnum diesel". Then there is a minor confusion about who should explain the features to me.
Finally a lady comes forward. She points me to a black magnum.
I go forward and sit in the driver's seat. She sits in the passenger seat and all she says is "This is diesel sir. 2 liter. LS version. Top end is LT and thats not in the showroom". Thats all she said. Nothing else. I was busy looking around the car so did not bother with the lack of words. But it was very bad.

Finally I asked them for a test drive. She got the vehicle and we stepped in. I took out the vehicle for a drive. There again, very few words. She pointed out that the indicator is on the left. Thats it.

Sometime during the drive, I pointed out that the car was very fast, had very high torque.

All she could say was "yes sir. It really zooms".
Note: She did not say "YES SIR, IT REALLY ZOOOOOOMS".

Their excitement was so low that I thought they probably saw death or something close to that. Really bad marketing but then, great car right . You don't get everything in one package. So a great car and very soon only one dealership in Bangalore - Sundaram. Not a good sign .
Old 11th October 2007, 23:18   #344
BHPian

Hi guys,
you are right..no ABS, then NO car!. A lot of people dont make the stretch because they have a stereotype that these things are not required in India. There is another dealer opening in B'lore i'm told..so in a month or two sundaram should not be alone!
Old 12th October 2007, 23:07   #345

hi guys... iam planning to buy magnum...but am confused about the colour... What colour will suit magnum LT the most? pls advise...
Closed Thread