Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th October 2007, 15:48   #1
BHPian

Default Took the delivery of Esteem VXI

Hi,
First of all let me thank all of you guys who helped me gain enough confidence to write down the cheque of 5.24L and walk out of the "Mandovi Motors, Bangalore" showroom with a sparkling clean Pearl silver Esteem VXI

I finally took the delivery of my vehicle y'day evening.
Going thru the advices of many members in the forum, I had, earlier in the day checked the vehicle in Mandovi's shivaji nagar stockyard. Noted the engine number, the odo reading(was 2kms!). and checked for any scratches(there were none).
Surprisingly, they agreed to send the car for registration immideatly and not wait for the cheques to clear.The cheques got cleared today(one day after the delivery).

The hell started when I started driving back from the showroom to my home(near airport). Thanks to BJP and JD(U), the roads were overflowing with traffic and I was shaking like a dead leaf. Dont know where did all my driving training went!
But the achievement was I reached home without a scratch!
And very surprisingly I didnt find many ppl honking at me, whenever I was holding up the traffic at signals...i guess they were able to see me shivering.
Overall it was a good purchase experience.

Now coming to wew doubts/questions that I have...

Q1. When asked about the registration book, the sales person told me that it will take 20-30 days! Is it so? For my bike I got the registration book in 1 week time.

Q2. When asked for the warrenty related document and the extended warrenty related document, I was told that these will be couriered to be directly by Maruti. Does it happen that way?

Q3. As the part of the package the dealer installed Autocop remote locking system. He had 3 models, basic/Intermediate&high end. costing 4k/6k/7k. I was offered 6k one. Could any one tell me actually what model of autocop is it. It is supposed to be the one with impact sensors.
My remote says "Autocop DX". I got only 1 remote. I have a feeling that dealer has put in the basic model, but need to get confirmation on this before I blast him.

Q4. When I asked for the gear lock, the person in the acc shop told me that he would not recommend it for Esteem as it interferes with the reverse gear and also, remote locking is good enough.
After attaining all my knowledge from this forum, I understand that remote lock is no big deal to break...so why were they not recommending me to buy the gear lock...afterall I was buying it over the above package.

Q5. Sales person said that the car comes pre-fitted with reverse horn. Is there a way I can disable it? or is it part of remote locking.

Would appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Last edited by amohit : 30th October 2007 at 15:50.
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 15:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
But now I have a few doubts/questions.

Q1. When asked abt the registration book, the sales person told me that it will take 20-30 days! Is it so? For my bike I got the registration book in 1 week time.

Q2. when asked for the warrenty related document and the extended warrenty related document, I was told that these will be couriered to be directly by Maruti. Does it happen that way?
Mohit, congrats on finally getting the car.
As for what you had asked :
A1) The RC book will be sent to you within the time frame specified. Mine took almost the same time.
A2) In my case, these came via courier to my address.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 15:57   #3
BHPian

Congratulations!

Quote:
Q5. Sales person said that the car comes pre-fitted with reverse horn. Is there a way I can disable it? or is it part of remote locking.
The stock car doesn't come with any reverse horn. It is a part of autocop security system. It can be disabled temporarily(by using silent unlock) and permanently(by programming).

The autocop manual should explain the programming procedure, if you are not sure of the process please contact autocop guys and they will help you out.
dmitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 16:39   #4
BHPian

Thumbs up

Congrats amohit on your purchase. I bought mine in the same color but Lxi in April 07. It has had less than 5k kms on it, and believe me it is an excellent car. The only thing this car lacks is torque, which makes it rather uncomfortable to drive with 5 people and AC on. Coming to your questions:

Now coming to wew doubts/questions that I have...

Q2. Indeed. It gets couriered to you in a couple of days.

Q3. It is the Dx model. I have the same, but what impact sensors are you talking about? Only feature I have is car stereo protected. You should ask the dealer for the other remote also. They are supposed to give you 2 remotes.

Q4. The gear lock engages when the car is in the reverse gear. So, what does the dealer mean it interferes with reverse gear? What difference does it make if the gear lock is engaged in first or reverse gear.

I have no clue why they didnt persuade you to buy the gear lock, but in Delhi, I would not park my car without it. Dont know about Bangalore.

Q5. No stock reverse horn is fitted. It is a feature of Autocop DX. There are 2 ways to disable it : first to press the * key when it starts blowing, and the other is permanently disbaling it through the person who installed Autocop.

Enjoy your Esteem, and do keep updating us with your long term ownership.
cutdcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 17:26   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutdcrap View Post
Q3. It is the Dx model. I have the same, but what impact sensors are you talking about?

The guy at the acc shop told me that the diff between the basic and the mid range model of autocop is that midrange one has impact sensors. I actually reached the showroom quite late and that guy had left..so couldnt collect the autocop manual also. will be going there 2morrow to collect the autocop related stuffs. Probabally 2nd remote will also be there.

Q4. The gear lock engages when the car is in the reverse gear. So, what does the dealer mean it interferes with reverse gear? What difference does it make if the gear lock is engaged in first or reverse gear.

>>What he meant to say was that after fixing the gear lock, its difficult to engage the reverse gear(espcially in esteem).

Q5. No stock reverse horn is fitted. It is a feature of Autocop DX. There are 2 ways to disable it : first to press the * key when it starts blowing,

There is no * key :(
See the foto below

also one more thing....
Is it ok to take the car for long drive during the run-in period(provided I keep the rpms under 2000)?
Old 30th October 2007, 18:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Got Just One Remote ????

Don't mean to alarm you but make sure that you get the second / spare remote ASAP from the dealer. All remote locking systems that I have seen in the past umpteen years come with 2 remotes (1+1 spare).

This is also the easiest way of stealing a car... keeping back one remote & they anyways know where you live....so it is simple. If the sales or service guys play ignorant see the showroom manager & insist on the spare . If they claim they gave it to you..GET YOUR REMOTE LOCKING SYSTEM CHANGED

Kindly ensure that you get your spare remote first thing..
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 19:20   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

congrats man.

and yes, autocop comes with two remotes - seen it with a cousin (got his swift a week back) - theirs was a 2900 bucks model so you should definitely get TWO!

Please, DONT leave your car without gear lock - read thread of khaadu75.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 20:02   #8
BHPian

First thing in the morning I'll go to the showroom and get the 2nd remote...along with the number plates.

First thing this weekend, will go to JC road and get the gear lock(Autocop) done.

And another first....got my bumper scratched
Dont know how, but somehow while driving on the busy, bumpy, narrow, waterlogged GM palaya main road....but luckily its on the same plane on which i plan to get the bumper stickers pasted.
Old 30th October 2007, 20:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
First thing in the morning I'll go to the showroom and get the 2nd remote...along with the number plates.

First thing this weekend, will go to JC road and get the gear lock(Autocop) done.

And another first....got my bumper scratched
Dont know how, but somehow while driving on the busy, bumpy, narrow, waterlogged GM palaya main road....but luckily its on the same plane on which i plan to get the bumper stickers pasted.
Mohit bhai! Congratulations! Drive safely and well.

Take it out on long drives man. No issues. Just watch the tachometer and that is it.
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 20:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the esteem gang amohit. Congrats on the new car and an excellent choice. Let me answer your queries below.

Quote:

Q1. When asked about the registration book, the sales person told me that it will take 20-30 days! Is it so? For my bike I got the registration book in 1 week time.
This is correct. I got my RC book within a month.

Quote:

Q2. When asked for the warrenty related document and the extended warrenty related document, I was told that these will be couriered to be directly by Maruti. Does it happen that way?
Yes. It will reach you via courier.

Quote:

Q3. As the part of the package the dealer installed Autocop remote locking system. He had 3 models, basic/Intermediate&high end. costing 4k/6k/7k. I was offered 6k one. Could any one tell me actually what model of autocop is it. It is supposed to be the one with impact sensors.
My remote says "Autocop DX". I got only 1 remote. I have a feeling that dealer has put in the basic model, but need to get confirmation on this before I blast him.
How do u know its the basic model? If its got the body sensor it is the intermediate one costing about 6k.

The high end one has sensors near the window, which when locked with windows open, triggers the alarm if someone puts their hand into the car thru the open window. You should have got 2 remote units. Check with the dealer on the spare unit.

Quote:

The reverse horn is a feature on the autocop system, which can be activated/disabled as required. I suggest you keep it disabled as it is very noisy and irritatingly loud. Get a FFE instead (after warranty expires) which is a better reverse horn.

Enjoy the car and drive safe dude. Do let me know if u need any help from Mandovi.

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th October 2007 at 20:26.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 20:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your great buy. Since your questions have already been answered I dont want to go over them again. You have made a wise decision and am sure you will enjoy and cherish the experience of your new Esteem. Wishing you all the best !
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 13:00   #12
BHPian

I went to Mandovi today...all charged up to blast them for not giving me the 2nd remote for autocop....but the moment the sales person spoted me, he came running to me with a packet containing the autocop user manual and the 2nd remote :(

Shall be taking out the car 2morrow, first to fill up its belly ,and then to please the hevenly forces....and then for a long drive