Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th February 2008, 01:00   #31
BHPian

Hi, Congrats on your Safari!

Quote:
4. Which Horn i need to change? the OEM is not sufficient
The horn sounds very muted while sitting inside. I would suggest you stand in front of the vehicle and hear the horn, it is quite loud (IMHO).

I did not get this...
Quote:
The dealer accepted that it was Dec 07 manufactured vehicle.....& also came to know that the vehicle PDI was done 10 days before the delivery.
If PDI was done 10 days ago, and the dealer got the vehicle only a couple of days before delivery, then was Tata Motors doing the PDI in Pune???

Is the wheel alignment problem sorted out?
DukeSan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 14:10   #32
BANNED

Thanks for the wishes

Answers in BOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSan27 View Post
Hi, Congrats on your Safari!

The horn sounds very muted while sitting inside. I would suggest you stand in front of the vehicle and hear the horn, it is quite loud (IMHO).

But for the King that kind of a horn is no match.

I did not get this...

If PDI was done 10 days ago, and the dealer got the vehicle only a couple of days before delivery, then was Tata Motors doing the PDI in Pune???

The PDI was done in the dealer stockyard and we were told lie by the dealer saying they were not having stock and waiting for Tata to send the vehicle.

Is the wheel alignment problem sorted out?
The problem is sorted out, but later told by them that they did not find any problem to hide the problem.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 17:39   #33
BHPian

Default Dream Machine Safari 2.2 VTT Completed 1500kms

Hello;

My vehicle is back after first service.

The ODO reads 1671kms in 17days.
800kms on highway & 800 kms in city limits.
Mileage in City - 9.5kms with AC
Mileage in Highways - 12kms with AC
Diesel used - Shell & BP Hi Speed

Vehicle Performance before Service:
1. Pick up was great
2. Gear Shift was smooth
3. Engine sound was less
4. Clutch was smooth
5. Breaking was good
6. No electrical problems

Problems Faced:
1. Turbo Whistling Sound above 2RPM
2. Sound from the dashboard ( something like kuin,kuin )
3. Steering Vibrates at 120kmph
4. Vehicle moves towards right
5. Fuel Lid does not open automatically, manual was used.
6. Some sound while releasing 4th & 5th Gear
7. Bull Bar was not fixed
8. Break noise

Service Details:
1. All the problems faced were resolved, except the 1st one
2. Bill was Rs. 650 ( Wheel Balacing Weights - Rs.500, pick up & drop Rs.150 )
3. They said, they have topped up all the oils
4. Washing was poor
5. Interior cleaning was poor
6. Pick up is good, engine noise has reduced

ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00041rz0.jpg

Mods: Please change the Title has 1500kms completed.

Regards
Deepak
kdeepakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 17:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
2. Bill was Rs. 650 ( Wheel Balacing Weights - Rs.500, pick up & drop Rs.150 )
This is unbelievable, how can they charge you for wheel balancing on a new car? This was obviously an issue at their end & should have been fixed FOC
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 19:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yes, unless they added some weights which will be chargable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
This is unbelievable, how can they charge you for wheel balancing on a new car? This was obviously an issue at their end & should have been fixed FOC
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 19:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Yes, unless they added some weights which will be chargable.
I know they added weights but why weren't the weights perfect in the first place is my question? This is a new car with 1500 only on the clock. Unless our friend has been seriously abusing the beast so early in the ownership (don't think he is), this indicates the factory balancing was faulty
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 20:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

thats what one cannot contest even after running 1500kms, unless its an engine problem, all consumables, scratches becomes owner reponsibility.

If not checked during delivery, these become yours to resolve.

Quote:
I know they added weights but why weren't the weights perfect in the first place is my question? This is a new car with 1500 only on the clock. Unless our friend has been seriously abusing the beast so early in the ownership (don't think he is), this indicates the factory balancing was faulty
Old 13th February 2008, 20:35   #38
BANNED

Default @Suman

Hi this is Deepak's brother

Quote:
I know they added weights but why weren't the weights perfect in the first place is my question? This is a new car with 1500 only on the clock

On the above issue we informed the service guy and the sales guy from the day we started driving it .

When we took it to them in the 1st week they just did some minor work and said it is fine, after few days again the same problem started.

When we left for the 1st service they charged us and said that we should speak to the sales person and we did not wanted to go to the showroom again.

Unless our friend has been seriously abusing the beast so early in the ownership (don't think he is), this indicates the factory balancing was faulty
Really speaking we don't call this as The Beast but we call it The King and we treat it like The King and a family member.

The factory balancing and the PDI is the main culprit.
Old 13th February 2008, 21:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Unless our friend has been seriously abusing the beast so early in the ownership (don't think he is), this indicates the factory balancing was faulty
The factory balancing was faulty... i had complained the sales guy just after 2 days of delivery. The sales guy took the vehicle back,checked it & gave back saying its checked & rectifiied. But still it was not done, when i said the same to service team, they said they cant take the responsibility of the sales mistake.

All these happened in Manipal Motors.
Old 14th February 2008, 09:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thats what, we let them go easy, feel lazy to pester them. You should have taken it back to them if you were not satisfied.

Given them your piece of mind the second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
The factory balancing was faulty... i had complained the sales guy just after 2 days of delivery. The sales guy took the vehicle back,checked it & gave back saying its checked & rectifiied. But still it was not done, when i said the same to service team, they said they cant take the responsibility of the sales mistake.

All these happened in Manipal Motors.
Old 16th February 2008, 13:13   #41
BHPian

Hello All

When driving around 120kmph, lot of wind sound is heard inside cabin & also there is lot of tyre running sound. Is it normal in all safari's?

Thanks
deepak
Old 17th February 2008, 11:02   #42
BHPian

Hi Even I had a problem with the alignment. I own a 2.2 Lx. Did get a cracking noise when you take a turn to right..the shop floor guys said that some adjustments have been dont on the steering rod..however still find a drag when I turn complete right. small niggling problems service light keep comming on..they where not able to find the reason..visited thrice to work shop. Shock Absorber squeaking..however the best part the engine..did Ahmedabad Bangalore averaged aroung 13-14 with full ac 5 pax full load. Max speed 160Km. fuel used Reliance/ shell
kalsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 19:43   #43

Smile

Hai Deepak! Congratulations for owning your dream vehicle "Safari Dicor VX 2.2 VTT" last month', and I have gone through your detailed report, and I would like to tell you something pertaining to the vehicle.

Like you, I have been dreaming all these years from the day One TATA introduced Safari Petrol Version in Sept. 2003, and finally me & my family's dream come true on 14th June 2007 when my wife received the Key of our Dream Vehicle "Safari Petrol VXi 4x4 Quartz Black" in Cochin. Fortunately we did not face any problems either for its delivery nor its driving all the way (138 kms) from Cochin to my home at Palakkad on NH-47 at night during heavy rain. I received my Safari directly from TATA Motors without involving their Cochin Dealer as I had very severe problems with the Dealer in getting this Petrol Safari, I do not wish to elaborate that mega-story here, but with great difficulty, and luckly I got my Black Beast, for which I thanked their 3 Executives (2 in Mumbai and 1 in Bangalore), with their efforts only I got this vehicle otherwise my dream would not have come true. No PDI was done on my vehicle, nobody's fingerprint was there on my vehicle when we took delivery, it ran only 6 kms. The vehicle was kept separately under Lock & Key by the Tata Motors Personnel and all the RTO formalities were completed by the time we reach the show-room. We hardly spent 2 hours there and received the key and returned to Palakkad. I faced no problem of any kind with the vehicle while driving it at night. My vehicle has already covered 6500 kms till today, and we did not face any problem and it's running excellently and me, my wife & my 2 grown-up Sons are very very happy with our Marvel.

There is another Site : MOVIE Review, HOTEL Review, MOBILE PHONE Review, BOOK Review, CAR Review, CAMERA Review
Please visit that site where you can get all informations, opinions, suggestions, feed-back etc. for Safari and all models of Cars, SUVs, TVs, Cellphones, Audio Video, etc. etc. You can find many Reviews of Safari including my Review and Pictures etc. there.

Anyway thanks for becoming a proud Owner of Safari
Muralidharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 22:10   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalsu View Post
Hi Even I had a problem with the alignment. I own a 2.2 Lx. Did get a cracking noise when you take a turn to right..the shop floor guys said that some adjustments have been dont on the steering rod..however still find a drag when I turn complete right. small niggling problems service light keep comming on..they where not able to find the reason..visited thrice to work shop. Shock Absorber squeaking..however the best part the engine..did Ahmedabad Bangalore averaged aroung 13-14 with full ac 5 pax full load. Max speed 160Km. fuel used Reliance/ shell
Put some pictures of ur tour to Ahmedabad lets check it, the cracking noise get it checked.

Shock absorber is as usual it will be there but get it checked with the service guys

Did u do the 160 in a new vehicle or a pretty old one
Old 21st February 2008, 09:53   #45
BHPian

@muralidharan,

I never knew one could buy a safari from TM directly.

Did you get any dealer discounts from TM, since it was a direct purchase?
m3_07 is offline   Reply With Quote