Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th December 2007, 15:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I did get it, but not for the tyres although tyre numbers were recorded in the warranty manual and stamped by the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
1. I did not get the Basttery Warranty Card ! Dis any one out there get it ?

Its not the turbo, its from the engine, like the knocking in petrol cars, but I am not sure. I have heard it even before the turbo comes on, just drive with your windows open and you will know.

Quote:
2. The Turbo may a grinding noise if I jam down the accelerator in the 2nd gear (to overtake). This grinding noise is akin to aluminium fan blades rubbing on the casing (some thing similar to what you all may have experiences in window A/C units not fitted propertly.)
Apart from what kapil mentioned, its being discussed here

Quote:
3. Reversing is a problem. Does anyone know about availability of reversing miirror (similar to that on a Endeavor) for the safari.
Perhaps change them when they get hazzy.

Quote:
4. The headlamps have a Polycarbonate lens (unlike the Glass lenses on the cars of earlier). These lens tend to scratched and also the lens (when hot tend to accumulate a fine layer of dust which becomes very difficult to remove. Any solution on this ??
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 16:54   #32
BHPian

Dadu you are right. The sound is audible even in idling. I have opened the engine hood and I am convinced that it comes from the VTT.
This VTT is something like a turbine. It force feeds the (preheated) air to the intake. It has blades -like a turbine / Fan which may be rubbing on the casing. Both these should be in Aluminium / metal.

The noise has reduced since day 1 but is still there. I am taking it to the dealer to show him the same (and may help in change during Warranty !!).
It is hardly 1.5 days and ~ 150 kms on the clock. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that the noise should reduce by the time of 1st service.

Anyway thanks for the input.
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote