Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 13:24   #196
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Good to know that issue has been solved.

Gave you a few heart ache's, didn't it?

And what was the total cost of the 15k service?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 20:45   #197
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Knew it would be a rubber pipe or so

Engine oil would have costed 1600 or so right ? And they didnt change the oil filter?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 21:56   #198
BHPian
 
bglsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Good to know that issue has been solved.

Gave you a few heart ache's, didn't it?

And what was the total cost of the 15k service?
yes,It was a worst nightmare for me last week.I was not myself till the problem was solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Knew it would be a rubber pipe or so

Engine oil would have costed 1600 or so right ? And they didnt change the oil filter?
Yes,Jkdas...it was a rubber pipe only.Even the service advisor said this turbo can never fail.

I have spent the following:
1.assy fuel filter - rs.2163.00
2.engine oil - rs.1323.00
3.differential oil - rs. 317.00
4.assy oil filter - rs. 214.00
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 06:39   #199
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 124
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Happy to hear its been resolved. Thanks for the snap, thats informative.

On another account, its also reassuring and irritating in the same vein that
- the problems encountered on the 2.2 so far on TBHP do not seem to be major items. Mostly 3rd party components like with yourself and dddhruv. This part is reassuring. And the approach of TM's service centres in these cases has been prompt I believe. Even in the case of jaysmokesleaves
- the pain and irritation is that it still speaks a lot about TM's QC process with it vendors. Thats just not on in today's scenario.

But all things considered, the quality seems leagues ahead compared to the problems we had with our sierra more than a decade ago. Have been following the threads on the 2.2 since October 07. Been wary about taking the plunge just because of our previous experience with TM where the problems in the first year were not so 'minor', for lack of a better comparative word if you may.

But still 'suckers' will remain 'suckers' and hence I am getting more and more convinced to take the plunge and get my bull soon.
DaiusPitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 17:18   #200
BHPian
 
bglsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Happy to hear its been resolved. Thanks for the snap, thats informative.

On another account, its also reassuring and irritating in the same vein that
- the problems encountered on the 2.2 so far on TBHP do not seem to be major items. Mostly 3rd party components like with yourself and dddhruv. This part is reassuring. And the approach of TM's service centres in these cases has been prompt I believe. Even in the case of jaysmokesleaves
- the pain and irritation is that it still speaks a lot about TM's QC process with it vendors. Thats just not on in today's scenario.

But all things considered, the quality seems leagues ahead compared to the problems we had with our sierra more than a decade ago. Have been following the threads on the 2.2 since October 07. Been wary about taking the plunge just because of our previous experience with TM where the problems in the first year were not so 'minor', for lack of a better comparative word if you may.

But still 'suckers' will remain 'suckers' and hence I am getting more and more convinced to take the plunge and get my bull soon.
Hi,
I can understand you.Best of luck for your BULL in advance.

Yes,the TATA's have improved in their quality a lot.I really dont know,But my attachment towards TATA vechile started with Sierra Turbo -scorpio - Indigo marina - Tata Safari 2.2.Even though we have some problems here and there,big or small.....I have a soft corner to TATA cars and the feelings and attachment towards it never changes.
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 18:03   #201
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
I have spent the following:
1.assy fuel filter - rs.2163.00
2.engine oil - rs.1323.00
3.differential oil - rs. 317.00
4.assy oil filter - rs. 214.00
This part of the 15k service? Costly it is right?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 18:15   #202
BHPian
 
bglsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
This part of the 15k service? Costly it is right?
yes,It looks to be.
But,I dont have idea about the prices of the spares.Should check it out from now.
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 18:15   #203
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

So what engine oil did they put in?
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 18:19   #204
BHPian
 
bglsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So what engine oil did they put in?
diesel engine oil ch4 - 15w40 castrol GTX - 6.5 lts
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 18:25   #205
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
diesel engine oil ch4 - 15w40 castrol GTX - 6.5 lts
I am impressed that they are using castrol GTX diesel!
Many service centers are still filling API-CF4 Castrol GTD in the 2.2, though the service manual clearly mentions API-CH4 being the minimum acceptable grade.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 18:34   #206
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

But why they have changed the FUEL Filter assy.and its so costly.

or is it same what we call as Oil Filter but Oil Filter is not so costly.

i believe they should have changed only oil filter after changing engine oil.

@bglsrini

can you please check the manual and confirm that FUEL FILTER assy change was needed.

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 13th May 2008 at 18:36.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 18:39   #207
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

I think the Diesel filter needs to be changed at 30K and not 15K. Can you look in the manual and confirm?
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 18:55   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

My TASC suggests fuel filter change every 20,000 kms.
They dont carry CI-4 currently.So, I've picked up 8 litres of GTX-diesel.
At my oil store,I noticed a 5 litre can of Mobil Delvac MX (CI-4)for Rs.880 and they also stock a 15 litre bucket of the Mobil. Should be good for two changes.
TATA has suggested an oil interval of 7500 kms for safaris running in heavy city traffic, desert/dusty conditions and hilly terrain. So, my first oil change should be at 2500 kms(voluntary). My second should be at 7500 kms. The third and every consecutive on should be at the next 7500 kms.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 14:59   #209
BHPian
 
bglsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
But why they have changed the FUEL Filter assy.and its so costly.

or is it same what we call as Oil Filter but Oil Filter is not so costly.

i believe they should have changed only oil filter after changing engine oil.

@bglsrini

can you please check the manual and confirm that FUEL FILTER assy change was needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I think the Diesel filter needs to be changed at 30K and not 15K. Can you look in the manual and confirm?
Hi,
I have gone through the manual and it says that for every 15k km fuel filter has to be changed.Even the oil and oil filter has to be changed for every 15k km.For sever driving conditions-more than 50%km in city traffic,engin oil and oil filter has to be changed every 7500km.

I called up prerana to check the same with my service advisor and he said they have got a new schedule from TATA yesterday saying that fuel filter assy can be changed for every 30k kms from now for safari 2.2 VTT.
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 15:04   #210
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Hi,
I have gone through the manual and it says that for every 15k km fuel filter has to be changed.Even the oil and oil filter has to be changed for every 15k km.For sever driving conditions-more than 50%km in city traffic,engin oil and oil filter has to be changed every 7500km.

I called up prerana to check the same with my service advisor and he said they have got a new schedule from TATA yesterday saying that fuel filter assy can be changed for every 30k kms from now for safari 2.2 VTT.
looks like a little goof up in the manual.

but other 2.2 owners can note it.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reclaiming life - My Tata Safari TCIC. 13 years, 1,23,000 kms and counting sumannandy Long-Term Ownership Reviews 163 19th April 2015 07:54
Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @ 1,62,000 Kms EDIT : Now SOLD! mercedised Long-Term Ownership Reviews 34 19th February 2015 06:46
Finally my Bull comes home. A TATA Safari 2.2 VTT Ex 4X2 Pearl White blackbeast Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 31 15th September 2009 02:16
Tata Safari Dicor LX 4 X 2 or Safari Dicor EX 4 x 2 Digitalmafia SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 55 1st June 2009 17:31
Safari 3.0 dicor or 2.2 VTT dicor ? tabrez02 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 49 30th December 2008 12:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks