Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th April 2008, 22:12   #121
Senior - BHPian

Now, what is this to called as, Srini!

You go all the way to Ooty, on a solo drive, that too after a very long time and....... you take photos of your ride and post them on T-BHP!

Now, thats what I call 'addiction'. cheers:

Have a safe drive back home, mate!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 00:08   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Now, what is this to called as, Srini!

You go all the way to Ooty, on a solo drive, that too after a very long time and....... you take photos of your ride and post them on T-BHP!

Now, thats what I call 'addiction'. cheers:

Have a safe drive back home, mate!
thankyou verymuch happywheels.
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 12:53   #123
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on buying the beast with 'below average' reliability (according to Team BHP) srini. If yours is reliable enough in the long run, be sure to tell everyone here.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 17:50   #124
BHPian

Lol @ Steeroid : ` below average reliability`

Congrats on ur bull Srini..this was my first consideration ` Safari in Black` with mods before I settled and spent 9.5 lakhs for my Black verna this month with mods.

How much does it drink? pls share

As pointed out by steeroid , do update on ageing experience of this ship. The post 2 yr ownership reports by ppl somehow kept me off this Noah`s ark otherwise there is no question of ride quality, sheer presence and masculine character of this thing!

Looks unmatchable for an SUV at this price tag though

Cheers!
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 20:12   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Congrats on buying the beast with 'below average' reliability (according to Team BHP) srini. If yours is reliable enough in the long run, be sure to tell everyone here.
Thanx and i will do that Mr.Steeroid
Old 7th April 2008, 20:30   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Thanx and i will do that Mr.Steeroid
How much did the Bull bar cost you? Do you have a protective bar at the rear too?
How do you operate the fuel flap?
kkdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 21:17   #127
BHPian

Default more pictures of my bull in ooty trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Lol @ Steeroid : ` below average reliability`

Congrats on ur bull Srini..this was my first consideration ` Safari in Black` with mods before I settled and spent 9.5 lakhs for my Black verna this month with mods.

How much does it drink? pls share

As pointed out by steeroid , do update on ageing experience of this ship. The post 2 yr ownership reports by ppl somehow kept me off this Noah`s ark otherwise there is no question of ride quality, sheer presence and masculine character of this thing!

Looks unmatchable for an SUV at this price tag though

Cheers!
Hi Pankaj,
It gives me 10.5kmpl.
Lets see,Its a new engine and we have to wait and watch.But as of now its really doing great.

HI KKdelhi,
i have given the cost of BULLguard in the same thread.No protective bar in the rear.There is a lever below the drivers seat for opening the fuel flap.

I am Back in Bangalore today.

It was one of the greatest trip. ME and MY BULL. Here are more pictures of my BULL.
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0113.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0118.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0119.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0121.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0124.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0126.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0131.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0133.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0146.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0149.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0155.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0161.jpg  

Old 7th April 2008, 22:42   #128
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back, Srini.

Few questions:

- How was the Bull's handling on the slopes? (Did you take the 36 hair-pin road?)

- Did you find any advantage on fitting the deflector?

- Since it was solo driven (I assume), how was the driving comfort? Any body rolling?

Looking forward to your travelogue on this one (some nice spots there).

Lastly, got to say this - Neighbor's envy, Owners pride!
Old 8th April 2008, 10:01   #129
BHPian

nice pics srini...must have had loads of fun!!
m3_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 12:51   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Welcome back, Srini.

Few questions:

- How was the Bull's handling on the slopes? (Did you take the 36 hair-pin road?)

- Did you find any advantage on fitting the deflector?

- Since it was solo driven (I assume), how was the driving comfort? Any body rolling?

Looking forward to your travelogue on this one (some nice spots there).

Lastly, got to say this - Neighbor's envy, Owners pride!
Yes,I took the 36 hair-pin road.......it was great drive and The Bull was fully under my control.

deflector - nothing specific,I havnt specifically noticed it.But My windscreen was comparitively less dirty.

Body rolling was comparitively less than DICOR 3L(tried my brothers one).driving comfort was great,totally I have done 835 kilometre and I did not feel any stress/tiredness.I am fully charged.

As u said its Neighbor's envy,Owners pride is true.Also,all the people on the road gave way immediately on seeing the Bull .Except for some people on the road who envy and try to put down the bull.I let them do that and they finally end up giving way too.

Yes,I will update my travelogue shortly.

yes I enjoyed a lot m3_07.
Old 8th April 2008, 14:09   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
...yes I enjoyed a lot m3_07.
What do I have a feeling that this is the best 'under statement' made?

You exitement conveyed thru the posts and your eagerness to share your rides photos convey a lot about the fun and exiting time that you had.

( * n )
Old 8th April 2008, 22:13   #132
BANNED

hey dude what is that black thing on your bonnet ...is it some kind of cover ???
what is the cost of it?? is that thing available for scorpio??
zenopio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 22:30   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
hey dude what is that black thing on your bonnet ...is it some kind of cover ???

The whole thing has been discussed on this very thread!!.. In fact this very page begins with a post on this very subject .. Do read up!!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 23:28   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
Hi its a hood deflector and is available for scorpio too
Old 9th April 2008, 00:25   #135
BHPian

hey bgl, now that the deflector is up and running, i again urge you to have a look at your beauty with the chrome mirrors, no do not fix them as yet, just let someone hold them for you at the shop if you visit someday and you take a few steps ahead and turn back and have a dekko.. that's all i want to give you, a glimpse, then you decide when you put them on.. hehe

no man, just kidding, always nice to see a done up safari, mine is plain empty right now, no plans as yet, the re-tint job is the first priority as of now, have been lazy, busy, pocket lightzy whatever :-) can say i am yet to come off the high of the vehicle itself as such, haven't been really thinking of beautification still.

would have to admit, seeing any good post here does mark the day, feel rejuvenated at the end of the day, the spirits do rise high.. :-)
aburagohain is offline   Reply With Quote