Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd November 2007, 18:44   #46
BHPian

Hi Guys..

I need a quick help

I have been going in rounds to make up my mind to buy a car ..i thought Pa would make me think that is the car "i wanted "......

But again i didnt find looks or interiors that great......It looks good....but didnt impress me when compared to Swift / Getz .......

So i have finally zeroed down on two options

1. MAruti Swift OR
2. Getz.

I heard from my cousin that Getz Service Costs is higher than Santro / Swift. Could you guys let me know how much do you spend for Getz on regular maintainence ??

Your help in this regard would help me in driving a car at earliest

cheers

PRasanna KV
pitchucold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunghatge View Post
Guys i have recently booked Getz 1.1 GLE
My basic requirement from is decent milage..(at least 13kmpl in city)
i am 6.2ft tall and my parents are 5.8 so i needed specious car so i went for getz.. as far space is corncend i am sure i have made a rt decision..but have I made good decesion in terms of F.E. ...some posts on this thread claims that 1.1 has lesser milage than 1.3 is that true...??
Please help me out .. i am freaking out abt F.E. of car
Go for Aveo UVA... its better overall, including mileage.
The 1.1 engine is underpowered for the size and weight of the car.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 22:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Its not 5.25". It is 6". Not very sure.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 20:15   #49
BHPian

people who are confused between swift and getz, i have just one thing to say. if you want a car for your family, forget the swift. but if you want a car with more power, then go for swift!
soumya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 09:37   #50
BHPian

Ramie,Soumya,

Which is the alloy used in one of the picture ?
Is it alloy or cover ?

Anju
Anju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 23:05   #51
BHPian

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7...zsoupedzx5.jpg

ramie did some modifications in this picture, i guess he was looking for alloy wheels!
Old 24th November 2007, 13:47   #52
BHPian

Yestarday I went to Mathura Road Hyundai Motor Plaza....
Went for a test drive of Getz Prime 1.1 and the newly launched i10.
(Its not a comparision between i10 and Getz)
My Observations on i10....
Pros....
1. Interiors are awsome, the Quality of plastic used is very good.
2. Indise the car U can hardly hear the engine noise. Its very silent.
3. New gear position is good, feels easier to shift gears.
4. The side mirrors are worth, it give a very good look for the following road and vehicles.
5. The AC knobs and and all the buttons...its so colourfull. Hyundai is good in combining colours though.
7. I wont say there is enough of legroom as i am a bit tall. 5.11
8. Engine is very smooth

6. the front view. Looks a bit like baby civic

Cons.
1. The back seat ride. I felt it a bit bumpy
2. The seats are very hard. I guess hyundai could hace used some more cushions in it.
3. Boot Space .... less than santro
4. The rear view....could have been better. The santro's rear view is better according to me.
5. The sound of the Horn can be heard inside the cabin

First I was sitting at the back to know how the rear drive feels . i was sitting at the rear sear towards the drivers side. There was a proper leg room as my knees hardly touched the driver's sear. But wen after some time I took the steering on my hands without changing the drivers seating position My knees were toughing the front. So I had to push the seat back a bit which I think in thet position would have touched the knees of a 5.11 tall man seating at the back.

If you are planning to buy an i10 than magna is the perfect choice as its comes with almost all the necessary feautures except airbags and ABS. The integrated nusic system in Magna(O) is not upto the mark. Although it doesn't sound bad...but for music lovers..it wont sooth ur ears so much. hyundai could have used a better sound system in mgna(O).

Now about the Getz....1.1

Everybody knows that gets is a good car except its pricing.
I would not like to say about its pross as everybody knows it well so would like to state some -ve points aboput Getz prime 1.1......

The interiors are not as good as it usede to be the old Getz. Although it felt like sitting in a Sedan the quality of plastic used in prime is very downsided. There was a change in the steering. The steering used in the old gets gives a very solid feeling while driving the car.
And one thing which I strongly disliked was the position of the horn. Every time u press the horn u have to take ur hands off the streeing and have to press in the middle of the steering wheel. U wont face much problem if u got enough long fingers.
That was something I dint like. Dont understand Y hyundai did so much of cost cutting with its prime.
Dint feel the engine so much underpowered( its 1.1 man dont compare it with 1.3!!) untill and unless you want to do a drag race....its power is extremely fine. I have heard so many people saying about the AC....but the one I drove , the Blower speed was at 2 and the cabin was cold enough. Dint have any problem eith the AC.
OVERALL......A WONDERFULL car to drive . the backseats comfortable and enough of boot space . Awsomely smooth and grear shifting is like butter(no car in its segment can beat that). You never get tired while driving Getz no matter how longthe journey is. The thing is that You will really enjoy driving te car.

Go for Getzzzz it really Rockzzzzz!!!

Last edited by aah78 : 5th December 2007 at 05:15. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post
wmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 04:33   #53
BHPian

The new car pictures are ready but I just realised that I cannot post them as a newbie. Any exception in the greeater interest of the team members? Otherwise, I have to wait until I attain the next level status. Thanks, Murali.
gmmurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 05:17   #54
Team-BHP Support

Arrow garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmurali View Post
The new car pictures are ready but I just realised that I cannot post them as a newbie.
Though you may not be able to create a BHP Garage because of your newbie status, you can post a couple of pictures in this thread if you feel like.
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 07:06   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchucold View Post
1. MAruti Swift OR
2. Getz.
Depends on what you are looking from the car. If you love to drive, Swift it is!

If its a family car to seat 5 regularly, no doubt, go for the Getz. 1.1 may be underpowered in specs- but the low end more than makes up for it. Its a fun to drive car in the city (Not enough power for highways though!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmurali View Post
The new car pictures are ready but I just realised that I cannot post them as a newbie.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 05:09   #56
BHPian

I posted my earlier message in the wrong thread. Thanks Crazy Driver for your tip. I put the links to pictures in my correct thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...gls-1-3-a.html (Fianally Bought GETZ GLS 1.3) "Fianally Bought GETZ GLS 1.3"
gmmurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 17:05   #57
BHPian

Just completed 1200 km's and had the first servicing done. I have got no problems with the car till now, and am really satisfied. Well, the pickup maybe not as fast as the 1.3 of the Swift, but everything else makes it up it!

P.S. Moderators, please change the thread title to ''Getz Prime 1.1 GVS - Drive Global (Updated: 1st Servicing Done)''
Old 30th January 2008, 17:30   #58
WYN

Hi Soumya,
I also recently purchased the Getz GVS 1.1
Just wanted to know what make of Tires have been fitted on your car?
Are they GOODYEAR? And what size?
Will appreciate if you could let me know!
Thanks
WYN is offline   Reply With Quote