Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st December 2007, 12:24   #46

Hello All guys,

Another new Palio 1.6 sport owner in this forum. I bought the car about a week back from Prerana motors and the color is magnesium grey. It has run about 270 km and I am very happy with the purchase. The car is so spacious and it runs very smooth with lot of power. I get about 10-11 kmpl with shell petrol.
I asked my friend (who is very knowledgable about cars and own a Fiat 1.2), about maintaining the 2000 RPM limit. He said its not necessary because the car engine has to get used to all RPMs. Its difficult to maintain the 2000 RPM with this car, but I have not crossed 3000 RPM ever.

Just wanted to share my experience that I am very happy with my buy so far.

Srini
ragsri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 12:50   #47
BHPian

vinay great car and the right choice, now i cant wait till 15th coz dad has already booked the 1.6 black and no one except my dad and me know about this, we plan to surprise my mom and sister
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 13:12   #48
BHPian

@chetan

Thanks, nice choice by you too, I suggest you get the Topgear magazine, it will make your day, it made mine, they have a hothatch shootout between the Palio, Swift and getz crdi, guess which car comes out tops!!!!!

@ragsri
Nice choice of colour, I have not exceeded 3000rpm either, but its really hard to do so, something like trying to maintain a diet at a buffet.
Vinaygv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 18:12   #49
BHPian

@ragsri,@chetan: Congrats guys. Good choice. Feels good to see more people buying the Palio.

@ragsri-I would not stress too much about the RPMs,an occasional burst is not going to do any harm. Do read TeamBHP's run-in discussion though.

@Vinaygv- Sorry to hijack your thread. I was at Manipal Motors Airport body shop today morning, but could not spot you Red 1.6. Have you got it back? For me, the wait starts today...

Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 04:47   #50
BHPian

I absolutely love the RED!!!
May i dare ask the milieage
carCrazy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 01:11   #51
BHPian

@ all the palio owners i need some pictures of the colours green blue and Grey.....having second thoughts about black

Last edited by chetan : 2nd January 2008 at 01:12.
Old 2nd January 2008, 08:29   #52
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
@ all the palio owners i need some pictures of the colours green blue and Grey.....having second thoughts about black
Chetan, when it comes to 1.6 sport, you don't have a wider choice.

The only options are FORMULA RED, BLACK & MAGNESIUM GREY

IMHO you should go with the Formula Redddd (since you've mentioned your dislike about Black)

Cheers
eclectix 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 09:11   #53
BHPian

Is this Diesel or Petrol ?

I have been to the Fiat's India website they only listed two Petrol variants. For some reason I thought they also had the Diesel engine as well.

Please can somebody let me know if they have a diesel or not.
skmami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 09:16   #54
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
Is this Diesel or Petrol ?

I have been to the Fiat's India website they only listed two Petrol variants. For some reason I thought they also had the Diesel engine as well.

Please can somebody let me know if they have a diesel or not.
FIAT is all petrol now.

At present FIAT doesn't make Diesel variants. I think they stopped in late 2006 / early 2007 AFAIK.

Cheers
Old 2nd January 2008, 09:35   #55
BHPian

Palio Stile with diesel 1.3 multijet will be launched in March 2008.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:41   #56
BHPian

guys my cousin had a 1.2 which had run 90K+ kms and still running very well he recently sold it, before selling it he left for one last service. The front bumper was damaged pretty badly and so he wanted a new one put on, but the servicing head said that sir we don't have stock and it will take some
time and this was after tata-fiat tie up.......what i am worried about is the lack of spares not only bumpers but the rest of them....and since the punto and liena are coming soon i am fearing that fiat will phase out the palio so guys should this be a concern of any sorts ?
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:54   #57
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
The front bumper was damaged pretty badly and so he wanted a new one put on, but the servicing head said that sir we don't have stock and it will take some
time and this was after tata-fiat tie up.......what i am worried about is the lack of spares not only bumpers but the rest of them....and since the punto and liena are coming soon i am fearing that fiat will phase out the palio so guys should this be a concern of any sorts ?
That is because that model was introduced before the tata-fiat tie up.

AFAIK there are no issues of spares for the Palio Stile. At least this is what I found out during my research before buying my 1.6 Sport.

Even the service engineer verified this during my last service, when I asked him why 2 palios were parked there for more than a month with lots of dust accumulated.
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:19   #58
BHPian

@PatchyBoy
My car was standing near the wall, tried spotting your car as well did not see any other stile, just a red one that was leaving as I was entering, if memory serves your car is not red.

@chetan
I second what eclectix 1st said, my cars bumper and headlight were totally wrecked, the car was ready for delivery today, work started on 29th, what with Sunday and New year in between, that was fast work.
IMO The Red looks absolutely gorgeous, the blue not too bad, have not seen a green, the grey looks nice, the black looks really dull. as eclectix 1st pointed out the 1.6 comes in just those 3 colours.

@carCrazy25
Gives me around 11 in the city 70% A/C and around 15 on the highway, 100% A/C
Vinaygv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 20:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys my cousin had a 1.2 which had run 90K+ kms and still running very well he recently sold it, before selling it he left for one last service. The front bumper was damaged pretty badly and so he wanted a new one put on, but the servicing head said that sir we don't have stock and it will take some
tata is still having trouble stocking spares so each time they need parts they have to order it from fiat direct.. takes time. they said they were looking for local distributors for spares so situation should improve hopefully
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 21:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about the accident. I know exactly how that feels.
Palio Stile 1.6 even with those stock alloys looks hot in red, the best looking hatch in its segment still.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote