Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:18   #256
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

sOuljah,
I was gentle on the car and was driving keeping in mind that it belonged to some other customer. Never raced above 2.5Krpm.
I am planning not to buy from trident as who knows tomorrow they can take my car for a TD for some other customer?

I am pretty confused between Silver and Red.

undead,
Trident said waiting period is 6 to 7 weeks.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:20   #257
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
undead,
Trident said waiting period is 6 to 7 weeks.
Ok. In HMP, Chennai the car is readily available (White). Acutally i cancelled the booking which i made with another dealer.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:29   #258
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Ok. In HMP, Chennai the car is readily available (White). Acutally i cancelled the booking which i made with another dealer.
Can i buy the car from HMP and get it registered in bangalore?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:54   #259
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Can i buy the car from HMP and get it registered in bangalore?
Yes you can, need to get a temporary registeration from Chennai which the showroom will provide & submit that along with the rest of the documents with the RTO in Bangalore.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:05   #260
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

wat about PETE'S box for this car, anybody has any information regarding these...

1. increase in power
2. driveability
3. mileage etc.,
kicksperliter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:24   #261
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 648
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
sOuljah,
I am planning not to buy from trident as who knows tomorrow they can take my car for a TD for some other customer?
Even Advaith offered me a TD in a customer car! So, you would be in the same situation if you booked one from Advaith.
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:32   #262
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Can i buy the car from HMP and get it registered in bangalore?
Yes. I am not from Chennai too. My RTO is in someother place. They will Temporarily Register the vehicle and deliver us. My friend who bought a VW Passat from Karnataka , registered the car in my place only.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:35   #263
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Even Advaith offered me a TD in a customer car! So, you would be in the same situation if you booked one from Advaith.
Dude i was hoping that Advaith wont do it. Did Advaith residency road or outer ring road guys offered a TD?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:37   #264
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Yes. I am not from Chennai too. My RTO is in someother place. They will Temporarily Register the vehicle and deliver us. My friend who bought a VW Passat from Karnataka , registered the car in my place only.
Thats a good news.
But i feel very sad to pay road tax of 12% in karnataka.
I would love to run a TN registered car in karnataka as it would cost atleast 20K less there.
What is the onroad price you paid? Here it is 6.53 lacs.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:39   #265
BHPian
 
Proxima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 801
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
he will get me the car at 6.5Lakhs
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Here it is 6.53 lacs.
The website says 5.6 Lacs ex-showroom. Tax+Insurance is 90000?

Last edited by Proxima : 22nd April 2008 at 15:40.
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:39   #266
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Thats a good news.
But i feel very sad to pay road tax of 12% in karnataka.
I would love to run a TN registered car in karnataka as it would cost atleast 20K less there.
What is the onroad price you paid? Here it is 6.53 lacs.
Right now the OnRoad price is 6.15lacs(Approx) Showroom price is Rs.560834. But the TN Govt is going to increase the Life Tax from next month.
But the Insurance is taken by myself costing Rs.15000(approx) . They are charging Rs.16000 for it.
Road Tax comes around Rs.34000(approx).

Last edited by undead : 22nd April 2008 at 15:42.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:40   #267
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 648
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Dude i was hoping that Advaith wont do it. Did Advaith residency road or outer ring road guys offered a TD?
The residency road guys asked me to come to their stockyard for a test drive. I think that both the showrooms have the same stockyard as the dealer is the same!
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:41   #268
BHPian
 
Proxima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 801
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
The website says 5.6 Lacs ex-showroom. Tax+Insurance is 90000?
Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Right now the OnRoad price is 6.18lacs.
Thats more like it. (10% for Tax + Insurance)
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:45   #269
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
The website says 5.6 Lacs ex-showroom. Tax+Insurance is 90000?
Bangalore:
Ex showroon 5.63 lacs
Road Tax 68K (12.1% of ex showroon cost)
Insurance 16K
Delivery charges 5K

Total ~ 6.53 lacs on road.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:46   #270
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Bangalore:
Ex showroon 5.63 lacs
Road Tax 68K (12.1% of ex showroon cost)
Insurance 16K
Delivery charges 5K

Total ~ 6.53 lacs on road.
Delivery Charges?? or you meant the document charges?
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30) ph03n!x Long-Term Ownership Reviews 598 6th November 2012 00:02
Hyundai Verna 1.5 CRDi Diesel Automatic Test Drive - My Views VSG12777 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 12th January 2011 10:43
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Getz CRDI Test Drive Report Torqueguru Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 19 20th June 2008 14:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks