Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th November 2007, 17:03   #1
BHPian

Smile My hands on experience with my New Silky WagonR Lxi.

Hi all,
Firstly, here is my baby. Finally my baby joined my hands. As i'm still novice to driving(directly coming from driving school) i'm now learning to drive on my baby. Just driven around 60 kms until now.

Positives Found:
1. Smooth engine with low engine noise.
2. Very huge space inside.
3. Comfortable seating with good road visibility.
4. Good height for ingress and egress for my old parents.
5. I liked the exterior looks.

Negatives found:
1. Very poor plastics in the dashboard and on the interior of the doors.
2. I tapped the roof and found the metal sheet to be very thin, thought if someone falls from the top may be he gets inside the car.

Finally ,my purchase experience is here (Is this deal OK ? - Buying a WagonR in Bangalore).

I've not calculated mileage yet. Will keep updating any short coming and positives i find.

Regards,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 13th November 2007 at 17:08.
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 17:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yeah...WagonR Lxi is a good model. I previously owned the same. The FE you can expect is about 12 kmpl with ac in city and 14 kmpl w/o ac in city and you can add +2 to 3 kms when on h/w.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 20:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ramki, I am getting FE of 13. 25% a/c, and still learning - which means lesser FE.

You mention in the other thread that the dealer offered to put in cig lighter. Can I have a snap - to see where it is connected? I sorely miss it - to charge my cell.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 20:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Oh so you finally got the car. Good, congrats!
I still remember (was it like 6-7 months ago?) when you inquired on Orkut wagonR community, and then i gave you the link to Team-BHP.
Wishing you many happy miles ahead!

cheers
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 22:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Oh so you finally got the car. Good, congrats!
I still remember (was it like 6-7 months ago?) when you inquired on Orkut wagonR community, and then i gave you the link to Team-BHP.
Wishing you many happy miles ahead!

cheers
yes DECite, its me... it was around 7-8 months ago... was trying out different options and my requirements. Finally decided for this! Thanks for introducing me to Team-BHP, its been my teacher about Automobiles all this time and i was just a kid, not that i'm a grown man now at Automobiles but i can say a young bachelor .

Ramki.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Ramki, I am getting FE of 13. 25% a/c, and still learning - which means lesser FE.

You mention in the other thread that the dealer offered to put in cig lighter. Can I have a snap - to see where it is connected? I sorely miss it - to charge my cell.
Sorry, forgot your reply.

I still haven't fitted the cigar lighter and mobile charging unit yet. Before that i need to figure out whether the Gear Lock which he initially had agreed to give me as a freebie which he then denied giving me saying its suitable only for Alto is true or not then if its true I shall fit the cigar lighter and mobile charging this weekend and then i shall post the pic.

Ramki.
Old 15th November 2007, 13:06   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Yeah...WagonR Lxi is a good model. I previously owned the same. The FE you can expect is about 12 kmpl with ac in city and 14 kmpl w/o ac in city and you can add +2 to 3 kms when on h/w.
That's low. I get that with my Palio. With a lighter car you should definitely get higher.
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 14:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
That's low. I get that with my Palio. With a lighter car you should definitely get higher.
This is what happens (low mileage) if your drive bumper to bumper traffic right from home-office-home about 22 kms daily. But it also depends on your driving. I used to drive rashly change apply sudden brakes, move to upper gears whenever I feel the pick up was low etc.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 16:22   #9

I took WagonR last week and I am getting a mileage of 17+ on highway.. Hope the good tide continues
kibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 17:42   #10
BHPian

Default Mobile Charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Hi, Here's the mobile charger which i bought from outside as the dealer had the charger only for NOkia phones. It costed me Rs.160/-

Last edited by ramki067 : 18th November 2007 at 17:45.
Old 24th November 2007, 17:27   #11
BHPian

Default Care care products.

And these are the car care products(other than cigar lighter) i got intead of gearlock from the dealership for free.

Ramki.