Team-BHP - Palio Stile 1.6 And 1.1
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Palio Stile 1.6 And 1.1 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/26574-palio-stile-1-6-1-1-a.html)

Hey Guys..i Recently Drove The New Palio Stile At The Ranjangaon Factory And It Was Disapointing.

First The Palio 1.1
The Car Has Tons Of Clutch Judder.
The Car Has Extremely Responsive Brakes
Acceleration Was Poor
Ride Quality Was Nothing Great
And I Personally Did Not Like The Steering Position

Now The Palio 1.6
I Had Heard A Lot About This Car So I Expected It To Be Super Quick But Frankly Speaking My Premier Padmini Gives Me The Same Acceleration Jolt..
Clutch Juder Was Less As Compared To The 1.1
Brakes Were Even Worst(even More Responsive)
The Company Claims To Have Abs But That Is All "bull"
When I Jammed The Brakes There Was A Hell Of A Lot Of Lock Up And Tire Smoke.here I Would Like To Add That For Emergency Braking This Cars Brakes Are Very Good Because It Stopped From Around 135 To 0 In Around 40-50 Mts.
But After Driving 1 Km Further,the Front Left Tire Was As Flat As The African Grasslands.
So Fiat Needs To Give Their Tire Quality A Through Checkup
The Car Redlines At Around 7000 Rpm.the Power Band Is Between 4000 And6000 Rpm.below 4000 Rpm The Car Doesnot Move.it Is As Sluggish As A Bullock Cart.
Now You Know Why People End Up Getting 7-8 Kmpl In A Palio.

My Opinion--
If Somebody Else Was Paying For My Maintainence And Fuel I Would Buy This Car Today.
Otherwise You Must Be Kidding Me.....

Eggxactly correct. I felt the same on the ST(er)IL(iz)E(d)sorry: version of the Palio.

As i heard from somebody else on a forum "FIAT does not need a competitor to put the nails on its coffin. It knows pretty well how to do it on its own."
:Frustrati

But all said and done i'm still a FAN coz i I drive a UNO1.2 and an Adventure1.6 and i have never felt as comfortable in any other car upto the 8L mark (thats where the innova comes!!!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYRUS43 (Post 505591)
Frankly Speaking My Premier Padmini Gives Me The Same Acceleration Jolt..

But After Driving 1 Km Further,the Front Left Tire Was As Flat As The African Grasslands. So Fiat Needs To Give Their Tire Quality A Through Checkup

The Car Does not Move.it Is As Sluggish As A Bullock Cart.

Shame Cyrus! Belittling a Fiat? :p

Im sure your padmini is very quick, but you are exaggerating. We have had a 1.6 Siena Weekend (same engine) for years, and its very responsive and linear. Inspite of it being a heavier car.

Regarding the tyre, many factors could have caused the flat. I doubt you had anything to do with it.

Quote:

I Had Heard A Lot About This Car So I Expected It To Be Super Quick But Frankly Speaking My Premier Padmini Gives Me The Same Acceleration Jolt..

The Car Doesnot Move.it Is As Sluggish As A Bullock Cart.

Please substantiate! Have you ran the Padmini and the 1.6 side by side?

Anyway the review was BAD (not just by your Dad's standards).

me getting 10kmpl plus in city with a/c on all the time, so its not all that bad .. and i m not someone who keeps eyes on the instrument cluster and keeps revs low and stuff like that either

i agree that at times if does feel sluggish but it wasnt so initially.. am putting it down to fuel quality or something

Quote:

the Power Band Is Between 4000 And6000 Rpm.below 4000 Rpm The Car Doesnot Move.it Is As Sluggish As A Bullock Cart.

You must be kidding me .First you compare cars from different generations, and then you call the 1.6 a bullock cart:Shockked: . Boss, what you need to do is delete the Padmini for a while from your head. Take a test drive of a few cars that belong to this era, cars that come at the same price point as the Palio 1.6, then come back to this forum and share your views.

And 7-8 kmpl?? Do a little search and get yourself acquainted with a few facts and figures.

No offence, but what were you expecting? Supercar sort of performance?

P.S- I love the Padmini myself.But your review requires a retrospection.

-If your Padmini gives you the same jolt, its not acceleration for sure.

- ABS on Stile 1.6???? Since when? I havent even heard of a company option yet.

- A flat tyre is not fiat's problem. Its the tyre makers fault. Any car can have a flat tyre even before running 1mtr.

- there is always a powerband for every car engine. To get the most out of it one needs to keep the car in this powerband. a surge of power between 4K and 6K is pretty wide to play in. What's your point here?

- people dont get proper FE because they dont know how to drive. Most keep shifting gears and pressing clutches and brakes and cry. yes its not good but it aint bad either.

And no I dont own a fiat car but I dont take rumours. I am not against you but you need to drive a car with an open mind.

I cant drive a merc C class and rant about space issues at the same time. IF you dont like the stile, its not meant for you. Simple.

He is a 19 yr old kid and its actually good to see him share his Dads passion for the Fiat's. Please read his Dad's posts (handle Behram.Dhabar) on Himalayan Rally and not be too harsh on him.

Kya yaar Cyrus, I thought you were one amongst us but no :p

Quote:

Please explain what is Clutch Judder. I haven't heard of this term and neither does my teacher google know anything about it.
The clutch is Hydraulic and feels different. If you haven't yet driven a car with hydraulic clutch then its quite possible that the judder in your terms was a difference in feel.

Quote:

Agreed and it takes some sense to use it in the right way. Many of my friends just who take a drive return the car back in a km because they do not know how to use them right. If you slam the pedal, your wheels will lock.

Quote:

Acceleration Was Poor
Agreed 100% for the 1.1. It is designed to be sluggish for the "average kya hai junta"

Quote:

Surprisingly I did not feel the ride quality to be inferior for any other car in its class and people who have driven it for some time fall for it.

Quote:

Try the Indica, it has a better steering position.

Quote:

Now The Palio 1.6
Aha! Fun begins.

Quote:

It can definitely accelerate faster than your Premier Padmini, provided you know how to put the power down. It gives out its peak torque at 4250 rpm and you start accelerating by shifting not before you atleast hit 5500 rpm in each gear. If you want a demo i'll take you for a drive in my car next time you come to Pune and show you how to put it down. Its not difficult and easy to learn.

Quote:

Again explain Clutch judder pleashe

Quote:

Explained above but "even more responsive" because it has to stop a 100 bhp car which weighs in excess of 1000 kgs. Don't slam it and it wont be responsive but yeah they have a spongy feel, sadly at your foot :).

Quote:

Who said that? I haven't seen ABS in any of the brochures.

Quote:

When I Jammed The Brakes There Was A Hell Of A Lot Of Lock Up And Tire Smoke.here I Would Like To Add That For Emergency Braking This Cars Brakes Are Very Good Because It Stopped From Around 135 To 0 In Around 40-50 Mts.
What else do you expect when you jam the brakes? Next time try buttering the brakes. They taste better.

Quote:

But After Driving 1 Km Further,the Front Left Tire Was As Flat As The African Grasslands.
Punctures happen! My car had its third flat just recently.

Quote:

They don't manufacture tyres but yes they can now start offering Advan Neova's since one of their cars had a flat tyre.

Quote:

The Car Redlines At Around 7000 Rpm.the Power Band Is Between 4000 And6000 Rpm.
Nice observation. You keep her between 4k and 6k rpm and then butter the brakes to see that it doesn't stop.

Quote:

below 4000 Rpm The Car Doesnot Move.it Is As Sluggish As A Bullock Cart.
"It doesn't move" matlab it is stationary? It accelerates and if you know your driving a bit you will not compare a car of that caliber with a bullock cart and I am sure you will always be loved for making that statement. Choose your lines very carefully and even before that learn how to drive.

Quote:

Says who? Again if you know how to drive it wouldn't return you that FE ever. See my review for further details.

Quote:

If Somebody Else Was Paying For My Maintainence And Fuel I Would Buy This Car Today. Otherwise You Must Be Kidding Me.....
Please do not! It is slower than a Bullock cart. A bullock cart should move faster and have less responsive brakes and for sudden jolts of acceleration try lifting the tail and stick a cig butt doing a wheelie but ensure you have a seat belt.

cheers:

Good Efforts....

But do take it in a sportive manner... Everyone I believe is passionate about the CUTE Vehicles they own...

Thank God its Friday... Have fun guys n gals

Ram P

he he he. Nice report cyrus. I think it is time fiat started making tyres too. Then we can have a test report on them ;)

Quote:

Hey Guys..i Recently Drove The New Palio Stile At The Ranjangaon Factory And It Was Disapointing.

First The Palio 1.1
Acceleration Was Poor

Now The Palio 1.6
The Car Redlines At Around 7000 Rpm.the Power Band Is Between 4000 And6000 Rpm.below 4000 Rpm The Car Doesnot Move.it Is As Sluggish As A Bullock Cart.

My Opinion--
If Somebody Else Was Paying For My Maintainence And Fuel I Would Buy This Car Today.

there are only two types of people..
. one who deserve a FIAT &
. another who does not...

you certainly belong to the 2nd one....no point arguing with you...

owning & driving a FIAT car is an experience to be experienced.. my 1.2 PALIO NV has just grown on me... awesome is the feeling everytime i drive...

Quote:

My Opinion--

i would not mind paying , but still you would not deserve....

FIAT,always.....

19 year old kid writing this review....don't waste your valuable time explaining his teen age mistakes!

Baby, when you are 24, you will laugh at this silly report!

Till then, enjoy a bullock cart!agree:

Regards

Guys,
Lets stop bashing all kind of cars. All cars are meant for some purpose.
If they are selling hot in the market means they are delivering what they are supposed to deliver.
GD

Another kid goes Fiat bashing on this forum!

Comparing Palio 1.6 with Premier Padmini was Joke of the Day!
And then saying 1.6 was as sluggish as Bullock kart was Joke of the Decade!

Grow up kids!