Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2007, 00:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, thanks all for the kind words. The car is Black Sapphire.

@ Amatmo: Nothing specific, I've just been researching various things, half-heartedly, to be honest. Can't imagine myself messing with the car until many months pass...if at all!

@ Speedy: Yeah, I saw your 635CSI. She's a beauty! That car was my favourite BMW when I was younger...well, the M635CSI!

@GTO: The CSL, with one arm and leg tied behind it's back, yes! Lol!

@ Niv: Those prices look about right to me

@ Tidzter: Window film is an optional accessory. This is BMW buddy, one thing they do well is charge a lot for "options"!

As for pics, I'm going to Amby Valley on Friday to attend the BMW event there, so pics will only come some time early next week!
Old 15th November 2007, 01:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

what wheels did you opt for : Star spoke or Style 155 ?
Old 15th November 2007, 15:28   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Buddy !

I must say you are one step crazier than me, i was almost as excited and wanted to take delivery before PDI itself but then was informed that no electronics etc would work so i slept over it for a night and took delivery early next morning.

And whats this BMW event in Amby Valley and i got no invite ! Gotta call Abhimanyu at Inifiti and fire him

Btw, I saw your thread abt the window film... the guy is coming to put it tomo morning for me ... i choose Vcool, fitting from the authorized dealer itself... went in for the 92%grey shade and clear 94% on winderscreen...although there was not much of a price diff to the 99% heat cut, i rejected that because the tint color had a bottle greenish tinge to it...grey matches silver better which is only availble in the 92% heatcut.
Old 15th November 2007, 16:24   #19
BHPian

Congrats on one sweet ride.

What options were available to you and which ones did you go for (or not go for)?
Old 15th November 2007, 16:52   #20
BHPian

congrats buddy! you got a taste indeed!
waiting for the whole event pics...
enjoyyy
Wadhwa Ajay
Old 15th November 2007, 17:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

did you take delivery of the car?
Old 15th November 2007, 17:04   #22
BHPian

COngraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz
For me still itz a dream..i really dont will it come true ever. I love the 3 letters BMW ... the real 'josh machines' be it 3,5,7 X3 or X5..... !!!!

BTW have u guys ever got a chance to watch the cars stunts by Dubai police during DSF (Dubai shopping festival).They use (2003/04)only beemers ... if i remeber correctly all of them were old type 3 series ....!!

Note from the Support Staff: Don't type in SMS. Avoid using soo many dots. Please type in a clear, readable manner.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th November 2007 at 01:23. Reason: note
BMW-X5 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th November 2007, 17:29   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your new BUY ...
3 series is an CAR enthusiasts dream ...
Old 15th November 2007, 18:06   #24
BHPian

Congrats buddy..Do post some pics of your ride
Old 15th November 2007, 19:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi again, guys! Just brought my baby home, and, as you can imagine, I'm super thrilled!

Earliest impression: The black is a mark magnet! Car was glistening and shining at the dealership after a good wash and polish, but every little finger print showed-up on the surface! :shockked:

They'd driven her 5 Kms since I dropped the car off at the showroom, so the "official" hand-over was at 38 Kms!

Drive home was nice n easy. Sound system is awesome, really good for OEM. I-drive is definitely a fidgety thing and is going to take some getting-used to. The seats felt better today than they have before, maybe that's because I went to get the car in the Getz and not the Mondy! Air con worked absolutely superbly, dual-zone should keep the wife from freezing! Front park-tronic was on full alert when activated because of the garland on the front grille and bumper. Noticed that the button on the gear shift made a little "click" sound a couple of times when shifting from drive to reverse, need to figure-out what that's all about. Also the CD that was playing skipped three times on the way home. That never happened on the test cars, but I don't think I ever really had the sound system on while testing!

So that's the early thoughts, gonna take her out for dinner soon, so will get an idea of the night driving scene!

@ Dipen: Rims are stock 325i style 158

@ Sahil: Dude I think I'm gonna need to come see your car to decide on whether to go for window film or not. Amby Valley event is a BMW thing. They are taking a bunch of cars there (including 2008 M3, X5 and some 6 series) and will be demo-ing the cars, I'm told. It's an overnight thing, should be fun, will post about that after a couple of days!

@ Raja: There's a whole host of options. I only got the chrome tail-pipe covers for now. May get the tire sealing kit, if it's run-flat compatible. I'm getting a couple of things from the U.S.A. including the rear seat cover so that my dogs don't turn my beige interiors to black! The options here are priced at 2x the USA price, which is to be expected I guess, since the car is also 2x the price!

OK, so pics will take a few days to get....that's the very earliest first thoughts for you lot to chomp on! More later!

@ BMW-X5: Dude...don't forget the 1 and the 6! Honestly, I'd would have LOVED to buy a 135i, perfect car for Bombay!

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th November 2007 at 20:09. Reason: 3 smileys in original post (before merge)
Old 16th November 2007, 00:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Right, so logged some more Kms and discovered a problem with the car. My xenons are wobbling and fluttering-about for some reason. I know the lights auto adjust to compensate for variances in load, speed, incline etc, but the lights are not supposed to be shimmering while standing still in "park". The problem comes and goes intermittently. I'm assured it will be something minor, but nevertheless, the car's going back to the workshop tomorrow.

Other impressions: Mileage will be pretty ordinary in the hellishly bad Bombay traffic. This is to be expected, all thing considered. The ride is firm. Probably too firm for anyone over their mid-thirties or anyone who does not specifically enjoy a performance-biased car. This car makes no pretenses at luxury, it is very much on the sporty side of the spectrum (auto-box notwithstanding!). Even slightly spirited driving would not be appreciated by rear-seat passengers IMO. Having said that, I like the firm ride. It inspires supreme confidence in the car's handling, braking, cornering. This 3 makes my Mondy (that I used to think was firm) feel soft and compliant! The brand-new exhaust on my car actually has a slightly bassy sound to it! I hope it actually stays this way and doesn't go all quiet on me as the car logs-up some Kms. Interiors are great, seats feel better to me each time I drive the car (short distances only, so far) and the new car smell...is to DIE for! All-in-all, a great first day, apart from the lights skipping about.

More as it happens...

Last edited by kbk_75 : 16th November 2007 at 00:09.
Old 16th November 2007, 00:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Oh...forgot to mention...filled her up with Speed 97 for the first time! I will say this, the guys at the BP pump at Worli, just before the VW / Honda showroom are among the nicest, most polite petrol pump attendants I've come across!
Old 16th November 2007, 00:56   #28
BHPian

congrats kbk for the superb car.. if looks could kill [a black bmw]

hope that small light niggle goes away soon, do share in your experience regularly man. BTW loved your passion for your car

cheers
gaurav
Old 16th November 2007, 07:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Oh...forgot to mention...filled her up with Speed 97 for the first time! I will say this, the guys at the BP pump at Worli, just before the VW / Honda showroom are among the nicest, most polite petrol pump attendants I've come across!
Because your rolling in a Beemer
Looking forward to some detail pictures and write up
Old 16th November 2007, 07:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats kbk....!!
Fantastic choice. Hope the xenon issue would be solved soon..
Enjoy and drive safe.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks