Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th July 2007, 15:34   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
Dude, what are you trying to prove here? If Palio is unsafe, so are the rest of the cars in the category. I don't understand why you think 800, Alto, Zen, Wagon R, Santro, Maruti Van etc are safe? On a bad stretch of roads these are just rolling stones. They are best suited to carry Japanese/Korean people on concrete roads. These cars are so "tinny" that I find them "half-a-car"! Palio is any day more comfortable and safe.

I really wanna know why nobody calls cars like 800, Alto, Van, Wagon R etc unsafe?
Did I comment that palio is not safe?
Was just asking if it has ABS option. The company brochures doesnt mention anything.

By the way, the dealer has only one 1.6 with him. It was parked outside the showroom, and first when we asked, he mentioned that it just came from a test drive. Then, when we went to check out the car, he said its for delivery and not for TD.

Is there a way to check if the speedo cable has been disconnected for TD? Can the odometer reading be changed by the dealer? (No off topic answers please!)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th July 2007 at 15:39.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:45   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is there a way to check if the speedo cable has been disconnected for TD? Can the odometer reading be changed by the dealer? (No off topic answers please!)
Yes you can find out if the speedo cable has been disconnected or not while taking a test drive. When you drive, the speedo will just show 0 kmph all through.

Yes the odometer can be changed by a dealer if he isn't ethical but if the odo is tampered with you can be smart enough to know.

But if a dealer offers a TD with the speedo/odo cable disconnected the odometer reading will not increase.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:52   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yes the odometer can be changed by a dealer if he isn't ethical but if the odo is tampered with you can be smart enough to know.
How?

Asking cause in the 1.1 Stile that was on display, the odometer was not digital. Like the one on my previous Maruti 800. No idea about the 1.6 though.

Have heard that those type of meters can be altered by the dealer. As for the dealer, seemed OK, though i dont have previous experiences with them.
Old 20th July 2007, 15:57   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How?
Like I said sir, it isn't an easy job and will involve removal of the speedo console which isn't easy again since it involves removal of the dash board and other parts in the car. If you think the dealer is going to get an odometer rolled back taking so much amount of pain then you are mistaken. He will simply disconnect the cable rather than taking so much pain.

Quote:
Asking cause in the 1.1 Stile that was on display, the odometer was not digital. Like the one on my previous Maruti 800. No idea about the 1.6 though.
It is not digital on the 1.6 either. And btw, even the digital odo's can be tampered if you think they cannot be!

Quote:
Have heard that those type of meters can be altered by the dealer. As for the dealer, seemed OK, though i dont have previous experiences with them.
I dont know buddy what you are trying to say. It would be great if you can be straight, clear and to the point without going off topic in this thread please? I would be glad to answer your queries.
Old 20th July 2007, 16:18   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Dealer says the Palio 1.1 is available in the following colours.
Furnace Red, Ozone blue, Alpine green, Mint white, Carbon black, magnesium grey.

Of these, have seen carbon black and furnace red palio stile here in the forum. Fiat India gallery shows Alpine green and ozone blue colours too. Anybody has pics of the other two colours of the palio Stile?

Brochure shows colours as splash only, and not on the car!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th July 2007 at 16:25.
Old 20th July 2007, 16:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

where is the guy who started this thread....!!!!!!!!!!!

IN the meanwhile, lets just cool down. Why do we always have to fight over FIAT's. A FIAT is a FIAT and it will remain one irrespective of what anyone feels. India is the 36th country that Fiat has started operating in. Maybe thats also the place we have in its priority list. The Stile 1.1 is just crap and look at the Stile 1.6, the seating position has changed, no leather, no spoiler, nothing really good except the 1.6 engine. And about the quality of the new engine we are yet to know about long term reviews.

People who buy FIATs dont buy it for F.E, Enumerous number of service centers, or looks. Thye buy it for the Quality and the Comfort levels they provide. People who give priority to the prior factors would think FIAT is stupid for others would be able to see the value it offers at the price point.

I drive a Fiat Uno 1.2 and an Adventure 1.6. And i know the difference in quality of each smal thing i can see on the newer "localised" version.

This is not a Fiat Lovers Forum. I do feel we need to accept the fact that FIAT is killing itself. And the fact that people are free to express what they feel.

We all love our cars. And i love my FIATs. But lets live and let live.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 16:38   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Furnace Red, Ozone blue, Alpine green, Mint white, Carbon black, magnesium grey.

Of these, have seen carbon black and furnace red palio stile here in the forum. Fiat India gallery shows Alpine green and ozone blue colours too. Anybody has pics of the other two colours of the palio Stile?
Here let me cover other colours. Check the links here on team-bhp itself:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...le-launch.html (Palio Stile Launch)

ImageShack - Hosting :: 04ic6.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uine-pics.html (Super HOT!!! New FIAT PALIO :::Genuine PICS::)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/394052-post274.html

Hope I covered all colours for you on behalf of Fiat

Quote:
Well different perceptions here. Whats the point again?
Old 20th July 2007, 17:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Chill Sushanth
No one called anything safe/unsafe. He just asked a question, thats it.
Dear Mod,

Isn't this question off topic as well?

Coming back to point, I guess Cyrus has been deeply disappointed with his test drives and that is his opinion. Let us respect that. Moral has offered Cyrus a drive in his car and lets hope it will put things to rest. I hope uttam can do the honors as well.

The 1.1 is sluggish no doubt. But I am really surprised with the feedback on the 1.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Well different perceptions here. Whats the point again?
The point is that Fiat sucks no matter what, even if one has to nitpick to show it.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 20th July 2007 at 17:32. Reason: Adding sarcastic comment.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 17:33   #39
Team-BHP Support

Cyrus is learning how to drive and I wouldn't risk another flat tyre in my car. My offer is to sit shotgun while I drive all the way up to Lavasa city 40 kms one way and back. If I wrote somewhere that he can drive my car then I am taking my words back

Quote:
The point is that Fiat sucks no matter what, even if one has to nitpick to show it.
x2 my friend. I was with Karlosdeville today digging junk cars to pick up and we were surprised seeing the sluggish, under performers, poor FE returning 1.1 Stile's on road. There are quite a number of cars and the target of around 3000 cars a year looks well in their achievement.

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th July 2007 at 17:39. Reason: Adding sarcastic comment :)
Old 20th July 2007, 17:47   #40
Team-BHP Support

Touche' moral, touche'!

Anybody realise that you will mainly see such passionate debates only for Fiats? Read through the forum.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 17:54   #41
BHPian

Quote:

I own a ozone blue. Its a lil diff from the color seen in the ad.

The clutch of the Stile is extremely good. I dont know what he meant by the statement. Also Stile comes in two ranes 1.1 and 1.6. People can choose what they want among both. I
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 19:07   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

@moralfibre: Thanks for the pics.

@zooombie: Mind posting few pics of your Stile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sports
Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.1 LXi Duo with LPG (DUH What a long name!)
Not into wagonR v/s palio again. We can a separate thread for that (if needed)
Old 20th July 2007, 19:10   #43
Team-BHP Support

Stop this people will you? A Fiat is a Fiat and it will stay the same. It has lots of pluses and many self created minuses as well. And all your arguments over the whole forum is not going to change things. At least not in a hurry.

So stop all the sarcasms and the bite backs and stick to the topic in hand. I think we do not want another locked thread because it is leading up to another inferno. Besides everything else it reflects on our own immature handling of passionate debates and is a disservice to the starter of the thread.

So, stop all the off-topic discussions and get back to the problem in hand guys, willya?
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 19:26   #44
BHPian

moralfibre, you look to be in a highly inflammable state today. i really don't understand what it is that you're getting so worked up for... DCEite, on the surface of it at least, did not look like he was asking for a quarrel. anyway, this is OT too. but then, the heat on this thread isn't comfortable. the mod better go on another deleting spree, perhaps.
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 19:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
moralfibre, you look to be in a highly inflammable state today. i really don't understand what it is that you're getting so worked up for... DCEite, on the surface of it at least, did not look like he was asking for a quarrel. anyway, this is OT too. but then, the heat on this thread isn't comfortable. the mod better go on another deleting spree, perhaps.
Don't worry skandy.. what moral has said has actually echoed the sentiments of many who enjoy their Fiats, me included. All I'll say is that cyrus does not know what hit him. Fiat has a pretty big fan club, their cars are solid. Not talking about the company though. They may be sad managers and business planners, but their engineers are A class. And their work was under criticism. So relax, cyrus is in for a lot of flak.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote