Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2007, 10:17   #61
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,033
Thanked: 1,470 Times
Default

Samurai, when's the delivery?
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 14:04   #62
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,889
Thanked: 9,720 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Samurai, when's the delivery?

For humans - 9 months
puppies - 3 months

Silver GV's - 2 weeks i think
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 14:05   #63
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 14,302 Times
Default

Latest by Nov 15th, best case 1st week of Nov.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 14:28   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 2,006
Thanked: 1,018 Times
Default

Samurai San! Congrats.....enjoy the beauty!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 14:29   #65
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,033
Thanked: 1,470 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
For humans - 9 months
puppies - 3 months

Silver GV's - 2 weeks i think
You are multi-talented and experienced.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Latest by Nov 15th, best case 1st week of Nov.
Dont drive over any exploding crackers on the first day.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 16:07   #66
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,889
Thanked: 9,720 Times
Default

Before you sign on the dotted line

some nut on ebay.in haas posted a complaint in a for sale section!

Go here
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 16:18   #67
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 14,302 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
some nut on ebay.in haas posted a complaint in a for sale section!

Go here
Why is he selling it for 25 lakhs? Can't alignment be done locally, the TD vehicle didn't have any vibration. May be he got a lemon.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 19:28   #68
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,889
Thanked: 9,720 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why is he selling it for 25 lakhs? Can't alignment be done locally, the TD vehicle didn't have any vibration. May be he got a lemon.
methinks he is not selling merely posting to make a noise
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 21:15   #69
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

GV is a great choice for an off road SUV. Suzuki has years of experience building hard core off road vehicle (Jimny anyone?).

Other than the lack of torque and the so-so FE, I cant think of any -ve points. Looks like a million bucks and sized just right. Like someone said, it a baby RangeRover.

As far as tires, a extreme off road tire will have a button thread which gives your traction for driving on loose surfaces like slush, sand and snow. But will generate higher tirenoise at highway speeds and hurt high speed handling on smooth roads. The OE tires should be adequate for mild off-roading like you did on the TD.

Last edited by Mpower : 18th October 2007 at 21:18.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 21:54   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pune
Posts: 920
Thanked: 363 Times
Default

Man, I am envious, I had both GV and Rav4 for 2 weeks each in US, and though the RAV4 is more torquey and fun to drive I enjoyed the GV and when it launched here I was so tempted.

However I'm still around the 8 lakhs mark and though the heart says go ahead, I'm not sure spending 14 lakhs on a car at this stage is a good idea. Hopefully I will manage before I am 40 or else it's not really worth it.

Maybe a couple of years. But congrats to you on a great purchase and enjoy the SUV.
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 00:47   #71
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 14,302 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Other than the lack of torque and the so-so FE, I cant think of any -ve points. Looks like a million bucks and sized just right. Like someone said, it a baby RangeRover.
At 4H, torque won't be an issue I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
As far as tires, a extreme off road tire will have a button thread which gives your traction for driving on loose surfaces like slush, sand and snow. But will generate higher tirenoise at highway speeds and hurt high speed handling on smooth roads. The OE tires should be adequate for mild off-roading like you did on the TD.
I am not going for extreme off-road tyres. The OE is a highway all-season tyre, I am planning to switch to all-terrain tyres. The tyre I am looking at has pretty reviews for both on-road and off-road usage.

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
However I'm still around the 8 lakhs mark and though the heart says go ahead, I'm not sure spending 14 lakhs on a car at this stage is a good idea. Hopefully I will manage before I am 40 or else it's not really worth it.
Well, I am pretty close to 40, this is my time I guess.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 08:14   #72
BHPian
 
kartikkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore...not Bengaluru
Posts: 214
Thanked: Once
Default

Congratulations Samurai. Lookf forward to pics and a detailed user review of the "baby-soon-to-be-yours".

Cheers!
kartikkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 09:38   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
madan80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Before you sign on the dotted line

some nut on ebay.in haas posted a complaint in a for sale section!

Go here

not a very smart guy- why would you advertise a problem?
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 10:16   #74
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Poor guy, after opting for luxury, he gets this
Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
not a very smart guy- why would you advertise a problem?
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 15:13   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Congrats Samurai! Have fun with the GV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Samurai, when's the delivery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
For humans - 9 months
puppies - 3 months
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trax Gurkha Test Drive on Horrible roads and Off-road too Samurai 4x4 Vehicles 273 17th October 2017 22:19
Horrible Audi R8 test-drive experience. *UPDATE* Audi makes up for it! rishi_kapoor Indian Car Dealerships 19 23rd February 2012 10:41
Safari Test Drive on horrible roads Samurai Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 93 22nd October 2007 20:57
Test Drive & Comparo: Honda CR-V vs Ford Endeavour vs Suzuki Grand Vitara sparton Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 45 18th October 2007 14:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks