Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st April 2004, 08:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

Hey Aadix,

I agree with what everyone here has said. Sonata doesnt sound like the right choice.
One thing i cant understand though is why are u keen on the V6? considering ur sis is gonna drive it, and the average is really bad. i understand u aldready own a standard sonata.... but then v6 just for the sake of a difference?

IMO it would be worth it to wait for the accord rather than buy a V6 sonata...... the sonata is a good car for its price.. lots of happy customers, but the sonata V6 does not make any sense to me as a car for any reason.....

cya
Rehaan
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2004, 12:03   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

a 2002 honda accord automatic done 11k kms for 9 lacs non negotiable

a 2003 mh reg sonata v6 for 10l neg done 7k kms for 9.5 lacs (+1.5l for re reg+60k for insurance)
Just the fact that a 1 year old Sonata V6 is selling for 9.5 lacs should give you an idea of how fast this car depreciates. The original owner has already lost 6.5 lacs within 12 months!!

Aadix, since the car is for your sister and you prefer a brand new, just go for a 4 cylinder Automatic accord, and if your budget permits shoot off toward the V6 Accord. For a car that is as big as the E Class and almost as fast, a 14.5 - 17.5 lakh price is sheer value for money. Plus you get all the goodies standard such as 6 cd changers, alloy wheels, leather seats etc.

June is only a month and a half away. Be patient, but make the right choice. The Accord appeals not only to the heart, but the head as well

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2004, 12:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The Accord appeals not only to the heart, but the head as well
Couldnt have put it better pal
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2004, 01:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

hi guys
well i am sorry to say that honda is completly out of the picture , so is the sonata v6

its now between the fully loaded toyota corolla or the sonata gold
it seems the dealer is giving a whooping 1.8 lac discount for the gold!!!!!!!!! and close to a lac for the s20
as of now me gunning for the corolla(heard its a really good vehicle), but honestly guys do you think the gold will be of more value???
thx
waiting for ur comments espicially dippy and gto
ps:v12 the sonata glswill be sold of withing a years time, the new car will stay for a pretty long time
aadix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2004, 02:38   #20
RJK
Senior - BHPian

hey aadix,

what i dont understand is why r u hell bent on buying a car that u already have ! r u buyin a car bcoz the dealer gives massive discount! no offence pal but i'd never do that..anyway from ur above choice i'd say buy the corolla..faster than sonata, comfortable plus a toyota..moreover u'd atleast feel like u got a new car..

M3
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2004, 03:48   #21
BANNED

addix ..VECTRA man....or maybe the skoda L&K better than bothj corolla and sonata. god feateures and mad average..

think abt it...???
vishnugnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2004, 11:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

hey rj!
my dad hell bent on the sonata dude, plus i cant argue with him much as he the person forking out the money!
heck my sis should be arguing with him not me!
anywayz till be the corolla , unless my dad changes his mind again!

ps: vishnu, we saw the octi, my dad's youngerbro has one not much place in the rear , thats imp as my dad and uncles are 6 footers and 120kgs plus!
Old 23rd April 2004, 00:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

hi guys!!!
after reading this please dont start laughing or think this guy is an one item piece!!

my dad has finally gone in for a sonata gold whose delivery we have taken today and coming home just now, the colour is a amheyst mauve, in exchange for the sonata gls we have, he gave us 6.35 lac for our 2001 spec sonata done close to 41k kms, which my father felt was good value, he gave us a overall discount of 1.8l,

hence the search for the car for my sis continues!!!!! !!!!

hence
how does a a honda city 1.3 2002 done 11 k kms sound? for 3.75l???!!!!
or a opel astra club 2002 for 2.75l sound?

guys please dont laugh or think this guy is a nut case, and help me out here, as of now the budget is only 4 l
as dad had a overall budget of 10l of which close to 6 went to hyundai guys:angry:

gto, dippy, rj, v12 , vishnu , adi, adipd... what do you guys think??!!!

thx a lot for bearing with me guys
ps:apart from the honda any other car u suggest?
Old 23rd April 2004, 00:47   #24
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Wasnt the Sonata supposed to be for ur sis???

Anyways, the City 1.3 is out of the question. Cos its very sluggish compared to the 1.5. Try extending ur budget and u might get a 1.5 City [the 2nd gen one] for around 4.75. Or u cud get a 1.5 [1st gen ] for 4 -4.5. Go for the EXi-S model which comes with alloys and spoilers [1st gen i mean].

Astra Club is a good car. And for 2.75 its really a good deal. But just have ur mech ake a good look at the engine etc.

P.S. Hey aadix, my suggestions/advice/opinion are not for free. I am givin them to u cos u promised me a digicam, remember?? *

v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2004, 00:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

hey v12 just pmed you
well looks like no one can figure out my dad!!!!

anyways let him decide for my sis's car, and he wont spend a single pie over 4 or else would have gone for a 2nd hand crdi or a city vtec

v12 is it true that the astra can be only serviced in the astra workshop, coz our mech (and the owner of that astra )firmly said he will not service the astra if we buy it coz he cannot
Old 23rd April 2004, 01:02   #26
BANNED

buddy , what u need here is ot make up u r mind, astra requires factory servicing fo r all the major repairs. small stuff can be done by u r local mechanic.

i would go fo the vtec good performance also the crdi is also a good option. a very responsive car both of them with the city edging out on performance. and finally u want average and a tank like built quality buy astra !
Old 23rd April 2004, 01:10   #27
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

the most important question here is : What type of a car does ur sis need basically?? You can get a wide range of cars [both new and 2nd hand] in 4 lakhs. So it depends on what u need.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2004, 01:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you just buy your sis a Zen or Palio man? I mean, it serves the purpose doesn't it?

SO, you get your car within the limited budget. Your dads happy and your sis is happy.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2004, 01:20   #29
BHPian

Aadix,

So what was the selling price on the Sonata? Not counting your tarde-in.

BTW, what's a Sonata "Gold"?
VTEC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2004, 01:29   #30
BANNED

all what u want it what u need !