Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd February 2008, 21:38   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
1/2 hr ago, while coming from south end, saw this black fabia going towards NR colony from vidyapeetha as I passed it in opp direction, it's engine sounded like a truck. So loud and it's along the slope when you take right turn towards nr colony.
This was my first encounter with the car and I was taken back by the engine sound vis-a-vis other skodas. Could be exaggeration on my side may be due to self-induced-perception.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2008, 21:40   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
This was my first encounter with the car and I was taken back by the engine sound vis-a-vis other skodas. Could be exaggeration on my side may be due to self-induced-perception.
No need to be apologetic about it - your feelings are understandable. If a small car costs that kind of money it is only reasonable to expect it to have a good engine.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:14   #243
BHPian

I think 85 bhp would have been a good place to start with for the skoda fabio engine. The 69 bhp is quite disappointing.

The old viva crdi engine is a 3 cylinder too and makes some noise, but it is no slacker.

As androdve mentioned, noise is not a bad thing for some people . I like to hear the engine when I drive. Clearly, it is an attempt by skoda to do some merchandizing. Make some extra cash by selling a car with a skoda logo on it.
rrnsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:54   #244
Senior - BHPian

JK - The Kia Rio uses the same engine as the Verna's.

And there is no exageration IMO, the Fabias engine sounds way noiser compared to latest gen engines like the DDIS, CRDi.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2008, 23:00   #245
BHPian

Plus it was racing a 101 bhp skoda fabia. I dont think the current indian skoda can compete with the verna . I think verna and swift will eat the skoda alive in straight line accleration
rrnsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2008, 23:42   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Plus it was racing a 101 bhp skoda fabia. I dont think the current indian skoda can compete with the verna . I think verna and swift will eat the skoda alive in straight line accleration
The Swift will eat, cars double the price in the corners.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 14:26   #247
BHPian

Hi All,

Went in for a test drive of the fabia a few days ago and must say that other than the noisy diesel engine the car as a whole is way better built than any other car on the lower side of 8 to 9 lacs.

I am very interested in checking out the petrol version, but as they have not yet got it I had to be ahhpy testing the diesel. I am looking forward to buying the petrol top end, but my only apprehension is the service costs and the total after sales service, which seems to have been pretty bad till now.

The milage seems to be ok in the 1.4 petrol, as international sites give figures which are close to around 13-14 KMPL.

My question is should I wait for the petrol or should I go in for an SX4 or Verna petrol.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 15:31   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi All,

The milage seems to be ok in the 1.4 petrol, as international sites give figures which are close to around 13-14 KMPL.
A mileage of 13-14 KMPL in the developed world would probably transalate to a max of 10-11 in Indian cities like Bangalore and Mumbai IMHO. You need to account for the disorganised traffic and the poorer fuel quality.
Strangerintown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 09:42   #249
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Fabia Diesel : First impression & brief test drive

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 19th October 2012 at 15:55.
rulerofsun is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction