Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th October 2007, 16:20   #16
BANNED

Sorry, meant more power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Civic with bigger engine?
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 18:43   #17
BHPian

Vishal: Very Good review of new car ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithc View Post
my mileage remains at 8.5 to 9
surprising fact i notice is
tank is divided into 4 quarters as per the feul gauge.
when i fill in fuel fulltank, the needle passes the full mark. the needle gets to the full mark only after 20 to 40 kms. so i think i shud get more mileage

Surprise for me then, needle goes to 2nd quarter by the time i reach 80kms. then the 2nd and 3rd quarter catchup for loss by taking me till 300. the 4th quarter till reseve light comes on also goes fast in 50 kms

i cant figure this out.. no mater HOW i drive, average is the same. 350 kms for 38 to 40 liters. so average is approx 9.25
Ranjith: Yes. I have noticed similar pattern on the Fuel gauge too.

100% mark only after 30~40km
75% mark around 100~110km
50% mark around 200~210km
25% mark around 300~320km
Comes to Fuel low around 350~370km

IMHO, this seems fairly linear, with a slight offset though.

Fuel Low always comes on when it takes 40L to top up (that is, Fuel Low indicates 10L in the tank)

My FE has been varying between 8.5kmpl to 9.5kmpl. Have been using Shell Premium (Whitefield or OMR).

Considering the traffic in Marthahalli at peak hour that I need to tackle on my way to office daily, these city FE figures are brilliant.

A colleague who owns a Civic automatic claims he gets around 7.5kmpl in similar traffic conditions (also drives through the thick of Marthahalli)
GSHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 20:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
my mileage remains at 8.5 to 9
surprising fact i notice is
tank is divided into 4 quarters as per the feul gauge.
when i fill in fuel fulltank, the needle passes the full mark. the needle gets to the full mark only after 20 to 40 kms. so i think i shud get more mileage

The fuel guage is not linear, I assume same must be case with most other cars.

I am getting mileage of around 11.5-12 kmpl consistently though not driving in a sedated maner. 100% AC and have filled gas from Shell, BPCL and IOC with no significant variations.
megger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 22:49   #19
BHPian

HI Vishal,

congrates for new car and nicely written review. Suddenly I am seeing a yellow, a black and a red cedia in Powai HN area. I guess the red one might be just yours. I stay in IIT Bombay. Hope to get one some time soon.

regards
Amit
1000Horses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 12:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post

I am getting mileage of around 11.5-12 kmpl consistently though not driving in a sedated maner. 100% AC and have filled gas from Shell, BPCL and IOC with no significant variations.
megger: Thats good mileage considering that you are driving in 100% city traffic with AC all the time.

I get a mileage of just over 9 kmpl with city driving in bumper to bumper traffic most of the time on my way to work and back. AC usage is 100% and I fill gas from Shell.
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 12:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post

About painting front grill, I am planning to do it next time. I really wanted to get 1st service done quickly and hence did not consider.
btw, how much did it cost and can you post some snaps?
I paid 2K to get the grill painted with metallic jet black. Got the job done at the dealership during the first service.

Maybe getting it done outside would be cheaper.
Old 9th October 2007, 08:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
megger: Thats good mileage considering that you are driving in 100% city traffic with AC all the time.

I get a mileage of just over 9 kmpl with city driving in bumper to bumper traffic most of the time on my way to work and back. AC usage is 100% and I fill gas from Shell.
Well, possibly because I start for work at 7:20 . Evening traffic is bad anyways, though not bumper-to-bumper. Even otherwise I am fairly confident of 11kmpl
Old 9th October 2007, 08:58   #23
BHPian

Default Why Cedia picks up slow till 30 kmph?

I am sure most of Cedia owners might be facing this. I saw in other post too. Cedia picks up very slowly till 25-30 kmph, and then gives you an airline effect!

It really annoys one while taking up at speed breakers when you're down to second gear but just can't pick up speed.

Any thoughts how can this be improved?
Old 9th October 2007, 15:59   #24
BHPian

I remember reading some post which stated that the FE in city was 11. I was surprised to see those figures as I cant manage 2 digit with my palio 1.6. Its always 8 to 9...350 to 370 for 40 ltrs.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 16:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
It really annoys one while taking up at speed breakers when you're down to second gear but just can't pick up speed.

Any thoughts how can this be improved?
Loss of power is evident in 2nd gear at very slow speeds unless you rev the engine a bit more than normal.

I am always down to first gear when negotiating humps and also in stop and go traffic. Not sure if this is affecting my mileage though.
Old 11th October 2007, 00:32   #26
BHPian

Default RE: Cedia Ownership report @ 1000 KM

During my test drive i did manage to stall the car from stationary twice and almost stalled whilst going over bad bumps towards the excel motors showroom.
And it hasnt happened to me ever earlier in my palio or any of the other test drives that i did (scorpio, magnum, 3.0 safari, civic). so there is something with the engine till it gathers speed or is it that it takes a while getting used to. But then why doesnt it happen when i drove other cars?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 09:56   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Fuel gauge is definitely not linear in some other cars. Civic for sure does not have a linear fuel guage.

Astounding average figures mate for a car that size.
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 20:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
During my test drive i did manage to stall the car from stationary twice and almost stalled whilst going over bad bumps towards the excel motors showroom.
And it hasnt happened to me ever earlier in my palio or any of the other test drives that i did (scorpio, magnum, 3.0 safari, civic). so there is something with the engine till it gathers speed or is it that it takes a while getting used to. But then why doesnt it happen when i drove other cars?
Maven, apparently too many people face this while test driving Cedia. I believe it is mostly because Cedia is not driven with so called half-clutch as many other cars.
Old 16th October 2007, 17:49   #29
BHPian

Hi All,

well i am following this forum for long with special interest in threads on cedia but havent posted much. Cedia got into my mind when I first saw it at a small automotive show at IIT Bombay. It was out of my reach that time. I waited for few months and now finally the day arrived.

Today finally i booked a Black Cedia Sports after a good test drive.

I am greatful to Vishal who put up his time for me. Hope to get it delivered in next couple of weeks.

Regards
Amit
1000Horses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 20:23   #30
BHPian

Congrats Amit

I am sure you'll enjoy it.