Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th April 2008, 15:00   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Getz D is noisier compared to Swift D from outside. Hyundai has done a great job of dampening. Cabin is very silent.
I'm a petrol head and i found Both cars to be noisy in idle position from outside.
Once the gear is slotted and the Getz D starts moving u won't hear anything and u will have more important things to concentrate on like torque steer etc
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 17:39   #302
BHPian

Should I take the plung then?
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 15:23   #303
BHPian

Question

I have just driven a 500km round trip in my brothers Getz GLE (older model) around Mysore, Bangalore and Kerala. This was my first drive in a Getz and I must say that the feel of the car miles ahead of the Swift (which starts rattling at 25000km). My brothers car has done close to 35000 km and there is absolutely no rattle or noise from anywhere, including the suspension. This is keeping in mind that the roads from Mysore to Kerala (on which he drives almost 3 times a month) are not the best, especially in the Karnataka side. So, I am impressed by the car.
Now, I am planning to invest in a Getz CRDi for myself. I am based in Jaipur and I am getting a very good deal on a 2008 model, as the dealer wants to finish off old stock. It is coming to me at the price of a Swift VDi.
I would like to know if you guys think its worth it. I personally like cars with a good powerful engine and mileage is not a big issue. I also drive about 70km everyday to my office and am prone to doing long distance trips (3000 to 6000km round trips) whenever I get the chance.
So, though I have kind of frozen the purchase, I would be grateful if you all could give me some moral support.
sasi405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 18:25   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
I have just driven a 500km round trip in my brothers Getz GLE (older model) around Mysore, Bangalore and Kerala. This was my first drive in a Getz and I must say that the feel of the car miles ahead of the Swift (which starts rattling at 25000km). My brothers car has done close to 35000 km and there is absolutely no rattle or noise from anywhere, including the suspension. This is keeping in mind that the roads from Mysore to Kerala (on which he drives almost 3 times a month) are not the best, especially in the Karnataka side. So, I am impressed by the car.
Now, I am planning to invest in a Getz CRDi for myself. I am based in Jaipur and I am getting a very good deal on a 2008 model, as the dealer wants to finish off old stock. It is coming to me at the price of a Swift VDi.
I would like to know if you guys think its worth it. I personally like cars with a good powerful engine and mileage is not a big issue. I also drive about 70km everyday to my office and am prone to doing long distance trips (3000 to 6000km round trips) whenever I get the chance.
So, though I have kind of frozen the purchase, I would be grateful if you all could give me some moral support.
You seem to have opened up a really old thread here! Ok, coming to your issue. Having a verna crdi, I know how much fun that engine is, so no doubt the getz is a definite option in that regard. But I have always thought that a car that doesnt even come wit basic stuff like music player at its price is really overpriced. But if your getting it at a lower rate (how much exactly?) then perhaps its worth it again, if you can use the extra cash to buff up the car a bit. Coming to your point on long distance travel. The getz has zero safety. ABS is not even optional and thats a must for that crazy engine. Considering that your gonna be on the highways a lot, I would suggest that you think about this aspect of the purchase before you finalize. Safety is a no compromise factor on indian roads. If not airbags, ABS is essential at least. So green signal in all other aspects if your getting the car at a much lower price. Red signal in terms of the safety!
I dont know how much of moral support I have given you, but this is an honest answer! Hope I've helped
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 18:40   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
for how much you are getting 2008 getz crdi?
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 18:46   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
for how much you are getting 2008 getz crdi?
He has mentioned that he is getting it at the price of a Swift Vdi
breezydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 18:52   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
You seem to have opened up a really old thread here! Ok, coming to your issue. Having a verna crdi, I know how much fun that engine is, so no doubt the getz is a definite option in that regard. But I have always thought that a car that doesnt even come wit basic stuff like music player at its price is really overpriced. But if your getting it at a lower rate (how much exactly?) then perhaps its worth it again, if you can use the extra cash to buff up the car a bit. Coming to your point on long distance travel. The getz has zero safety. ABS is not even optional and thats a must for that crazy engine. Considering that your gonna be on the highways a lot, I would suggest that you think about this aspect of the purchase before you finalize. Safety is a no compromise factor on indian roads. If not airbags, ABS is essential at least. So green signal in all other aspects if your getting the car at a much lower price. Red signal in terms of the safety!
I dont know how much of moral support I have given you, but this is an honest answer! Hope I've helped
I don't see anyone complaining of overpowering the Getz but all i see is the word overpriced over and over again. Do u expect the Hyundai to sell the Getz D at 5lacs? For God sake 110bhp car at 5lacs which can smoke many sedans in the range of 10lacs. ???? Whats the right price according to you?

I totally agree with you on the safety aspect of ABS requirement which u have mentioned. This car would have been a complete package with ABS.
Old 10th January 2009, 19:18   #308
Senior - BHPian

totally agree. the swift has nothing on the getz D. Better interiors, better view of the rear, more interior space, more comfortable ride, and an incredible engine. Apart from the cornering skills, this car is a vastly better car than the swift. people should be buying this car instead of wasting it on cars like the fabia - now THAT's an overpriced car

Last edited by greenhorn : 10th January 2009 at 19:20.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 19:18   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I don't see anyone complaining of overpowering the Getz but all i see is the word overpriced over and over again. Do u expect the Hyundai to sell the Getz D at 5lacs? For God sake 110bhp car at 5lacs which can smoke many sedans in the range of 10lacs. ???? Whats the right price according to you?

I totally agree with you on the safety aspect of ABS requirement which u have mentioned. This car would have been a complete package with ABS.
oo bhai ji..!! i think u havnt tried your getz against other sedans till 15-18 lakh especially petrol one. try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
He has mentioned that he is getting it at the price of a Swift Vdi
aha! my mistake

Quote:
apart from ABS.. there is nothing wrong with it. overpowered hatchback. infact fastest hatchback in india atleast. you are getting at such low price. Duh!! did i say fastest hatchback? infact most of the c-class sedans too.

Last edited by Gangsta : 10th January 2009 at 19:29.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 19:29   #310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
oo bhai ji..!! i think u havnt tried your getz against other sedans till 15-18 lakh especially petrol one. try it
I can think of only the Optra Magnum diesel that can keep up with this car. Civic, Corolla and even RS will have a tough time.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 20:45   #311
Awaiting Email Confirmation

How can anyone NOT buy this car when they are getting it for the price of a Swift?
Its the bargain of the century. Where else can you get a hatch that will smoke cars three times costlier and still be easy on the pocket?
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 22:49   #312
BHPian

Quote:

When I say overpriced, I mean that the car has no basic features that you would expect in that bracket. No music system, not even basic stuff like a rear defogger from what I remember when I bought my verna. When I say overpriced, I mean that you will be paying that amount JUST for the engine and the fun the car provides and nothing else. And when I say overpriced, I mean they are seriously ignoring safety. My salesman told me that the getz in chennai costs 6.5lakhs currently. If they cant sell the car with ABS at that price, then I dont see how anyone can say the car is not overpriced from that aspect. But hey, who am I to complain about it, I love my verna engine, so for a speed enthusiast it is a great buy. For people looking at practicality then yeah, got to think twice.
Old 10th January 2009, 22:59   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I say overpriced, I mean that the car has no basic features that you would expect in that bracket. No music system, not even basic stuff like a rear defogger from what I remember when I bought my verna. When I say overpriced, I mean that you will be paying that amount JUST for the engine and the fun the car provides and nothing else. And when I say overpriced, I mean they are seriously ignoring safety. My salesman told me that the getz in chennai costs 6.5lakhs currently. If they cant sell the car with ABS at that price, then I dont see how anyone can say the car is not overpriced from that aspect. But hey, who am I to complain about it, I love my verna engine, so for a speed enthusiast it is a great buy. For people looking at practicality then yeah, got to think twice.
Right now in Chennai u can get Getz Crdi @ 5.41 lacs Ex showroom.
High and varying state taxes from state to state is not in the hands of Hyundai.
Old 10th January 2009, 23:23   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Right now in Chennai u can get Getz Crdi @ 5.41 lacs Ex showroom.
High and varying state taxes from state to state is not in the hands of Hyundai.
I got a price quote on it that day for my friend who wanted the getz crdi. My sales guy specifically told me that after the increase in jan it'll be nearing 6.5lakhs. Dont know why the differences in the price???
Old 10th January 2009, 23:28   #315
Senior - BHPian

The getz CRDi is now available at around 5.9 OTR Cochin!! its a S T E A L!!!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote