Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th November 2007, 21:13   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isacM View Post
Just curious why not consider Ikon , Any specific reason? IMHO it will beat any of these entry level cars and still a good VFM car [A.S.S is improving in blore not sure in TVM]
Hmmm. Thats one thing that never went through my mind. ikon will come within 5L OTR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sujay (CD), a nice write up there.
I had taken a test drive of the i10 Magna and the interiors seemed to be my sole point of interest. The gear shifts i felt were not really that good, as the shift from 4th to 5th was a bother. Another glaring omission was the absence of a dead pedal, which was a trait of all other Hyundai cars.
When i asked the sales guy at Advaith Hyundai (ORR, Bangalore) about the same, he said not many customers were in favour of having one, as per a poll conducted. Beats me!!
As IsacM said, your friend could have a look at the Ikon Flair, but i dont know how Kairali Ford treats its customers.
Ikon comes with 5L OTR? If so, it was my mistake to have left it. Didnt think that way actually!

Dont think there is too much space on the left after the clutch in the i10. The dash mounted gearbox makes sure your leg cant move too much to the left. Interiors, as i have mentioned are a fresh change from the grey plastics we are used to (in the segment)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 07:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins
The poll conducted in Getz community in orkut says 11 for most of the users. Seems to be same as 1.3 engine.
Are you sure that the FE is same for both Getz 1.1 & 1.3 ? That means the 1.1 engine is not efficient enough if the FE is same as that of 1.3(I'm talking solely of the engine).
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 07:24   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Are you sure that the FE is same for both Getz 1.1 & 1.3 ? That means the 1.1 engine is not efficient enough if the FE is same as that of 1.3(I'm talking solely of the engine).
1.3 is more powerful while 1.1 is more fuel efficient ,spec wise, but Getz is heavier than Santro and hence.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 08:18   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
You should also TD the Fiat 1.6. It is definitely a good bargain with the reduced price.
As for me, i have TD'ed the 1.6. But my friend hasn't. That will sure be included in the next day.

CAT is coming up this weekend. So, TD will happen only next weekend. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by roopakr View Post
Why dont you take some time with person and TD the PALIO 1.6
As i mentioned before, its not the cars that created trouble for FIAT here. Its the infamous TVS service (Although its TATA now).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th November 2007 at 08:20.
Old 15th November 2007, 20:58   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
Nice write up there.
Even I feel that you should give the Palio 1.6 a try. You will love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
How is the Fiat stile???
Is it in Crazy drivers budget??
Palio Stile 1.6 is in the budget. But my friend called just now. Seems the decision is the Hyundai i10 Magna.
Old 19th November 2007, 12:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys had gone for the TD of i10 and getz in A1 motors andheri.
The staff in this place S@#$ big time. They have no idea about the tech specs and also the lady didnt know where the bonnet release was and so much so that she was checking out in the front passenger side of the car.
The i10 looks good and the engine is peppy. Rear space is ok but it is good for its class. Initial accelaration is good and the suspension took what i had to give the car.
But the sad part was i didnt get a TD of a Getz!!!
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 15:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Ok - Back after a long time.

@CrazyDriver - Good that you finally agreed with me when I said Santro is better to drive than i10 and Getz 1.1 is far better.

The Getz is ahighly under rated car in India and is one of the most Fun Cars available today in the market. But it is selling like anything nowadays.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 22:49   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
1.3 is more powerful while 1.1 is more fuel efficient ,spec wise, but Getz is heavier than Santro and hence.
Also, i think the 1.1 in the Getz is tuned differently compared to the Santro.
Old 4th December 2007, 22:53   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
They have no idea about the tech specs and also the lady didnt know where the bonnet release was and so much so that she was checking out in the front passenger side of the car.
Thats common! Ladies and cars do not usually go well together. Have had similar experiences where they couldnt answer any questions about cars they were trying to sell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
@CrazyDriver - Good that you finally agreed with me when I said Santro is better to drive than i10 and Getz 1.1 is far better.
Paper specs can be proved wrong. Thats what happened!
Old 5th December 2007, 00:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ladies and cars do not usually go well together.
Ladies and cars go well together if they are not talking about the engines but rather sitting on the hood in half pants
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 00:37   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Fantastic report there crazy bhiaya. When i read the thread title i was quite sure it wasnot you replacing the WagonR, i am quite sure you will replace it with the Swift D
Busa, he shortlisted Getz 1.1, where did Swift D come from?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 07:26   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Ladies and cars go well together if they are not talking about the engines but rather sitting on the hood in half pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Busa, he shortlisted Getz 1.1, where did Swift D come from?
Because-
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And no... Am not yet changing my WagonR. This search is for a close friend of mine.
I am not yet changing my WagonR, for another petrol hatch. WagonR is doing fine, so dont want to change it for another small car. Got the WagonR because of mom's persuasion, but it gradually grew on me. Dont want to change the car just for a better 'looking' car!

However, BUSA'ji and his Pete'd swift stories are just too mouth-watering!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th December 2007 at 07:28.