Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th January 2008, 11:40   #1
BHPian

Default My new Honda City ZX CVT 2008

Hi guys,

Just bought a spanking new Honda City ZX CVT from Whitefiled Honda, Bangalore . It is a 10th Anniversary edition and the colour is Carbon Bronze, the new pearl finish colour that has a brownish shade.

Overall the experience of dealing with Whitefield Honda was very good with minimum or no hassles at all. All the departments (sales, car finance, pre-owned and service) co-ordinated very well to make the delivery happen in less than 10 days from date of enquiry (29th Dec). I am told there is a waiting period on the CVT now and we were lucky to get a Jan 08 production car in the second week itself.

I traded in my four year old Wagon R and also took a car loan for 5 years from Reliance Capital. They were in fact the cheaspest in rates as well as processing fees.

I also got 12k as corporate discount. Incidentally, certain companies identified by Honda as eligible for this discount.

Though I have a 45% NCB on my insurance, I could not get that transferred to my new insurance immediately as I needed to get a certificate from my previous insurance company. I can get this only after my old car has been sold and insurance transferred in the new owner's name. However, Whitefield Honda said they would get me a refund cheque from Royal Sundaram in 20 days once I got the certificate of NCB.

Apart from this, there were no other discounts offered by the dealership as cash or kind. I did get a box of sweets and a car perfume

The accessories I have fitted on the car are suncontrol film (Lumar) and an Exhaust finisher. I also did a paint sealant job (popularly called Teflon coating) in Car R Us on Mission Road. The quality of job carried out was simply exceptional. I plan to go in for leather seats (probably Stanley) soon.

So far the ownership experience has been very good though I havent driven the car around much (less than 100 km). Ahh yes, true to what few others have mentioned already in their threads, the tyre pressure was way above the norm. I had to correct the pressure and the ride has been very smooth since. I must say, the CVT is a boon for drivers especially in the kind of traffic we have in Bangalore. The power delivery seems adequate. I am not too much of a speed freak anymore though I dont mind touching 100+ on highways.

Will post more details as I clcok more miles.

Cheers
jacobgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 14:37   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations! The NHC CVT is one of the most perfect urban commuters. Follow up on the NCB promptly, else the dealer / insurance co will inevitably delay the refund.

Quote:
took a car loan for 5 years from Reliance Capital. They were in fact the cheaspest in rates as well as processing fees.
LOL! Typically Reliance...gotta love them.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 14:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the CVT, I am sure you will enjoy driving it in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobgeorge View Post
I traded in my four year old Wagon R
How much was the wagonR taken for ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 14:55   #4
BANNED

Thats a cool choice cheers: There are many CVT owners here on the forum and are willing to clarify any questions. Enjoy the ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobgeorge View Post
Hi guys,

Just bought a spanking new Honda City ZX CVT from Whitefiled Honda, Bangalore . It is a 10th Anniversary edition and the colour is Carbon Bronze, the new pearl finish colour that has a brownish shade.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 15:32   #5
BHPian

Thanks guys.. yes its indeed a pleasure driving the car in the city. Honda is definitely a driver's car and the CVT just adds to that feeling. Looking forward to a long drive as well, probably to Cochin sometime next month.

My WagonR Vxi was exactly 4 years old and I got 2.35L for it. Probably would have got higher had I shopped around with the used car dealers but then I decided to stick to the authorised dealer so that all formalities are restricted to one point of contact.
Old 16th January 2008, 15:36   #6
BHPian

Congrats. Cool Car dude. Do post some pictures.
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 17:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi JaAcob,

The Honda City is an amazing car. Good choice. Hope you have many pleasant moments with this beauty.

And yes, you could have got a better price for the Wagon R. Did you try selling it on Team BHP?
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 19:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jacob,

> Just bought a spanking new Honda City ZX CVT from Whitefiled Honda,
> Bangalore . It is a 10th Anniversary edition and the colour is Carbon
> Bronze, the new pearl finish colour that has a brownish shade.

Congratulations! I have one of the same in that shade and was one of the first ones from Peninsular Honda, Cochin.

> the tyre pressure was way above the norm. I had to correct the pressure
> and the ride has been very smooth since.

The ride when compared to my Marina is harsh which is harsh when compared to my old Indica.

Enjoy it!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 19:10   #9
BHPian

Will post some pics soon.

Yeah I guess you are right lalvaz, I was so impatient that I coudnt wait to get my hands on the new car. I went for the easiest option, definitely not the best
Old 16th January 2008, 23:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car! Glad to know that there are no issues with your car unlike the SX4 I have

Since the NHC also has a EPS can you tell me if the car tracks straight on slightly bad roads?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 23:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Jacob on a fantastic choice, The NHC CVTs gearbox is a boon in start-stop traffic.

How much did the car come for, OTR? Heard Taxes in Bangalore are pretty high.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 10:44   #12
BHPian

Hey.. thanks Amit. Sorry to hear that you have issues on your SX4. You know what... I am yet to go on bad roads to check the EPS handling. Will definitely let you know once I check it out.

And Busa.. the car costed me 9.32L OTR minus 12K for corporate discount. The Net OTR of 9.20L also includes the extended warranty of about 3.5K.
Old 17th January 2008, 16:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

9.32L for a 77bhp CVT. Thats daylight robbery .
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 18:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Since the NHC also has a EPS can you tell me if the car tracks straight on
> slightly bad roads?

I did not fully understand the above.

An unnoticed pothole does not deflect it from its path. Going on a road with a lot of undulations does not result in a good ride, though.

There is absolutely no feel as to what the front wheels are doing!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 18:57   #15
BANNED

That was a funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
9.32L for a 77bhp CVT. Thats daylight robbery .
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote