Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 12:48   #46
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 400
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Where is Getz CRDi? Is the delivery started?

I could see many i10s on road which is launched later but not even a single Getz CRDi so far.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 12:55   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Where is Getz CRDi? Is the delivery started?

I could see many i10s on road which is launched later but not even a single Getz CRDi so far.
Hyundai Motor Plaza Delhi has sold around 100 Getz D's till now that too without any TD vehicle..
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 13:07   #48
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Hyundai Motor Plaza Delhi has sold around 100 Getz D's till now that too without any TD vehicle..
100 Getz D's without any TD,amazing.I havent seen any Getz D's here in Trivandrum.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 13:13   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
100 Getz D's without any TD,amazing.I havent seen any Getz D's here in Trivandrum.
I couldn't find anything other than the CRdi badge on the boot to visually differentiate it from its petrol version..
Once u sit inside u can see the RPM meter with 4.5k rpm redline.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 13:30   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Hyundai Motor Plaza Delhi has sold around 100 Getz D's
Do you mean 100 bookings or 100 deliveries of the Getz CRDI?

I booked on 27th Sept and the vehicle was ready for delivery on 21st November @ Trident Hyundai. Decided not to take it and waited another month for the DDiS (total of 6 months)
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 14:49   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Do you mean 100 bookings or 100 deliveries of the Getz CRDI?
100 cars delivered. HMP is the biggest Hyundai showroom in North India, Company Owned Company Operated.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 22:49   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Fantastic review Prajesh and thanks for sharing it with us, the first Getz TD report on the forum.

Quote:
The torque of Swift D is very strong around 2000 rpm but the torque of Getz will literally blow off anything.
I totally agree with you, the Swift is FTD with that Multijet engine but once you drive the Getz, the Swift is kept standing. A Peted Getz will leave a Peted Swift in the dust, literally.

275NM Torque and 135bhp, how does that sound for a hatch, yup INCREDIBLY INSANE

Kudos to HMIL to give us the engine in the Verna state of tune.

@Hemanthegreat- Get yourself the reva and you will be happy

Quote:
as per the FE stated by many people in the forum itself, the swift is giving them anywhere between, 18 to 21 kmpl. which is about 4 to 6 kmpl more than getz. with money spent on mods, the swift will have a similiar power of the getz with maybe 2 kmpl decrease in power, but still vfm with additional safety features such as ABS.
Realistically speaking the Swift Diesel gives around 16kmpl, so thats around 2kmpl less per liter in the Getz but a whole lot fun. Even with Petes the Swift is 90bhp, wheras a stock Getz is 110bhp.

Last edited by BUSA : 21st December 2007 at 22:52.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 09:48   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

100 CRDI's delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Fantastic review Prajesh and thanks for sharing it with us, the first Getz TD report on the forum.
Many reports up including mine on the other Getz discussion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa
I totally agree with you, the Swift is FTD with that Multijet engine but once you drive the Getz, the Swift is kept standing. A Peted Getz will leave a Peted Swift in the dust, literally.
True but then there is always a faster, meaner, stronger, better looking car out there! Not everyone is looking at running circles around other cars. Getz does offer space, comfort etc but it seems like they have made a half hearted effort with this car.

Quote:
Realistically speaking the Swift Diesel gives around 16kmpl, so thats around 2kmpl less per liter in the Getz but a whole lot fun. Even with Petes the Swift is 90bhp, wheras a stock Getz is 110bhp.
16kmpl is with some spirited driving. There are a LOT of people reporting much higher FE. Not that FE is the be all and all of things but just saying.

Dont get me wrong, I would have loved to go with the Getz. But for 6.60 otr and the kind of aftermarket spending we do, your talking about a very very expensive proposition.

Nice car - yes? Fast car? - hell yeah!

Dont understand why people compare to the DDis (you of all people Busa! )
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 12:18   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Lightbulb

Quote:
Many reports up including mine on the other Getz discussion
Oops my bad, forget the TD reports in the Getz thread.

Quote:
True but then there is always a faster, meaner, stronger, better looking car out there! Not everyone is looking at running circles around other cars. Getz does offer space, comfort etc but it seems like they have made a half hearted effort with this car.
For 70k premium, i cant see any car, which is faster, offers more space and so much comfort & ya rattle free too.

Quote:
Not everyone is looking at running circles around other cars.
Currently i am looking at running circles around your stock Swift in my Peted Swift

Quote:
16kmpl is with some spirited driving. There are a LOT of people reporting much higher FE. Not that FE is the be all and all of things but just saying.
Well on stock tires you can get higher figures but whats the use of the turbo if you dont use it.

Quote:
Dont understand why people compare to the DDis (you of all people Busa! )
You know absolute power corrupts, absolutely
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 13:26   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Just spoke to Hyundai dealer. He said Getz Diesel Test Drives not available, but you can book the car. I said i need to test drive before i buy, he said that 15 people have already booked looking at the pricing and without test drives. He ten arrogantly said if you want to buy then buy no test drive. Such poor Service before Sales, imagine what will be after sales. This was Sharayu, the worst car dealer i have ever come across.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 13:41   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

I agree, the 70k premium for the Getz over the DDiS is well worth it. No argument there. With all the fuss over the i10 the poor monster of the CRDI is getting sidelined.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 14:02   #57
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

What if it had 14 inches of metal sticking out of the rear(boot), then suddenly this would become the best VFM sedan in the market right.
Or for that matter if Maruti made the 7L SX4 a hatch and struck off 70K from the price tag to give a 6.3L hatch. Again we will say that, overpriced for a hatch.
The market here has not matured yet. In other countries people would pay premium to get a sportier engine, here we are ready to pay 1L premium to get a boot.
I have been guilty of the same too. When I look at ford fusion, I think too expensive for a hatch, but if we forget about the boot and look at the car, such vehicles are actually brilliant!
Getz is a true performance hatch, which can give thrill without mounting petrol bills.
Its spacious comfortable and modern, with extremely good egronomics. But sadly there is no boot
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 15:16   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
PatienceWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,159
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
What if it had 14 inches of metal sticking out of the rear(boot), then suddenly this would become the best VFM sedan in the market right.
Or for that matter if Maruti made the 7L SX4 a hatch and struck off 70K from the price tag to give a 6.3L hatch. Again we will say that, overpriced for a hatch.
The market here has not matured yet. In other countries people would pay premium to get a sportier engine, here we are ready to pay 1L premium to get a boot.
I have been guilty of the same too. When I look at ford fusion, I think too expensive for a hatch, but if we forget about the boot and look at the car, such vehicles are actually brilliant!
Getz is a true performance hatch, which can give thrill without mounting petrol bills.
Its spacious comfortable and modern, with extremely good egronomics. But sadly there is no boot
Tanveer. Indian market is not matured enough for premium hatches. When I say I paid 6.1 OTR for my Getz 1.3, most people are shocked.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 15:57   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Madurai
Posts: 1,006
Thanked: 645 Times
Default

Drove the GetzD today. In one word, "Incredible"!!!
It pulls like a bloody train and while accelerating, its not as noisy as the SwiftD. Vibrations are not noticeable and the suspension is perfect.
The brakes, though without ABS, seem adequate.
Definitely worth 6.23L on road, Madurai.
jyobeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 16:15   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Drove the GetzD today. In one word, "Incredible"!!!
It pulls like a bloody train and while accelerating, its not as noisy as the SwiftD.
Yeah pulls hard doesnt it?!

Disagree on the engine noise front, or maybe the TD car in Bangalore was exceptionally noisy.

Quote:
Definitely worth 6.23L on road, Madurai.
Wow!! Are taxes in TN so much cheaper than KA ? Costs us 6.60 OTR
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30) ph03n!x Long-Term Ownership Reviews 598 6th November 2012 00:02
Hyundai Verna 1.5 CRDi Diesel Automatic Test Drive - My Views VSG12777 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 12th January 2011 10:43
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Getz CRDI Test Drive Report Torqueguru Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 19 20th June 2008 14:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks