Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th October 2007, 22:21   #1
BHPian

Smile Getz 1.1 GVS Ownership Report EDIT: First Impression

After a very long and serious discussion with you guys, I finally settled for the Getz 1.1 GVS. I bought this beauty from Saini Hyundai in Kolkata on Wednesday (10th October) for 4,64,00 OTR with Keyless entry, Full anti-rust and Teflon coating, matting and a car cover. That was a steal, I tell you. The color we chose was real earth. The waiting period was about 2 months. Nowadays they have enlarged the tires and also added a rear spoiler. Once I got inside the vehicle, I thought that I was inside of a sedan. The beige interiors and wooden finishes here and there really adds to the sedan look. Surprisingly even 4 people can squeeze in the rear seat and the boot space is huge! The ac was quite okay but it may not turn water into ice but it's more than adequate. When I started the engine, I thought I was bound to get disappointed but it turned out to be an impressive performer. It was really easy to drive and the ride quality was excellent with no engine noise. The suspensions were equally impressive. If you close your eyes, I bet that you may even forget that you are inside of a car! I suggest that people looking for a hatchback should seriously consider this. Take a test drive and see it for yourself. I will post more details and pictures soon if you guys need it!

Getz Vs. Swift
Now to get some facts straight. I was heavily in favor of the Swift but my parents rejected it due to lack of space, refinement and for the bumpier rides in the rear seat as compared to that of the Getz. Now they were in a position to see that the only thing huge difference which the Swift has, was that of the 1.3 engine but the Getz had an equally impressive space of a sedan, much much better interiors and a smooth and silky ride quality. Though it is much more fun to drive the Swift, the Getz beats Swift in regards to space and refinement. Fuel economy is more or less equal and there is no doubt that the Maruti service is still numero uno but Hyundai is not bad either. My advice is that if you are an individual go for the Swift but if you have a family, the Getz is a much better deal. Don't go for the HYPE!

EDITED: Thanks KPZen

Last edited by Mpower : 12th October 2007 at 02:17.
soumya is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 11th October 2007, 22:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Soumya
U need to check out the preview before posting anything.
Do go through the announcement & rules for posting.

I tried editing and i guess this is what u wanted to put up.

Quote:
After a very long and serious discussion with you guys, I finally settled for the Getz 1.1 GVS. I bought this beauty from Saini Hyundai in Kolkata on Wednesday (10th October) for 4,64,00 OTR with Keyless entry, Full anti-rust and Teflon coating, matting and a car cover. That was a steal, I tell you. The color we chose was real earth. The waiting period was about 2 months. Nowadays they have enlarged the tires and also added a rear spoiler. Once I got inside the vehicle, I thought that I was inside of a sedan. The beige interiors and wooden finishes here and there really adds to the sedan look. Surprisingly even 4 people can squeeze in the rear seat and the boot space is huge! The ac was quite okay but it may not turn water into ice but it's more than adequate. When I started the engine, I thought I was bound to get disappointed but it turned out to be an impressive performer. It was really easy to drive and the ride quality was excellent with no engine noise. The suspensions were equally impressive. If you close your eyes, I bet that you may even forget that you are inside of a car! I suggest that people looking for a hatchback should seriously consider this. Take a test drive and see it for yourself. I will post more details and pictures soon if you guys need it!

Getz Vs. Swift
Now to get some facts straight. I was heavily in favor of the Swift but my parents rejected it due to lack of space, refinement and for the bumpier rides in the rear seat as compared to that of the Getz. Now they were in a position to see that the only thing huge difference which the Swift has, was that of the 1.3 engine but the Getz had an equally impressive space of a sedan, much much better interiors and a smooth and silky ride quality. Though it is much more fun to drive the Swift, the Getz beats Swift in regards to space and refinement. Fuel economy is more or less equal and there is no doubt that the Maruti service is still numero uno but Hyundai is not bad either. My advice is that if you are an individual go for the Swift but if you have a family, the Getz is a much better deal. Don't go for the HYPE!

Last edited by kpzen : 11th October 2007 at 22:42.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 22:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumya View Post
The waiting period was about 2 months.
Now that is news to me ! We are getting Getz here off the shelf or in a day or two ( depends on the colour ). Loads of discounts as well.

The wooden finish ( new thing ) looks horrible - the old silver finish on the console was good looking.

Yes, as far as space and refinement go, then the Getz is one of the best hatchbacks though 1.1 is a bit underpowered. 1.3 is perfect but then a lot of money.

Ridiculous thing from Hyundai is Getz 1.3 is more expensive on road than the Accent GLE - which is a far better VFM Car and nearly perfect IMHO.

I mean why would someone buy a Getz 1.3 for more money and not Accent with a 1.5 engine, boot and big car.

@kpzen - thanks for the editing !! Much needed. Cheers !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 23:01   #4
BHPian

Smile Here are some snaps! 1) Our Dealer.

@#1#[COLOR=#810081][/COLOR]
soumya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 23:02   #5
BHPian

Smile 2) Front View

Old 11th October 2007, 23:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the Getz, its a very spacious car, with build quality and comfort better then the Swift
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 00:19   #7
BHPian

Smile 3) Side View

Old 13th October 2007, 11:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

What is the FE you are getting ? A friend of mine wants to buy a Getz in a day or two and I wanted to check for him.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 21:54   #9
BHPian

it should give around 15.8 in highway and 11 in city but haven't been keeping tabs just yet!
Old 15th October 2007, 11:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Getz beats Swift in regards to space and refinement.
Well, I don't think that Getz will beat Swift in refinement !
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 12:02   #11
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
well, sure it does. no offence to swift owners but the getz has much much better interiors and the rear seat rides are not as bumpy as swift especially the petrol variants. the vdi rocks though!
Old 15th October 2007, 12:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Maybe Soumya meant the NVH level.
Now pls dont get another Swift v/s Getz battle started.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 12:32   #13
BHPian

you are right kpzen! i was referring to the nvh level and i am also in no mood to start another battle between getz and swift.
Old 15th October 2007, 16:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Getz is very good hatch except for its price, but it has good NVH level, good refinement, good quality and smooth ride

Getz is different segment apart we can't compare this beauty with Swift/Pailo.

All the best!

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 08:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride Soumya. Nice colour! So, what upgrades have you planned for your beauty?
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote