Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th June 2007, 00:38   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Finally the wait is over .. here comes the 1.3 torque king.

Finally got my hands on my SWIFT LDi which i had booked through FORTPOINT motors (thane) . They had commited the delivery date to be 17th of this month , but i recieved it 5 days late i.e. on Friday (22nd).
I had my college(in sion) practicals from 7 a.m. - 10 a.m. and after that i rushed towards Bhiwandi stockyard , which i reached @ 10:55 a.m.
We register our cars from SILVASSA - Gujrat (next to daman) so had to take the car there for the registeration . But the crunch here was , the registeration office in silvassa is open only till 1 p.m. and from bhiwandi , silvassa is aproxx 135 kms.

and yea btw my car have a look at it ;

So i started @ 11:20 a.m. from bhiwandi ... had to refuel ... so got Rs. 500 Diesel in and it took me around 15 mins. to HIT the highway (NH-8)...
inside the city the i.e bhivandi i wasnt able to test the car for its pick up etc , drove it in 2-3 gear but stilll it was like zip zap zoom ....
Entering the highway made me feel better , because it was already 11:40 and some 125 kms more to go.
the Turbo kickin feeling was simply outrageous , the moment i crossed 100 , the car seemd to be acting wierd then but still i was in an around constant between 100 and 130 ... couldnt help cause the time factor was involved.
Took the car to around 150 +
managed to get a snap of the car doin 145 ...

It wasnt that rainy that time .... but when had to break a couple of time all of a sudden the car almost felt like goin outa control , so i gessed the tyre pressure mite be on the higher side ... ne way i somehow managed to reach silvassa RTO @ 1:10 p.m. (10 minutes late) . Thurough my agents inlfuence luckily i got the registeration done ...in the meanwhile i calculated the fuel economy on my heavy footed driving , it was approx 14.63 km/l .... no comment on that one ....
when i checked the air pressure @ pump it was at an 45 psi ... phew ... well now i now y i was so nervous during entering the corners .
I made it to 27 in the front and 26 at the rear.It made a whale of a difference ...
the Gear stick was quite a disappointment cause while downshilfting i was experienceing gear-locking(espescially from 5th to 4th)
and yes , the Ldi model doesnt have a left side rear view mirror , which completely pissed me off ...
Any way il keep u updated when i add the accesories and the ICE ...
thanks
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 14:51   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

installed the left , side view mirror FINALLLYYYYY !!!!!!!!!
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 08:49   #3
BHPian

@karan561
Congrats on your new ride.
BTW how did you break in the engine( the usual manufacturers recommendations or the mototuneusa method?
I am considering getting mself a swift diesel, when I hear about the waiting period i get put off.
Did you feel the tyres were inadequate?
regards
vm
supremoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 09:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Talking congrats

congrats on your new swift, could you elaborate on what you mean by "gear locking". also what are size and make of the stock tyres?.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 09:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Congratulations dude....but dont tell me your going to drive that..????
Wht happened to the corolla???still there?
I think the first thing you gotta do is change the tires..awful set of tires Maruti gives with the swift,in a buy back you would hardly get 700 bucks per tire.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 10:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Karan
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 11:50   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car...its a sweet machine.

Butttttttttttttttt You took a brand new diesel to 150? Man, take it easy with the engine. And do also read this thread.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 12:05   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey congrats on the new car!what did you mean by "started acting weird above 100kmph"?
dude take it easy, its a new car,run it in properly.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 12:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Dude!!! its a new baby man... treat her gently for a while.Lead footed drivin from the start will take a toll on the engine in the ling term!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 19:49   #10
BHPian

LOL! This kinda amused me. On the very first day, taking it to above 150, like 160! This sounds like the motoman run-in. Heh heh.

Take it easy if you want mileage in the long run ors continue racing it if you want responsiveness & peppyness in the long run.

A
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 23:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Karan.

Quote:
I made it to 27 in the front and 26 at the rear.
Keep it 34, 32. 27, 26 is way to less and more air is better handling so you really should not feel nervous.

And running in a car has less to do with FE and more to do with the new parts settling in.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 23:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Karan...nice choice of colour.

Quote:
Any way il keep u updated when i add the accesories and the ICE .
Body kit ? Bigger rims/tires ?
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 23:49   #13
BHPian

Hey, Congrats Karan. But I think this is not the way to drive new car. Take it easy man.
abhijitvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 23:55   #14
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Keep it 34, 32. 27, 26 is way to less and more air is better handling so you really should not feel nervous.
I agree. At least recommended tyre pressures should be maintained. And I vaguely remember reading somewhere on this forum that Swift manual does recommend higher pressures for high-speed driving. Even if it doesn't, 2-3 psi above the recommended pressures is advisable if one is doing sustained speeds like 150 kmph.

When a new car is delivered, tyre pressures should be immediately checked. Because when the car is shipped to the dealer, the tyre pressures will be deliberately kept at high levels and the dealer usually will not take the pains to reduce pressures before delivery of the vehicle to the customer.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 15:59   #15
BHPian

Congrats dude, its a nice car with very good engine..
madhu_calvin is offline   Reply With Quote