Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th July 2007, 11:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

I have not driven any of the vehicles you have mentioned (bullock cart, premier padmini, palio 1.6), so, can not objectively comment on your observation. But, so far, I have not seen any bullock cart or premier padmini go from 0-100 kph in 11.xx seconds. I also have not seen them having in-gear acceleration figures comparable to Palio 1.6 too. If you have seen such bullock carts, please let me know. I am interested in owning some of the hottest bullock carts in India.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 11:15   #17
BHPian

Cyrus my friend, you have to live with the car to know the real taste of it. one night stand is not made for falling in love. The fiat lovers here are the guys who are leaving with it from 0 km to god knows many have passed 100000 km with the beauty.

The brakes are made to stop the car and they should be responsive. Would you buy a car if the brakes are not responsive.

About the quote 4000 rpm to move the car - I own 1.6 sport. no need to even go to 1000 to move the car. The idling rpm 600 to 800 is sufficient to get this baby moving. How to check - getly lift the cluth (jittering - you decide) the babe moves.

The RPM and torque is inversely proportional. But this car gives u plenty. try accelarting in 5th gear at the start of the flyover. You will understand what the torque is.

The standard bridgestone are really good set of tires. They are reliable.

About Padmini being quicker than palio - I have seen the big cars loosing on to palio on highways. I have done this many a time. I love that and I will keep doing it. We can try it out with the Padmini u drive.

Steering is spot on.

The last and important - The myth about the Palios - Average kaam deti hai - Drive one for one tank full to empty....I am sure that will give you real picture.

I hope, you will give another try...and this time drive it in city and not on test track.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 11:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
he he he. Nice report cyrus. I think it is time fiat started making tyres too. Then we can have a test report on them
He he he. e_l is so happy with the report! I think you should request Cyrus to TD an esteem and find out what he compares that to. LOL!
sushanthr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 11:54   #19
BHPian

hey cyrus

I own a baleno and iam a big fan of fiat palios .. Palios r fast..
let it be 1.1 or 1.6, and when people say 1.6 palios r bomb, they mean it ,its not a joke , its a one of the fast cars we have in india( in that segment), Fiat knows what they make dude ..Great Cars.

Karan
spider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 12:19   #20
BHPian

true. although the review lacks depth or may seem biased, it still doesn't justify malice from anyone else, even if they can write the most astute reviews themselves.

he will acquaint himself with t-bhp standards over time. flaming can only lower the forum's standards, and doesn't do much good in any way.
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 13:13   #21
Team-BHP Support

Guys dont under estimate his lil fiat, he might have few trick up his sleeve that makes his car kick ***

Relax its a public forum and everyone is entitled to their personal opinion, limit it to debate and dont go running after mine is better than yours.

I think my snowhite is the BEST
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 13:18   #22
BHPian

Default Frustrating, to say the least

I am NOT a Fiat-lover, I am also NOT a Fiat-hater. I have become a member of this forum recently to get information on cars that we can consider buying.
Surely I am getting some information and along with it a lot of abuse.

I have test-driven a Palio 1.1 and with a little bit of experience of driving for more than 25 years around the world, I have liked it, for the price. Unfortunately, being a scientist even at my age I cannot consider cars worth much more than 4 lakhs, and so have not TD'ed the 1.6 and hence cannot comment on how much slower it could be than a bullock cart.

I take it personally insulting when, with the free license, people can write whatever they want, and then get sponsored by powerful people of the forum in the name of free expression.

But the fact is: There is nothing called absolute freedom. Your freedom is restricted by freedom of people around you. Freedom also comes only with responsibility.

From where I come from, a little bit of responsibility and unbiasedness can only rescue us, nothing else.

People are looking for information, as unbiased as they can be, and then let the people make their own decision. That's what responsibility is all about.
asitkde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 14:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

The 1.6 certainly is no slow coach,If I interpret correctly the problem maybe you may have had a punctured tyre and the review was done with the puncture.Of course am no expert on this but certainly driving with a puncture is not a pleasant experience be it any car or there was some other defect[which caused the tyre to go flat as well] with this particular car.

Quote:
But After Driving 1 Km Further,the Front Left Tire Was As Flat As The African Grasslands.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 20th July 2007 at 14:39.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 14:33   #24
BHPian

[quote=superavi;506202
@Cyrus - how about some pics and a review of the fiat??[/quote]
By the way....Where is Cyrus ? See we are fighting... he made a MTV Bakara out us.
Ajay_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 14:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Please note that no more off topic posts will be entertained.

Last edited by DCEite : 20th July 2007 at 14:45.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 14:53   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
The brakes are made to stop the car and they should be responsive. Would you buy a car if the brakes are not responsive.
Doesn't a 100 bhp car (1.6) deserve ABS? Is ABS an option/standard on the 1.6?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 14:58   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
No it doesn't come with ABS although the old gen Palio had ABS as an option. Later discontinued due to lack of market demand for those versions.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:17   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Dude, what are you trying to prove here? If Palio is unsafe, so are the rest of the cars in the category. I don't understand why you think 800, Alto, Zen, Wagon R, Santro, Maruti Van etc are safe? On a bad stretch of roads these are just rolling stones. They are best suited to carry Japanese/Korean people on concrete roads. These cars are so "tinny" that I find them "half-a-car"! Palio is any day more comfortable and safe.

I really wanna know why nobody calls cars like 800, Alto, Van, Wagon R etc unsafe?
sushanthr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Chill Sushanth
No one called anything safe/unsafe. He just asked a question, thats it.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:28   #30
BHPian

How can he write it like that, i own an adventure but have never felt any shortage in power. An adventure due to it s gear ratio is sluggish when compared to palio 1.6.

Its in gear acceleration is prety poor when compared to 1.6 palio, ( in 4th gear only, good when 5th is engaged ). Inspite of this i havent felt any lack of power, so your contention is baseless.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote