Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd April 2004, 03:51   #1
RJK
Senior - BHPian

hey guys,

so last saturday there was a party at my house...my father's colleagues/friends had come..one of them had the vectra..i took it out for a short spin in hiranandani...as the owner wasn't there with me..only the driver here r few of my observations :

1) the car is really really silent..i almost couldn't hear the engine on cranking up !

2) Very good ride...u dont feel most of the bumps & potholes..even if u do it might be very less..

3) The car has amazing gizmo's! the computer showed that there was less pressure in rear left tyre! indicator stalks are irritating though...have to be really careful with that or u end up indicating the other side !

4) i couldn't rev the car a lot...however i did took it to 60 in the first gear..i wouldn't say the car likes to be revved..also it was noisier on being revved...not obtrusive though...

5) Rear leg room nothing phenomenal...especially when compared to camry & accord.

6) interior is not very exciting...the worst thing is manual adjusters for lumbar support & height..on an 18lakhs car !

i couldn't spend much time with the car as my mom called me upstairs what i really loved was the ride of the car...very stable...thats where it shows its european roots...strong & sturdy! anyway thats about it...

M3
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2004, 03:55   #2
BANNED

there u go aadix!!!
as for lumbar support and hegit adjuster...none expect the sonata has this..its manual in the rest. but man do u wanna sit it a car that simply doesnt pull!!!
vishnugnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2004, 17:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Lucky you! Opel Vectra is one of my favorite cars..I love the typical Europeon look of the car - solid build, great balanced design and yea like all europeon cars it has timeless good looks. look at it 7 years from now and it will still look contemprory.
I guess Europeon and specially German cars except the super performance ones like BMw and porsche are designed to deliver the goods the high rpm. once the cars go over 3000 rpm they really turn into rockets! This unfortunately doesn't work in India. We don't have the german autobahn's or the disciplined drivers and traffic flow like they do over there and hence the vectra never really manages to get into it's performance zone over here. Sad!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2004, 15:07   #4

I have a black vectra (brothers daily car) which i recently souped up a bit.

The car might not be as quick as the others - but the handling is far superior. You had taken the car upto 60 in 1st. Did u try 2nd gear? its a totally different ball game!

I have now added a K&N air filter, OWS spark plugs and a twip pipe end can. Also changed the front grill (removed the Opel logo) and put in a small lip spoiler on the boot. Also got some black alloys. Show and Go! thats what i like.

the best thing about it is the handling. even if something goes wrong, the Traction control comes in and gets it all right! even took it on the race track here. it handles like a dream!
sawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2004, 16:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey RJ great report on the Vectra Hoped you could have spent more time with it. Hey Sawan youre Vectra sounds exciting ..could we have some pictures of your baby??

Cheers
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2004, 18:49   #6
RJK
Senior - BHPian

thanks dips...& yeah sawan i did take it to 60 in the 1st gear but thats about it....couldn't rip in 2nd gear
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2004, 19:44   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Sawan,

What track did you take your Opel on? Do they allow for the general public to come and test their cars on teh track?

BTW good combo there with the black car + black wheels!

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2004, 16:24   #8

how do i post pics? can i just add them to the post?
i dont have them on any website so cant put a hyperlink to them. I could email them to one of u guys who could then host it perhaps!
I have driven a lot of cars on the race track in sriperumbudur - about 1 hour from chen on the chen-bangalore highway.
the track belongs to the MMSC - Madras Motor Sports Club - and you can hire out the track and do what the hell u like! I have friends who race the FISSME's (formula india single seater maruti engine), esteems and newly launched LGB's (bigger and better fissme's with esteem engines) and i have driven all these cars and lots more on the track, even lots of big bikes. It is just so much fun and u can totally go to ur limit as there are no cyclists or cows!
Theres a new race track opened in Coimbatore (55mins flight from chen) which I visited last weekend to see the races (karts, cars and bikes). I plan to make another trip to coimbatore during the next long weekend to fool around with those too. I happen to know all the guys involved in racing - so I get to do all this stuff! - Lucky Me!
Old 30th April 2004, 18:10   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]how do i post pics? can i just add them to the post?
Check out the announcements forum section on the main page of team-bhp.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2004, 19:35   #10

hi guys - i have posted pics of my vectra on the introduce yourself page. topic - bike & car enthusiast me!