Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th March 2008, 17:50   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
I just wanna drive and keep driving when I'm in my Ford,its my lil world-far away from the maddenning crowd and the potholes filled with tar.
Just love it!
This is what I too feel when I drive my Ikon...planning to upgrade sometime this year and Fiesta will be the choice most probably.
joshdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 13:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasr79 View Post
atleast in chennai, I dont think service is a problem...The service professionals attend promptly and provide what is expected if not more...atleast until now...
Even in Hyd, Mody Ford provides great service. They have an AC lounge filled with magazines to keep you occupied while the service bill is finalized. They even treat you to coffee or tea for free.
I rate service by Mody Ford to be better than any of the Maruti service stations I have visited in Hyd and Vizag (I've been owning Maruti vehicles since 1989).
But Ford service has not been consistent all over the country---at least that is the impression I got from this forum. I've even heard bad stories about Fortune Ford in Hyd.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 16:10   #18
BHPian

I was actually on the lookout for a small car and after days of research had the Getz fixed in my sights.Went for a test drive and I liked the car,lots of thought put into the interiors with the cubby holes,adjustable back seating etc.
The Ford showroom was only 3 doors down so my wife & I went in.She sat in the Endeavour & refused to get out,reason being we were always bullied around by big cars & autos in my Zen.She simply wanted the SUV with butch looks.
After reasoning with her about why we cudn't get the SUV(too big for just 2 people ),we saw the Fiesta & the Fusion.Drove the Fusion and I loved the tall seating with a good command of the road.It was still big for us.
Drove the 1.4 Fiesta and it was just right,just cudn't find anything wrong with the car.We made the decision to buy it and have not regretted buying it.Friends still say"You bought a Ford,man are you in trouble!Bad service,expensive spares blah blah blah".
Now there's no other place i'd be than in my Fiesta,it kinda grows on you.That warm feeling of "This is where I wanna be".
My heartiest congratulations to all owners of Ford on this site!
Wolffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 18:43   #19
BHPian

I went for a test drive of the fiesta today.. Spoke with the shoroom person and finance guys and all and was getting ready for the test drive when it started raining . I have already driven the diesel and the 1.4L petrol but badly wanted to drive the 1.6 petrol as i'm planning to settle for the 1.6zxi. was shocked to find out they have stopped the side door protection moulding on the zxi and it looks like the exi now

Will get back to the dealer again tomorrow for the test drive. Hopefully it doesnt rain tomorrow.

OT: raining in chennai is scarce even in winter, but it's now raining like hell in summer... and just when I'm looking to go and tet drive all cars. sigh!
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 20:00   #20
BHPian

Yeah man,its raining cats n dogs here and its funny,especially in MarchAll the best with thetest drive,hope you like the car!
Wolffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 21:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Oh, Chennai too? It's been raining in bits and pieces here since afternoon.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 15:56   #22
BHPian

Went to another dealer again today hopeful of getting to drive the 1.6 petrol , but since they have some exchange mela this weekend, the test drive car has gone to that venue . The salesperson said he'lll send me the cae for testdriving to my home but since it'll be difficult for me during the weekdays i said i'll get back next weekend and came back.

But the most bothering thing for me is that the new zxi does not have the side body protection moulding (and neither the fog lamp). Without it the car looks dull and plain like the exi. And if you want you can put it as an accessory but it will cost around 5K for the moulding + body colour painting . now that's some daylight robbery.

Edit: one more thing which the dealer told me was that the Mystic wine color has been stopped by ford since the colors were not consistent when painted and there were differences for each car. So it seems that ford have stopped using that colour. Anyone can confirm this in your place??

Last edited by praveen_v : 22nd March 2008 at 15:58.
Old 24th March 2008, 14:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post

Edit: one more thing which the dealer told me was that the Mystic wine color has been stopped by ford since the colors were not consistent when painted and there were differences for each car. So it seems that ford have stopped using that colour. Anyone can confirm this in your place??
\

I know that Endeavour is sold in Mystic Wine color and the Fusion too.Havent seen that many Fiestas.
joshdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 11:47   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
The Ford showroom was only 3 doors down so my wife & I went in.She sat in the Endeavour & refused to get out,reason being we were always bullied around by big cars & autos in my Zen.She simply wanted the SUV with butch looks.
I got through the same everytime i take my car for service, and my wife accompanies me. We while away time by dropping in at the showroom right beside, and my wife heads straight for the Endeavour. Its high on her 'Things to Buy' list.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 03:26   #25
BHPian

The performance of Fiesta (both diesel and petrol) cannot be questioned. The cars are just awesome. I had left my Fiesta 1.6 for the first service. I was in a hurry so didnt pay much attention while taking the delivery of the car after service.

After i reached home i found a small dent on the back of the car (exactly on the dickie). Immidiately i called Metro Ford. They sent their person to my residence to have a look at the dent and he took the vehicle got the dent repaired (free of cost) and dropped the car next day. They apologized for the inconvenience caused.

I think FORD a.s.s is improving. I didnt pay even a single penny for the first service. I dont think ford service is bad at all. I have had a good experience till date.
Torque123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 09:50   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
The performance of Fiesta (both diesel and petrol) cannot be questioned. The cars are just awesome. I had left my Fiesta 1.6 for the first service. I was in a hurry so didnt pay much attention while taking the delivery of the car after service.

I think FORD a.s.s is improving. I didnt pay even a single penny for the first service. I dont think ford service is bad at all. I have had a good experience till date.
Good to know that you had a good experience with ford. I am also looking to book a 1.6 zxi by this month end. So far the experience at showroom has been good. I am yet to get a TD of the 1.6 but the salesperson said he'll send the car to my office (a good 25Kms from the showroom) for TD tomorrow. Let me see how it goes.

OT: can you give a "latest update" on the mielage you got till the first service?
Old 1st April 2008, 11:08   #27
BHPian

yesterday I had my third service (6 month service) done at MPL Ford Chennai...

They changed the engine oil/filter and AC pollen filter.They also waxoyled the engine compartment.The total bill came to Rs.1493.

I really dont know why people make so much complaints about Ford after
sales service.

I had a very minor rattling noise from one of the AC vents which I initially
consulted MPL ford for which they said it was due to the after market sony system fitting. I adjusted that and then also I found the problem.I
wrote it to ford and immediately I got a call fixing an appointment with MPL ford and when I told them I want it to be replaced they just accepted. Also I told them they can change the same during the third service which they did yesterday. Believe it or not I had got nearly 6-7 calls from ford in the past 20 days whether the problem has been sorted out and I need any other assistance.

Although the dealer played some tricks of making me convinced that it was due to the music, from Ford right from the beginning the support was
really great and they were ready to replace it free of cost any time.

Thanks Ford.
srinivasr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 11:47   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
I didnt pay even a single penny for the first service.
Nothing is changed at the first service. Its basically just to check if everything is fine or not. They check, wash the car and return it.
I had a zero bill for the first service as well.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 14:27   #29
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride.
The Fiesta is a great sedan.
Nice review too.
esteemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 19:05   #30
BHPian

I have been getting a milegae of 11 (40% AC) in city limits. I have not yet gone for a long drive after the 1st service. I am very happy with the over all performance of the vehicle.
Torque123 is offline   Reply With Quote