Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th January 2008, 19:38   #16
BHPian

jacobgeorge,Congrats on your purchase of the NHC ZX CVT. These days,with the increasing traffic,especially in BLR,auto trannys are a great boon! I've noticed there are a lot of auto tranny vehicles running around in BLR now,esp the Santro auto tranny variant. Do post up pictures of it.

Wishing you happy times driving through the KMs on the odo.

cya
A

Last edited by Absar : 17th January 2008 at 19:39. Reason: changed "miles" to "KMs"
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 04:46   #17
BHPian

Default congrats

Congrats on your purchase. Please can you let me know if it is has the Alloy Wheels and Airbags.

Pictures would be nice.
skmami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 08:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
..Please can you let me know if it is has the Alloy Wheels and Airbags..
The NHC ZX CVT has no alloy wheels and no airbags. Only the Vtec plus has both. It is same in features w.r.to Gxi variant except the transmission.
vvrchandra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 14:35   #19
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
9.32L for a 77bhp CVT. Thats daylight robbery .
True to a large extent but the fact remains that there is no competition in that segment for Honda to reconsider its CVT price or engine spec. Had SX4 or Optra Magnum also provided an AT option, I am sure we would see some spec change in the CVT.

Having said that, the CVT is new generation automatic which no car in India has, so I guess a little premium is understandable
jacobgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 15:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

I guess thats the price to pay for monopoly. Its weird that there are no other auto boxes available in the C segment.

Having said that CVT is not new by any stretch of imagination. The system itself was conceptualized by Leonardo Da Vinci . The first modern production vehicles with CVT arrived in 1987 (Ford Fiesta and Fiat Uno) and has been there on many vehicles since then, though it never made an appearance in India.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 15:16   #21
BANNED

Hey buddy jacobgeorge, hope you don't me asking this. This could be useful for many potential buyers:
For 9.2L you could have gone for Cedia. Why did you go for NHC CVT?
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 15:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey diabloo - The Cedia might be a great performer, but you cant compare it to a NHC CVT in terms of branding, resale value, and support.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 15:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey buddy jacobgeorge, hope you don't me asking this. This could be useful for many potential buyers:
For 9.2L you could have gone for Cedia. Why did you go for NHC CVT?
The 'order qualifying' criteria was that the car should have an automatic transmission. None of the cars in the C segment qualified and that included the Cedia. In fact I did check with the HM dealer here if they planned an AT version in the near future and the reply was an emphatic NO. GM did reply to an enquiry that there were planning an AT Optra Magnum but didnt give any timelines.
jacobgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote