Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 10:13   #76
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KA-03
Posts: 471
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
@ Sriturl : why not finish your highway run and then get your service done ?

That trip would take up min 1.5K and next week I am scheduled to drive to Tirupati which is another 700 approx.
that would shoot up to 6.5

Just thinking would complete 2nd service and go.

But do you feel any change after second service? I was talking to a service guy at Bimal on sunday(went there to pick up RC book)
he was mentioning that people are complaining of vehicle drift after
second service tyre rotation.
any advice?
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 14:43   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

For tyre related issues its best not to use the A.S.S centre. They tend to over inflate the tyres and I suspect they scales are not accurate. goto a specialist like Vijay wheel alignment or Madhu's or something.

The engine does feel smoother after the service.

Last edited by s0uljah : 4th August 2008 at 14:44.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 14:54   #78
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,035
Thanked: 1,471 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
For tyre related issues its best not to use the A.S.S centre.
I will vouch for that also. On a previous visit to the service station over a problem of uneven tyre wear, they did something on their tyre jig and the car started pulling left. I decided not to pursue further "remedial action" there and drove over immediately to my professional tyre center and the car was back to normal with no more uneven tyre wear.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 00:48   #79
BHPian
 
mayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 180
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes diesel cooling temp is low compared to petrol and compressor doesn cut off and on as in petrol, i guess that is the reason why they have kept the temp low to avoid gas freezing. pune right now needs sun control even if its a merc

Finally! a chink in the armor of Swift DDIS? but seriously, i have been stuck with making the decision of whether to go in for a zxi or a vdi for some time .. decision hinges on the features zxi offers vs the drivability of the vdi that you guys always sing praises about, as well as the high rev acceleration of the petrol vs the in gear acceleration of the diesel.

btw i spend lots of time stuck in traffic, sometimes my foot gets tired from clutching, would that be a vote against the diesel since it has a heavier clutch?
mayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 08:26   #80
BHPian
 
Gautam Misra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bhubaneshwar
Posts: 220
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

@ Souljah:

The bill of Rs.1407 is quite cheap. In my case the touch up for the bumper only cost me Rs.1400/-.

I feel that body coloured bumpers look really bad with minor scratches vis-a-vis the black ones
Gautam Misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 09:02   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
btw i spend lots of time stuck in traffic, sometimes my foot gets tired from clutching, would that be a vote against the diesel since it has a heavier clutch?
Yes it would tire your left leg (Especially the calf muscles) in a stop and go , crawling traffic. See the positive side of this that you would develop your calf muscles without going to Gym.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 10:00   #82
BHPian
 
joe angelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: Once
Default

so changing them will be a good feel for the car right! i dont think service people here will agree to change them in 2nd service. they told me after 1st service that in 2nd service its just overall checking and a wash thats all. anyway i am gonna change the oil and filter too!
joe angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2008, 17:59   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Thumbs up

I drove to Auroville (Pondicherry) on Monday and returned to Bangalore on Wednesday evening.

First fill was :
579 KM @ 30.7 Litres = 18.86 KMPL
60% Highway amd 40% City.

Was sticking to 100-120 and hitting 140 on the safe stretches.

Second Fill :
392 KM @ 23.8 Litres = 16.47 KMPL

150kms was 1/2nd gear in Auroville's narrow dirt tracks plus A/C due to mid day driving. Remaining 250kms was Pondicherry - Hosur where I tanked up before entering Karnataka.

All in all a great drive thanks to the fun car and Tamil Nadu roads



Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
decision hinges on the features zxi offers vs the drivability of the vdi that you guys always sing praises about, as well as the high rev acceleration of the petrol vs the in gear acceleration of the diesel.

btw i spend lots of time stuck in traffic, sometimes my foot gets tired from clutching, would that be a vote against the diesel since it has a heavier clutch?
ZXi is the sweet hatch to own IMHO. Throw in a CAI + custom aftermarket FFE system and your good to go. If your a really serious enthusiast then you can take the path that Vikram_D has gone down

The DDiS would be useful if you want some kicks without mods. Also if you have high daily running or highway trips the DDiS can be economical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
@ Souljah:

The bill of Rs.1407 is quite cheap. In my case the touch up for the bumper only cost me Rs.1400/-
I guess I wasnt clear...mine were tiny brush touch up's with regular white paint..this is a complimentary service from the service station but the original look is lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Yes it would tire your left leg (Especially the calf muscles) in a stop and go , crawling traffic. See the positive side of this that you would develop your calf muscles without going to Gym.
Calf muscle is mostly genetic, even serious pushing of weights etc doesnt yeild very great results

Coming back to the topic, we have experienced some serious stop and go traffic these last few days in Bangy..45 mins to cross about 1-2kms... I didnt feel any pain. The diesel clutch doesnt feel too different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
so changing them will be a good feel for the car right! i dont think service people here will agree to change them in 2nd service. they told me after 1st service that in 2nd service its just overall checking and a wash thats all. anyway i am gonna change the oil and filter too!
Yes you have to make a special request for the Engine oil change. Air filter cleaning is enough I guess. I felt a big difference after the service.

Last edited by s0uljah : 15th August 2008 at 18:19. Reason: Added quotes
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leh'd - A 6000km drive through Leh Ladhak. UniqueMods Travelogues 31 7th March 2013 20:53
Pilgrimage-Five states-6000km-16days-5 Jyotirlinga temples and more rkg Travelogues 24 29th October 2012 20:39
my Swift Vdi is now finally COMPLETE!.. sterlingjames Modifications & Accessories 31 19th September 2010 18:00
Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCI 6000KM - Some issues catchvinny Technical Stuff 4 27th August 2009 11:33
Mitsubishi Cedia - A 6000KM report parichay Long-Term Ownership Reviews 63 5th February 2009 18:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks