Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2008, 15:44   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
amit V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: kolkata
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

guys can you tell me that why water(brown colored) is coming out from my SX4 while reving hard, specially while backing up into my garage. the garage has a slope up.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 17:14   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
guys can you tell me that why water(brown colored) is coming out from my SX4 while reving hard, ...
From where is it coming out? Exhaust or body or some other part?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 23:04   #288
BHPian
 
prince85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 967
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Do you think you could post a few pictures of the same? I have 215/55/16 on my SX4 with 16x7.0 rims. They definitely look alot bigger than the stock tyres, but 225/55 is something I just cant imagine.
Do the Eagle F1s only come in that size for 16inchers? Cos even I love the V design on those tyres, but I think 225 is just way too broad for my liking.
Also, another thing, any effect on efficiency as such?
Thanks!
I quite wanted to go in for the 215-55-R16 but then you know, the clearance between the tyre and the fender in the SX4 is quite a lot even with the stock size of 205-60-R16 and by going in for 215-55-R16, the gap would further increase a bit (as per tyre bibles) as the height of the 215-55's would be slightly lesser than the 205-60's and therefore i thought 215-55's would look too ugly for my taste. By going in for the 225's i negated that as the 225-55's are marginally taller than the 205-60's and therefore the clearance between the tyre and the fender is slightly reduced if anything and the wheel wells look sligtly more filled up~! And moreover the V-spec design looks great on broad tyres is what i feel. And the stock ZXI alloy is 6J and the 225-55's don't look all that broad on 6j rims. Maybe it would on your wider 7J rims is what i feel, i maybe wrong though! But i checked tyrebibles and it said that the recomended rim size for 225-55-R16 wheels is anything between 6J-7.5J. Soo therefore i went right ahead with the upgrade!

And secondly, my main worry was the 225's protruding outside the fender due to them being broader than the stock 205 but nope, they sit well inside the wheel well/mudguard/fender and don't protrude out even a slight bit. I am very happy with my choice like i said before, they look fantastic to my eyes and they ride much better than the stock wheels.

The only problem is i guess the spare tyre. Well, the spare tyre is stock JK and i plan to use it only in an emergency/flat situation which is pretty elementry and logical. In that case, As soon as i spot a tyre repair wallah, i will repair the punctured Goodyear and put it back onto the car. The max i will have to compromise on is to drive with a high degree of caution when i am using the spare JK which is a conpromise i am okay with!


Cheers

PS- Car is right now taken by my dad to Mangalore. Pics would up as soon as my ride is back in Mumbai.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 18th October 2008 at 23:10.
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 05:40   #289
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I quite wanted to go in for the 215-55-R16 but then you know, the clearance between the tyre and the fender in the SX4 is quite a lot even with the stock size of 205-60-R16 and by going in for 215-55-R16, the gap would further increase a bit (as per tyre bibles) as the height of the 215-55's would be slightly lesser than the 205-60's and therefore i thought 215-55's would look too ugly for my taste.
...
...
...
Cheers
You know, I had the 215s on the stock rims earlier and a few months ago only changed the rims to 7J ones. Instantly, the tyres looked alot broader and fit the wheel well up alot more width wise. I get your logic about the 215/55 and the 225/60; but like I said earlier, 225 in written form sounds just huge!
I think I'll show you the pictures of my tyres and rims, will take a few shots in the morning and post them.
When I got my rims changed and the tyres suddenly looked alot wider, I asked the guy and he said that 215s are more suited to 6.5 rims so the performance of them on 7J rims would be alot better than before. Assuming this as correct, surprising that 225s are ok with 6-7.5J rims - but my knowledge is not that great with tyres and rims.
But again out of curiousity, since I'm not too good for tyres - as mentioned above, wont fuel efficiency take a hit on 225s? Or is the change from 205 to 225 not such a huge jump since you're retaining the 16inches? I get about 8-8.5, sometimes 9 - and highway about 11-11.5; whereas a friend of mine who has the Zxi downsized to 15" rims (for some inexplicable reason) is getting 10-10.5 in city; is that due to the upsize?
As for the spare tyres, I also had the stock 205/60, and once at servicing they rotated the spare as well; and man, the car was swinging to the left madly. Of course, the guy said "sir, because the road is sloping to the left, thats why this is happening - we have not done anything." Anyhow, I later saw the problem and had them swap it back but immediately went and bought a new spare 215 since I realised if on the highway, the effects would be noticeable alot more.
Anyway, till I post the pics inthe morning; orlate afternoon actually since its quarter to 6 already....

Last edited by anantnehru : 19th October 2008 at 05:43.
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 08:03   #290
BHPian
 
prince85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 967
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
When I got my rims changed and the tyres suddenly looked alot wider, I asked the guy and he said that 215s are more suited to 6.5 rims so the performance of them on 7J rims would be alot better than before. Assuming this as correct, surprising that 225s are ok with 6-7.5J rims - but my knowledge is not that great with tyres and rims.
.
My knowledge on tyres isn't great either but then i had our in-house tyre guru ISHAN to help me out with the choice. Even he said that the 225's were a slight bit too wide considering the power generated by the SX4 but the size in itself in terms of an overall upgrade was never a cause for concern and well, who does't like fat wheels?. Regarding the rims, like i have mentioned before my friend, i did some research on that and tyrebibles recommends any size between 6-7.5J and i would trust that source better than the guys from the local tyre shops but then thats me, maybe . Maybe 6.5-7J would have been ideal, i don't know! But again as per tyrebibles 6J is not a problem at all and well within the recomended limits. My priority was looks while retaining the same performance as the stock JK's. Tyres protruding outside the fender/wheel well was a big NO-NO for me and if the 225's had to protrude outside the fender, i would have immediately chosen a lesser size but once they were put up on the car, they looked great! And they filled up the well wells width-wise almost perfectly. And whats more they are head and shoulders above the JK's in terms of just everything. I forgot to mention in my earlier posts that the F1's offer a far better ride over stock tyres and are very good in the wet as well!

As regards to mileage, well i have consistently got 10kmpl with 100% A/C. My driving is a mix of city and highways. And the tyre upgrade has surprisingly not hurt the mileage figures in any way whatsoever. I was expecting 8-9kmpl figure after the upgrade but i was pleasantly surprised.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 19th October 2008 at 08:23.
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 08:29   #291
BHPian
 
prince85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 967
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Anyway, till I post the pics inthe morning; orlate afternoon actually since its quarter to 6 already....
A bit but i see that you have installed HID's in your fog's and headlamps. Please put up those snaps along with snaps of your ICE (since ive hardly seen any SX4 ICE'd pics here in Team-Bhp) and also pics of those mirrors u've got with blinkers. Could you put them up in your garage

Cheers
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 16:16   #292
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
A bit but i see that you have installed HID's in your fog's and headlamps. Please put up those snaps along with snaps of your ICE (since ive hardly seen any SX4 ICE'd pics here in Team-Bhp) and also pics of those mirrors u've got with blinkers. Could you put them up in your garage

Cheers
You know my ICE is pretty much in the stock housings.
My components are in the given spacing and the amp is in the boot. The 6x9's are on the rear parcel shelf, so there's not worth to see as such. If you still want the pictures let me know, will do so.
As for the HIDs, dont have them on the fogs - as yet .
The LEDs on the mirrors, I have not wired to the indicators but the parking lights since I liked the white one. In case you are interested in them, I have them in the Classifieds. For the pictures, posted them in another thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-148.html

As for the rims, this is what I meant when I said that they came out alot more than the stock rims.

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-img_0975edit.jpg
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 19:37   #293
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I have changed over to V-threaded tyres for my SX4. I opted for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's in 225-55-R16 size ...

...eer looks but they are also better than the stock JK's in almost everything (lol) which is a bonus. And i am very very happy with my choice.

Gopi, hope this post helps you!

Cheers
Thanks for the update, definitely it helps. I was worried about the mileage because of wider rubber, but you have not find any difference.
Is it possible to go for 225-60-R16, since I have put the skirtings reducing the tyre height is going to affect the GC, so I want to stick with -60- instead of -55-.
Please tell me the price per tyre and if possible post the snap of your car.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 21:18   #294
BHPian
 
prince85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 967
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
As for the HIDs, dont have them on the fogs - as yet .
The LEDs on the mirrors, I have not wired to the indicators but the parking lights since I liked the white one. In case you are interested in them, I have them in the Classifieds. For the pictures, posted them in another thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-148.html

As for the rims, this is what I meant when I said that they came out alot more than the stock rims.

Attachment 61543
Oops, My bad on the HID in the foglamp part. By the way, I am using P4 HID 6000k kit in the headlamps and have been waiting for an age to get P4's for my fogs as well for that matching and bling look but lately the P4 distributor in Mumbai hasn't been able to procure the H8 kits due to some reason. He has promised me an H8 kit by this month end, lets see

As regards your alloys and tyres........Oh yes they do protrude outside the wheel-well by a fair margin. But mine don't.........even though i have wider tyres than your's on stock ZXI Enkei Alloys. Maybe its because of the wider 7J rim size in your case, i don't know!

And dude, do post a pic of the ORVM with the LED thingy if possible.

Cheers
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 22:17   #295
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Oops, My bad on the HID in the foglamp part. By the way, I am using P4 HID 6000k kit in the headlamps and have been waiting for an age to get P4's for my fogs as well for that matching and bling look but lately the P4 distributor in Mumbai hasn't been able to procure the H8 kits due to some reason. He has promised me an H8 kit by this month end, lets see

As regards your alloys and tyres........Oh yes they do protrude outside the wheel-well by a fair margin. But mine don't.........even though i have wider tyres than your's on stock ZXI Enkei Alloys. Maybe its because of the wider 7J rim size in your case, i don't know!

And dude, do post a pic of the ORVM with the LED thingy if possible.

Cheers
Yeah, I guess. Damn, guess I wont be able to get the 225s then.
As for the LED ORVM lights, I have put them up, its the first pic on the thread I have posted the other pictures in.
Or unless you meant during the day?
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 13:52   #296
BHPian
 
prince85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 967
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Thanks for the update, definitely it helps.
Is it possible to go for 225-60-R16, since I have put the skirtings reducing the tyre height is going to affect the GC, so I want to stick with -60- instead of -55-.
I am glad my post helped you mate!

Well coming to your queries,

See, opting for 225-55-R16's is in no way going to reduce the tyre height/GC compared to the stock 205-60-R16. If anything, the 225-55's will be marginally taller than the stock 205-60's. And in this case the difference is circumference will be 4.72mm or 0.23% which is very marginal and there will be negligible speedo error.

Now if you opt for the 225-60-R16's, then these are going to be substantially taller than the stock tyres and it might look slightly ugly as well. And in this case the difference in circumference would be 74.4mm or 3.68% which is pretty substantial and there will be quite a big speedo error.

And if you opt for 215-55-R16's, then for sure in this case the tyre height/GC will decrease further compared to the stock tyres(and as you mentioned earlier...this is something you do not want). And since the 215-55's are shorter than the stock 205-60's therefore in this case there will be a negative difference in circumference of -29.84mm or -1.46%. and there will be some speedo error as well.

Hope this post helps you as well

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 20th October 2008 at 13:56.
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 14:53   #297
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
And dude, do post a pic of the ORVM with the LED thingy if possible.
Cheers
Done,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1022191
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 17:50   #298
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Please let me know the price per tyre so that I am not cheated at the tyre shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I am glad my post helped you mate!

Well coming to your queries,

See, opting for 225-55-R16's is in no way going to reduce the tyre height/GC compared to the stock 205-60-R16. ...

Cheers
One more question: how do I disable the car alarm at the same time I need to lock the car. The silent lock only locks the car without the beep, however it triggers the alarm when there are vibrations.
Couple of days ago my car triggered the alarm when there was heavy lightning and I had to get the keys and unlock it. It will be irritating if every time it triggers the alarm, so I want to make it silent when the car is parked inside.

Last edited by gopinathann : 20th October 2008 at 17:55. Reason: query
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 18:00   #299
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
One more question: how do I disable the car alarm at the same time I need to lock the car. The silent lock only locks the car without the beep, however it triggers the alarm when there are vibrations.
Couple of days ago my car triggered the alarm when there was heavy lightning and I had to get the keys and unlock it. It will be irritating if every time it triggers the alarm, so I want to make it silent when the car is parked inside.
I dont think theres any way of disabling the alarm as such, however there is a switch inside next to the fog light switch and the headlight leveller. But that just keeps flashing when you unlock the car and stops when you open the door.
Strange thing is, the same light in my friends SX4 keeps flashing and never goes off.
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 20:51   #300
BHPian
 
prince85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 967
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Please let me know the price per tyre so that I am not cheated at the tyre shop.



One more question: how do I disable the car alarm at the same time I need to lock the car. The silent lock only locks the car without the beep, however it triggers the alarm when there are vibrations.
Couple of days ago my car triggered the alarm when there was heavy lightning and I had to get the keys and unlock it. It will be irritating if every time it triggers the alarm, so I want to make it silent when the car is parked inside.
The Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's cost me 6-6.2k per tyre. I don't remember the exact amount though! The 600km old stock JK's in exchange fetched me 3k per tyre.

And coming to the security alarm, i am sorry but i did not understand exactly what you want to do!

1.Do you want to permanently put the security system in silent mode? In this mode every time you lock or unlock the car, only the hazard lights will flash like they normally do but you won't hear the beeps. But even in this mode whenever anyone tries to intrude into the car without the remote, the siren will come on as normal. Is this what you want?

or

2.You want to deactivate the shock sensors? Shock sensors trigers an alarm everytime anyone bumps into the car when its parked/locked or if the car is put through some sort of shock (for eg. if a cricket ball bangs into any portion of your car the siren goes on for sometime). Do you want to deactiavate this feature?

Let me know exactly what you want to do and ill try my best to help you out.

Cheers
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Azure Grey Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi (1.6 VVT) comes home!! Saanil Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 2nd February 2014 13:09
Swift to SX4 - Booking a Black SX4 Zxi - Some queries on Pg3 joy_swift Sedans 68 28th August 2009 16:08
Suzuki SX4 1.6 ZXI Test Drive Report kunal1983 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 428 14th January 2008 01:31
Maruti SX4 Zxi - 2200 Kms report sathya_nars Long-Term Ownership Reviews 411 10th October 2007 12:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:42.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks