Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th May 2009, 17:54   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Post Hola

Hey guys,

Everyone in here are nice and doing fine, i believe..

No exiciting updates from my other than that 'White Boy' is going to clock 4000kms today... I've gonna override VKJ soon hehe

Bangy Fab Logde boys: When is our drive meet scheduled for, in June?? We should discuss this soon and decide over the 1st week[days], i think...

Watsay?
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 12:37   #1577
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Moderator: This thread is Netchef's Fabia ownership review. However, it has gone on into a 100+ pages of discussing several other related & unrelated topics.

Only posts relevant to Netchef's Fabia may continue in this thread. Other Fabia owners may open up their own independent ownership review threads. Also, topics unrelated to the Fabia may continue in new threads as well.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:23   #1578
BHPian

Its a pity that this thread what i used to say as a THESIS for Fabia aspirants will not be the same now.
uneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:39   #1579
BHPian

Exclamation Protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Note from Moderator: This thread is Netchef's Fabia ownership review. However, it has gone on into a 100+ pages of discussing several other related & unrelated topics.

Only posts relevant to Netchef's Fabia may continue in this thread. Other Fabia owners may open up their own independent ownership review threads. Also, topics unrelated to the Fabia may continue in new threads as well.
Hasn't this thread now been renamed ? and it inclueds Fabia, Petrol and Diesel, why should it be related only to netchef's car ? there are many others here who have contributed and it has become a one-stop place for everything Fabia, restraining it to only one car will lead to a dilution of the content, and for people who are coming here to know more about the car, it will mean hunting down so many similar posts for overlapping information, besides, netchef's fabia was the first here, with many following because of what they read here, it would be wrong to say the other cars are unrelated !

I understand that there are sometimes some off-topic conversations here, but most have a lot to do with the car. Eg: the photographs of the car in different locations, now it would have to be filed under travel, but it is exclusive to the fabia. IMHO since the thread has been renamed and the most contributors have been writing here for more than a year now, we should let this thread be dedicated to THE car rather than A car.
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:31   #1580
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Personally, I strongly second fabia owners contributing through this thread rather than having multiple posts. Its been nearly one and a half years since this thread was started and the knowledge accumulated/ imparted through this single thread is beyond comparison. If the stipulation is to start independent thread for each owners, it should've been noted much earlier, even before renaming the thread.

Now, this thread is like a "home..sweet home" to fabia owners and potential owners. Isn't it like asking family members to part one fine morning? Off-topic conversations may have crept it, but 95% of the contents is related to fabia and as a result, some 'related off-topics' too. Of course, the members have fallen in line when mods noted that unrelated pics or topics shouldn't be posted here. Hence its my humble request to continue with the single thread for FABIA

Last edited by Mysticeyes : 2nd June 2009 at 16:33.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:45   #1581
VKJ
BHPian

Default Rob peter and pay paul!

Hola! It's a carrot and stick situation here....

Let this thread continue as a generic Fabia thread and be one stop shop for all queries, know-how about Fabia.

we humans need some thing bit different from the main topic, otherwise its so monotonous and boring... this void is well filled by RG & others here..

allowing everyone to start a new thread on the same topic, you can expect lots of duplicate and redundant stuff floating around and that's the reason why mods/admins have discouraged so far. I am hopeful we will continue to visit and write more and win-win here like before.

Cheerio

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd June 2009 at 10:54. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read our rules carefully, Thanks
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:35   #1582
BHPian

its hard to find reviews! where it begins and where it ends thats the point.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 20:02   #1583
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, allow me to clarify:

1. You can imagine the disadvantage of this extended to other cars? How about a single linea ownership review thread instead of the 20 we have currently? For that matter, how about if we have just a single review thread for each brand of car out there?

2. There is inherent value in each owner / car having their own dedicated ownership threads.

3. It is easier for other Fabia owners (including potential) to procure information from dedicated threads, rather than a single 200 page thread.

4. It is better for SEO as well.

The benefits you mention, in favour of a single thread, are also present in the independent review system that this community follows. Please understand that this decision is only keeping in mind the larger interests of Team-BHP.

If you wish to continue this discussion, please use the contact us form.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:10   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right time to ask this.

CAn someone help me with the price of the rear wiper of the fabia. I need both the arms (the part fixed to the car) and the rubber (the aerotwins). Can anyone get me info on how much it costs and whether it can be bought over the counter at any A.S.S.

I want to fot it on my fiat adventure. Would it be possible.

Thanks in advance.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:51   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

CAn someone help me with the price of the rear wiper of the fabia. I need both the arms (the part fixed to the car) and the rubber (the aerotwins). Can anyone get me info on how much it costs and whether it can be bought over the counter at any A.S.S.

Thanks in advance.
I heard it costs rs 500. but i am not sure if it's just for the rubber or both. my guess is, it only for rubber. The front set costs around 1500. They are available at counter. Fitment may be tricky .

Last edited by fi.robin : 3rd June 2009 at 09:54.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:33   #1586
Senior - BHPian

Post Latest Camp

Netchef: Did you get this? Are you attending? Please let me know if you are..

Robin: PM for you.

Name:  monsooncampaign.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  83.3 KB
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 08:56   #1587
VKJ
BHPian

Default greedy wretch!

K-Ajay: Is the sms/s/e-mail from skoda india or tafe dealer?, I dont get these anyway, wondering if you guys have registered for such an alert.

Team: What's the take on..regarding the latest game plan?
thinking what would work here...influence.....money......escalation!
let's decide on the next course of action...
Old 4th June 2009, 09:09   #1588
VKJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

Thanks in advance.
Fabia wipers are long & short in the front & rear respectively for fiat hatchback.....is it not possible to get/fit palio wipers for adventure or is it not available in the after market place...
Old 4th June 2009, 09:14   #1589
VKJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hey guys,

Everyone in here are nice and doing fine, i believe..

No exiciting updates from my other than that 'White Boy' is going to clock 4000kms today... I've gonna override VKJ soon hehe

Bangy Fab Logde boys: When is our drive meet scheduled for, in June?? We should discuss this soon and decide over the 1st week[days], i think...

Watsay?
K_ajay, dont be surprised if the odo gets bumped up by a kilo
I am game for DD hills any time....
Old 4th June 2009, 10:29   #1590
BHPian

netchef:
How is your Fabia now? Upload some pics please. Even after an year the car looks brand new. Here is my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-fabia1.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-fabia2.jpg  

MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote