Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th January 2008, 21:25   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5india View Post
sahil, i have only had the car for two days and i am still a little perplexed about this OBC...

it is telling me for the drive i did yesterday, about 50 kms, my fuel consumption was 18l/100km? what the hell? i thought this was a diesel car!!!! i hope the average comes down when the engine is a little run in....

also, sahil, is there anyway of removing the OBC when lets say you are watching TV, or a dvd from the right side?

i was also wondering if there is a way of getting tata sky for the x5? has anyone on this forum been able to achieve this?
You can remove the OBC from the right side but that space will just remain blank, your DVDs wont be fullscreen.
Also you might want to go into the central settings (just press the idrive in middle of the home screen and change the units to km/per litre) so you get a proper reading on your mileage. I have been getting an avg of about 8-8.5 km/per litre on my 525d in hardcore city driving with ac but suddenly after my last top up my OBC is showing 9.7 km/per litre! ...i am close to 5000kms now so dont worry your avg will eventually increase a little.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 22:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
You can remove the OBC from the right side but that space will just remain blank, your DVDs wont be fullscreen.
Also you might want to go into the central settings (just press the idrive in middle of the home screen and change the units to km/per litre) so you get a proper reading on your mileage. I have been getting an avg of about 8-8.5 km/per litre on my 525d in hardcore city driving with ac but suddenly after my last top up my OBC is showing 9.7 km/per litre! ...i am close to 5000kms now so dont worry your avg will eventually increase a little.
sahil,

i thought this would be of interest to you and other bmw owners with idrive. there is a hidden menu in idrive that shows tons of information (idrive version, coolant temp, engine temp etc...).

From the main menu with the 'i' in the middle and the 4 arrows around it

Press the Idriive controller down for a least 10 seconds and release
Rotate it 3 clicks to the right (nothing happens on the screen)
Rotate it back 3 clicks to the left (nothing happens on the screen)
Rotate it back 1 click to the right (nothing happens on the screen)
Rotate it back 1 click to the left (nothing happens on the screen)
Press and release

click the menu button go get out of there....

enjoy going through it!

also how do you fast forward songs? i have all my music as mp3s on a dvd....so all my music shows up on idrive...i have songs that are hours long and need to ff!
x5india is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 01:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Press and hold the "next track" button on either your steering wheel or the cd/dvd player.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 03:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Many Congrats on your X5!

Enjoy driving!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 04:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the fabulous choice X5! Here's hoping you have a great time with the machine!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 13:33   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sahil,

i thought this would be of interest to you and other bmw owners with idrive. there is a hidden menu in idrive that shows tons of information (idrive version, coolant temp, engine temp etc...).

From the main menu with the 'i' in the middle and the 4 arrows around it

Press the Idriive controller down for a least 10 seconds and release
Rotate it 3 clicks to the right (nothing happens on the screen)
Rotate it back 3 clicks to the left (nothing happens on the screen)
Rotate it back 1 click to the left (nothing happens on the screen)
Press and release

click the menu button go get out of there....

enjoy going through it!

also how do you fast forward songs? i have all my music as mp3s on a dvd....so all my music shows up on idrive...i have songs that are hours long and need to ff!

You've been browsing around BMW forums it seems i came across this sometime back on e60forum

Putting mp3s on a dvd is a good idea actually, i should try it...how easy is it to browse around folder etc since you have more than 4gb of music !
Old 27th January 2008, 18:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
You've been browsing around BMW forums it seems i came across this sometime back on e60forum

Putting mp3s on a dvd is a good idea actually, i should try it...how easy is it to browse around folder etc since you have more than 4gb of music !
i'm on x5world.com, and i got that from there....

putting 4.5 gigs of music on a dvd disk is the best...i basically made folders for all my different music..so house, trance, pop are all folders and in it i put my mp3s...right now i have nearly all my music on one dvd disk!

shows up perfectly on idrive...no problems whatsoever
Old 27th January 2008, 20:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
i was also wondering if there is a way of getting tata sky for the x5? has anyone on this forum been able to achieve this?
i think u can get dish tv for ur car now just visit their website
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 14:53   #24
BHPian

X5India, Congrats o the fantabulous car. Enjoy all that the car offers to the maximum. Waiting to see pics from the 3.2 Mp cam.
gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 19:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic !!! Only one word to describe the car. You are one lucky bloke !!!
Take good care of her. simply love the OBC and the lights. Awesome !
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 06:56   #26
BHPian

Why dont you get this instead of cracking the system?
Bimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 15:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, that's a more elegant solution to the problem.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 22:26   #28
BHPian

Default BMW X5 3.0d: High Resolution Pics in Full Glory

Finally got some time to take some photos. Hope you enjoy them!
Mods: Had to start a new thread because could not edit original thread!

bi xenons

stock 255/55 R18

led rods

trying to show the lights that come on when you unlock or lock your car...very nice looking, but the pic is a little blurry.

Old 31st January 2008, 15:01   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

She looks really good ! I looove those LEDs on the door handles, dont know why BMW India isn't giving them on 3 and 5 series even though they come standard on the base 3 series abroad.
Are you planning on getting tinted film? I think it would make your car look even better.
Those plastic mats look quite cheap, were they given by the dealership? I was given really good quality grey PVC mats which match perfectly with my interiors.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
She looks really good ! I looove those LEDs on the door handles, dont know why BMW India isn't giving them on 3 and 5 series even though they come standard on the base 3 series abroad.
Are you planning on getting tinted film? I think it would make your car look even better.
Those plastic mats look quite cheap, were they given by the dealership? I was given really good quality grey PVC mats which match perfectly with my interiors.
Sahil,

Thanks for the comments. Yes those mats were given by the dealer. In fact, the person that was picking up his 525d right before me had the same mats. I have found the mats in shops to be very small, mainly designed for small indian cars.

The LEDs do look very nice at night, but I havenoticed that space grey tends to show a lot of dust!

About tints, I don't mind getting them, but there has to be someone to recommend a place to me.

I am just pissed because I noticed a couple of chips on the front left passenger door 2 days after I had picked it up. I dont know how this has happened, though I am a little sad that it happened so soon. I thought that mudguards will help protect the door, but when i showed this to the BMW guys they said the damage has not been caused by stones/rocks flying off your wheel, but maybe someone elses...There are a few chips on the door. Don't know if I should get it repaired now or wait a while to see what happens

Can you take a photo of your Mats so at least I will have something to show shopkeepers when I go looking for some better mats?

Thanks in advance