Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th June 2009, 20:21   #1606
BHPian

Any idea on fabia 1.9 TDI release dates on price range?
kolimuttai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 21:10   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Negatives
* Dash design
* wiper switches little confusing..may be am new to this
Hi.. Just wanted to ask.. Why do you say or think the Dash Design is a negative?? Because it is small or big or black? Just wanted to know your point of view. In our opinion, Fabia's is one of the best and most well finished quality dashboard and IP console.

Btw, the wiper stalks are configured and left in the European setting, similar to how Opel had them, in India. One will get used to it after driving a few kms/days...

Anyway, glad you got to drive the Fabia and liked it too..
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 10:54   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
I own a swift VDI and I happened to drive the Skoda fabia TDI for 400 kms two days back.

Wow it is a amazing car.I will make it short and sweet...

Positives

*Superb ride,suspension.drives well planted even on 140+ and good at curves.
*Lots of space ,but me being a 6 footer ,i knee kept hitting the dash.
*A/C good, but throw was bad and too noisy
*Superb pick us on the hignways and in gears and right from 1200RPM till 3500
* great pick up even on hills

Negatives
* Dash design
* Horn pad too tight to honk
* Seat back adjustment not handy
* wiper switches little confusing..may be am new to this
* pricing
* Too noisy engine - felt like driving a TATA 407

Overall - the initial pick of swift is good ,but after 30km/hr it is Skoda Fabia

Thanks...

Joshguy:
Good to see a review from a Swift owner.

Knee room : You could have avoided the knee room issue by adjusting the seat and the steering (its reach and rake).

Wiper & headlight switches: Fabia's setup will make sure that we keep our right hand mostly on the steering wheel. We often use the headlight & turn signal switch than the wiper switch. So keeping the light swich to the left makes sense. Dont think I'm trying to give a reason, but I really think its a good design.

Engine noise : have to admit. Engine cover could reduce the noise but its not offered in India. But inside the cabin, you hear very less noise.

Fabia is narrower so reaching the seat recline control is tricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolimuttai View Post
Any idea on fabia 1.9 TDI release dates on price range?
AFAIK, its 'kolimuttai' (0).
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 17:25   #1609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I* Too noisy engine - felt like driving a TATA 407
Overall - the initial pick of swift is good ,but after 30km/hr it is Skoda Fabia
Does the Fabia have sound insulation blanket under the hood?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 22:11   #1610
Senior - BHPian

@ madrash , K_ajay

I perfectly understand the reason for having the indicators in the left and i have driven astra and fords too.

What i tried to say was that the wiper operation wasnt simple for a first timer.

I switched on the wiper and suddenly even the rear wiper starter and we didnt know how to stop it.

Any ways that was only my idea about it and am not finding fault with it..

Am just waiting to put in a new silent engine in fabia which would take off i20 from the competition

Cheers!!!!
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:10   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
@ madrash , K_ajay

I perfectly understand the reason for having the indicators in the left and i have driven astra and fords too.

What i tried to say was that the wiper operation wasnt simple for a first timer.

I switched on the wiper and suddenly even the rear wiper starter and we didnt know how to stop it.

Any ways that was only my idea about it and am not finding fault with it..

Am just waiting to put in a new silent engine in fabia which would take off i20 from the competition

Cheers!!!!
Joshguy:
This happened to me when I took the car out of the showroom. Instead of indicator I switched on the wiper and in the process of stopping it, I switched on the rear wiper too. Both the wipers stuck with the decorative ribbon tied at the showroom. Finally called the sales guy and was able to stop the wipers. Now I'm used to it.
Old 6th August 2009, 15:42   #1612
Senior - BHPian

guys how are the fabia's treating you? by now many of you have owned them for over a year - anything to report?

A friend of mine is interested in purchasing a fabia and due to the latest unfold of events skoda aren't very popular on t-bhp. However he really likes the car and is hell-bent on owning one.

I have a few questions:

- How is the ride after 1 year of usage?
- Reliability - can the car be trusted?
- How does the age carry - in terms of looks, fit-n-finish, engine, gearbox etc.

Also a question to chennai fabia/skoda owners:

- What is gurudev like? are they competent? any issues with their pricing, servicing etc. Just overall, how are they?

cheers
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 23:51   #1613
BHPian

Had an interesting experience today early morning going to the airport and back.

When I left home the available range showed 80km. at about 10km in the reserve light came on. I knew that the mileage will increase when on the airport road, so thought I'll fill up while returning. This was at 3:30am, the available range still at 80.

I drove cruising at 80 as far as possible with the AC on and by the time I got to the airport (32kms later), the available range dropped to 60. The onboard computer showed 5.8l/100km.

Coming back I switched the AC off and again cruised at 80. The on board computer slowly climbed to 4.7l/100km (almost 21.25km/l), and I reached the shell pump 24kms from the airport with the available range still showing 50!

My overall to date has been 10-10.5kmpl with 25% highway at 8700kms now. The trip really showed the potential of hypermile driving, with the 1.4 petrol. I think in ideal conditions (straight flat road, no bumps, 80-90kph), the car can do upwards of 25kpl, given the airport road is pretty bouncy and has some curves and slow areas in between.
nipunkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 15:26   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
I have a few questions:

- How is the ride after 1 year of usage?
- Reliability - can the car be trusted?
- How does the age carry - in terms of looks, fit-n-finish, engine, gearbox etc.

Also a question to chennai fabia/skoda owners:

- What is gurudev like? are they competent? any issues with their pricing, servicing etc. Just overall, how are they?

cheers
anekho:
Its been more than a year. I bought my baby on 7th July 2008 and driven almost 20K KMs. It still feels new. If your friend looks for build quality, comfort, space there is no other hatch that can match Fabia in India. Except engine noise (mine is a diesel) there is no other complaint I have. Its very reliable, best in class fit n finish and gear box.

I don't favour the dealer Gurudev motors. I don't have any horror story but definitely I dont like their service. Being the sole dealer in Chennai, they never care about the customers. As every one aware the maintenance cost is on the higher side.
Old 19th August 2009, 07:09   #1615
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
anekho:
Its been more than a year. I bought my baby on 7th July 2008 and driven almost 20K KMs. It still feels new. If your friend looks for build quality, comfort, space there is no other hatch that can match Fabia in India. Except engine noise (mine is a diesel) there is no other complaint I have. Its very reliable, best in class fit n finish and gear box.

I don't favour the dealer Gurudev motors. I don't have any horror story but definitely I dont like their service. Being the sole dealer in Chennai, they never care about the customers. As every one aware the maintenance cost is on the higher side.
HoH mee too. I got this in April 2008. My Diesel elegance rocks. I love every long drive i go. I am from chennai too.. and as MadRash said, I hate the service of Gurudev, now even more because their service is situated outside the city, earlier in anna salai.

Fabia is a Mini Tank on the roads.
mikemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 19:19   #1616
BHPian

guys i went through the skoda website and some wierd stuff is posted on it.

just go through the skoda website again. in fabia section. it has this buy link. it gives you the prices and specs and features. here is where things look akward.

but i think some of them are totally wrong. or i am out of the loop about changes skoda has made to fabia specs and features.

what i noticed particularly was the 1.4 petrol was only engine in specs.what about the 1.2 petrol?? and the active version has power windows? whatt!! lolz since when. something is wrong!!!. someone enlighten me whats going on!!.

Last edited by Caramelo : 26th August 2009 at 19:21.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 20:09   #1617
Senior - BHPian

either they have not updated the page since a long time (but it came up recently only) or their new cars coming from the VW plant have these features. Needs to be confirmed.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:03   #1618
BHPian

Default Interiors for my fabia

Hi fellow Fabia owners, I have purchased mine 1.2 HTP elegance in May. Have done 8000 Km and have got mileage of around 13l/km. Must say its a totally different experience driving a Fabia, compared to what else I have driven, in gear pick-up from the small 1.2 is just amazing. I wanted to know from you guys what are the best options for Fabia seat covers as mine is with beige interiors, which tends to get dirty easily. If you all can recommend me something in Delhi, it would be great.....
911varun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 19:51   #1619
BHPian

Hi to All the Fabiosis!!! ...its been a long time since I have been through these pages - have been mostly travelling and the blog's blocked in my office n/w.
My Fabia has finished more than a year now and clocked almost 20K kms...still going good and the honeymoon seems to continue forever...Have been reading a lot of posts about mileage decreasing over time...however, I have been consistently getting 17-18 kmpl with regular drives - and in one case of a long highway roadtrip across Kerala I got almost 24kmpl!!
rakesh_raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 18:39   #1620
BHPian

Hi, I bought a Fabia 1.2L petrol this March. Have covered 9500kms till date and am planning to get the first service done this weekend. I am getting about 12.5km/l in city and about 15kms/L on the highways. Will keep you posted about the performance after the first service.
Madan Gopal is offline   Reply With Quote