Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd July 2008, 15:59   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wat I noticed is when I start from stand Still the rpm drops a little bit and then rises. This results in a little jerk. Is this normal or it needs to be addressed.

I think Its the problem with the right proportaion of clutch and accelerator being released, will need some more practice to get used to it. Wat do u think??
I am having this same problem with my car and S.K.Maruti have told me that they need to replace the front axles and engine mountings as per Maruti's circular. This is definately not a problem of sychronisation between clutch and accelarator.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 14:54   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I am having this same problem with my car and S.K.Maruti have told me that they need to replace the front axles and engine mountings as per Maruti's circular. This is definately not a problem of sychronisation between clutch and accelarator.
Thanks Amit, skbharat and OMishra.

My car is very new.just got it 1 month back.do u think it also requires the front axles and engine mountings changed.

Wat exactly shud I ask Maruti dealers so that they get this thing rectified.

Have already told Rana Motors Guys that I am feeling vibrations when car is moved from standstill/1st gear. They have called me tomorrow (Saturday) for checking the problem.

Is there anything else I need to tell Rana Guys????
W@nnaR@ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 23:20   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce View Post
Thanks Amit, skbharat and OMishra.

My car is very new.just got it 1 month back.do u think it also requires the front axles and engine mountings changed.

Wat exactly shud I ask Maruti dealers so that they get this thing rectified.

Have already told Rana Motors Guys that I am feeling vibrations when car is moved from standstill/1st gear. They have called me tomorrow (Saturday) for checking the problem.

Is there anything else I need to tell Rana Guys????
Tell your service guys that you want the front axles and engine mountings changed as per Maruti's circular to solve this problem. Make sure you say that there is a circular from Maruti about this issue so they know that you are an informed customer.

Last edited by amit : 4th July 2008 at 23:22.
Old 4th July 2008, 23:30   #214
BHPian

hi amit . will changing the front axles and engine mounts solve the problem of shuddering sound while engaging the car in 1st gear ?
man_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 10:16   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_1 View Post
hi amit . will changing the front axles and engine mounts solve the problem of shuddering sound while engaging the car in 1st gear ?
Since there is a circular from Maruti about this, it should solve the problem. The problem in my car is not yet solved since S.K.Maruti didn't have the redesigned axles and mountings in stock. They asked me to wait for about 10-12 days till they get the new parts in stock with them.

If the axles and mountings don't solve the problem then, I guess, you can ask the dealer to check the throttle body as per the reports of other SX4 owners here.

Last edited by amit : 5th July 2008 at 10:18.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:55   #216
Senior - BHPian

On Thursday, I was driving to work and the windscreen cracked! The crack has gotten bigger in these few days. Maruti toll free tells me the part is covered under warranty if it's a manufacturing defect. This will be decided by the service workshop. Have a 9.45 appointment at S.K.Wheels tomorrow for the same.

Meanwhile, S.K. told me that my axles and mountings have still not come. The order for my car was specifically placed on July 5 but the parts are still awaited. Will call Ratan tomorrow for the same.
Old 4th August 2008, 22:34   #217
Team-BHP Support

Windscreen cracked. I think they might avoid covering it under warranty by saying that it was a pebble hit or something.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 11:50   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Windscreen cracked. I think they might avoid covering it under warranty by saying that it was a pebble hit or something.
Yeah, it could not have cracked on its own, unless you parked your car in the hot sun, with the widows rolled up all the way.
Anyways, I am sorry that it happened to your car.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 13:11   #219
Senior - BHPian

Just back from S.K.Wheels. Service advisor refused to acknowledge it as manufacturing defect, referred it to the service manage who said the same thing. I insisted it was a defect and no stone hit the windscreen. Service manage calls the Maruti engineer who says the replacement will be done under warranty. Car has been called back for the replacement on Monday.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-050808_0913.jpg  

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-050808_0912.jpg  

Last edited by amit : 5th August 2008 at 13:12.
Old 5th August 2008, 14:40   #220
Team-BHP Support

This is good on the part of Maruti to acknowledge it as a manufacturing defect.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 16:14   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
This is good on the part of Maruti to acknowledge it as a manufacturing defect.
+1.

Thats great. And that too without much badgering. Hope the other issues are sorted out too.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 11:43   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thats great. And that too without much badgering. Hope the other issues are sorted out too.
I wouldn't say it happened without much badgering. There was badgering that happened but definately less then what I would have to do with some other brand. Let's see how things go on Monday. I also asked them about the engine mountings and axles and I was told they would follow it up with Maruti. It's been one month since the order for the redesigned mountings and axles was placed. Wonder whats going on.
Old 18th August 2008, 12:11   #223
BHPian

My windshield also has a crack, it started from top so I dont think it is from a pebble. Is there any issue with windshields, a manufacturing defect or car bady is transferring stress on glass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I wouldn't say it happened without much badgering. There was badgering that happened but definately less then what I would have to do with some other brand. Let's see how things go on Monday. I also asked them about the engine mountings and axles and I was told they would follow it up with Maruti. It's been one month since the order for the redesigned mountings and axles was placed. Wonder whats going on.
strips007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 17:04   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strips007 View Post
My windshield also has a crack, it started from top so I dont think it is from a pebble. Is there any issue with windshields, a manufacturing defect or car bady is transferring stress on glass?
How old your car is? Mine is just 2 months old and till now no cracks on windshield i check 5 mins back.. is it because it is standing in direct sunlight or as said transferring stress on glass. Is there any circular on the same
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 23:44   #225

Guess cracking of the windshield has something to do with the rain and putting on the airconditioning...Around 2 years back, a friend of mine and I were driving in his new Accent. All of a sudden we noticed a crack on the windshield and within seconds it started spreading in circular shape. We took it to Hyundai workshop who refused to do anything. We contacted the company and they sent us to a different dealership and the windshield was reaplaced under warranty.

Moral of the story, this being the monsoon season, may be there is a corelation between rain and windshield cracking while the a/c is put on. Two - defects like these need to be taken to the company for rectification
iMakk is offline   Reply With Quote