Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 17:20   #76
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Overall experience:
Decided not to buy it - till they can offer and automatic transmission as clutch pedal is still hard.

THis is the repy i got when i inquired about the automatic transmission if any being offered !!
It s high time there aint not a single indian muv/suv offering automatic !!!
Can anyone put light to it ??
A m-hawk with automatic transmission should surely sell becoz this engine is targeted to the auto enthusiast for regluar chauffer commuting anyone will prefer to save a copule of lacs and go for the 2.6 crde unit !!![/quote]

2.6 CRDe are to be stopped soon and replaced by 2.2 even for base versions. Thread exists regarding this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Had a test drive of the mhawk, power feels good, responsive engine, 4th gear in 1200 rpm, and still no knock, but had to down shift at 1000rpm. brakes are ok. interiors were a big let down.
How was the ride/handling.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 18:49   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
smsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,003
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

The m-Hawk is a learning experience for Mahindra who want to take the scorp to the US/European markets... hence the cruise control, ABS and other mods on the m-hawk...
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 19:16   #78
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hey what about the engine performance as compared with its predecessor?
harryberry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 16:53   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Any Idea if Mahindra is going to come out with 2.2 engine on the base models, TD on both 2.6 & 2.3 has proved 2.2. to be much better as far as pickup & performance are concerned, but the current 2.2 is going over my budget.

If M & M are planning for a cheaper 2.2. versions without the frills I am willing to wait for some time.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 13:52   #80
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 9,009 Times
Default

The ABS system in Scorpio VLX is 3 channel system without EBD,whereas Safari comes with 4channel ABS with EBD.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 10:35   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

are u sure that the safari comes with EBD???
i have never read anywhere that EBD is offered in safari.
also, for me the price hike of the mHAWK seems ok as i test drove it and found the engine to be much more superior than the safari 2.2 in terms of refinement and driveability. also, i have heard its fuel efficient.
also, nobody we should not complain that mahindra dint offer climate control because none of its competitors do. even the costlier innova does not have it. yes, i really wish they provided airbags and electric RVMs, but think of it guys, humans are selfish. we will keep demanding more and more and if mahindra prices the scorpio at 20 lakhs with all the mentioned features, who is gonna buy it? they have to keep the costs down, right?
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 19:58   #82
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 242 Times
Default hey guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
also, nobody we should not complain that mahindra dint offer climate control because none of its competitors do. even the costlier innova does not have it. yes, i really wish they provided airbags and electric RVMs, but think of it guys, humans are selfish. we will keep demanding more and more and if mahindra prices the scorpio at 20 lakhs with all the mentioned features, who is gonna buy it? they have to keep the costs down, right?
raj,

with all due respect, i beg to differ.

to keep costs under control, airbags and electric rvms are necessities as opposed to rain sensing wipers and cruise control which is pure gimmicry.

yes a price hike for new technology in the engine is justifiable, but what we have here is a company trying to justify an unjustifiable rise in price, by offering flashy bits of kit which are not essential, but will appeal to some people with more spare cash, than what they know what to do with.

if the consumer were to sit up and lambast car makers, enough to have atleast airbags and abs standardised - i can guarantee that in the long run, costs would remain the same. we just lack the will to do so and in the process fall prey to gimmics such as these. it's all about the bottom line and these guys have substantial bottoms!!!

the tatas and the mahindras are both to blame equally in this regard.

i do not intend disrespect or offence. just voicing an opinion.

p.s. the costlier innova is miles superior in build quality to both the tata safari and the mahindra scorpio... and at 20 lakhs even a monkey wouldn't buy the scorpio!!!
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 21:21   #83
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
are u sure that the safari comes with EBD???
i have never read anywhere that EBD is offered in safari.
also, for me the price hike of the mHAWK seems ok as i test drove it and found the engine to be much more superior than the safari 2.2 in terms of refinement and driveability. also, i have heard its fuel efficient.
also, nobody we should not complain that mahindra dint offer climate control because none of its competitors do. even the costlier innova does not have it. yes, i really wish they provided airbags and electric RVMs, but think of it guys, humans are selfish. we will keep demanding more and more and if mahindra prices the scorpio at 20 lakhs with all the mentioned features, who is gonna buy it? they have to keep the costs down, right?
TATA Motors - Safari DICOR It has it seems
Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
raj,

with all due respect, i beg to differ.

to keep costs under control, airbags and electric rvms are necessities as opposed to rain sensing wipers and cruise control which is pure gimmicry.

yes a price hike for new technology in the engine is justifiable, but what we have here is a company trying to justify an unjustifiable rise in price, by offering flashy bits of kit which are not essential, but will appeal to some people with more spare cash, than what they know what to do with.


p.s. the costlier innova is miles superior in build quality to both the tata safari and the mahindra scorpio... and at 20 lakhs even a monkey wouldn't buy the scorpio!!!
well said.

OT, whats with 20 and you
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 22:24   #84
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,745
Thanked: 4,334 Times
Default

Quote:
bIte tHe bulLet : the tatas and the mahindras are both to blame equally in this regard.
And what did the rest of the motley crowd of car manufacturers do to help this situation ? Zilch.

Maurti - India's biggest car manufacturer. Hyundai - dont they have big enough numbers ? Even if one of these had taken the lead, and offered air-bags & ABS as standard equipment, others would have followed suit and Indian car industry would have witnessed a landmark change.

GM, Toyota, Honda - why couldn't they do it ? Dont they pride themselves about quality products ?

It was finally Tata who has said that they will make some of these 'luxuries', standard equipment on their models. At least there's a start.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 14:16   #85
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 543 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And what did the rest of the motley crowd of car manufacturers do to help this situation ? Zilch.

Maurti - India's biggest car manufacturer. Hyundai - dont they have big enough numbers ? Even if one of these had taken the lead, and offered air-bags & ABS as standard equipment, others would have followed suit and Indian car industry would have witnessed a landmark change.

GM, Toyota, Honda - why couldn't they do it ? Dont they pride themselves about quality products ?

It was finally Tata who has said that they will make some of these 'luxuries', standard equipment on their models. At least there's a start.
Well said

it is TATA who has introduced many safety futures in hatches in INDIA which are not present even in high end cars.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 16:56   #86
BHPian
 
Ranga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 319
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

I just booked my Scorpio M Hawk 2.2 VLX in Sirish Motors today . Delivery scheduled for next week . Will post a detailed review of what i feel about Scorpio , M Hawk & my test drive experience
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mahindra Scorpio mHawk 2.2 StarScream The Indian Car Scene 94 12th October 2011 13:22
Scorpio 2.2 Mhawk in exchange for Scorpio 2.6? coolboy007 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 28th September 2011 12:27
Old Scorpio Mhawk>>> New Scorpio Mhawk rishin.kalra SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 9 21st July 2009 15:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:11.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks