Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th December 2009, 10:22   #1636
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
With non stop bashing {Read as -from non skoda owners} here on SKODA after sales service its bound to happen
Give us a break, will ya! We bash Skoda's service and management, but not the cars. It will do you good to spend some time searching through the forum, and see what we have to say for (as an example) the Superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
If I am not wrong, the fabulous (pun intended) activity that was going on this thread for so long, was actually formally 'discouraged'.
A request was made and imposed, asking users to maintain separate ownership threads for each car. That's the system followed for every other car, I don't see why it should be any different here.

Simple question : What is more useful?

1. 15 different ownership threads that allow you to sort (easily) by owner, individual car, engine its running etc.

2. A mega 1,000 post thread covering all 15 cars together. To find information, you'd have to search through 60 pages.

I'm sorry but we cannot allow a common ownership thread for multiple cars. Best for each car / owner to maintain his own thread.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 15:30   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madan Gopal View Post
The service interval for Fabia was earlier 10000kms.
After the launch of Punto which has a service interval of 15000kms, Skoda has changed it for Fabia also to 15000kms. Fabia has a service interval of 10000 miles in Europe as per info in Topgear website.
10000 miles means it is around 16000 kms. isnt'it?
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 14:38   #1638
BHPian

Today I had some spurt of fumes from under the bonnet of my Fabia TDI elegance, which has done about 15K KM going to be 2yrs this april. Not sure what the issue is. There has been some intermittent grinding noise at some intervals and there has been spits of black fumes. The Gurudev helpline came and took my car in about 3 hours. Still waiting for the call to figure out what issue that could be. Will keep the forum posted.
mikemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 11:29   #1639
BHPian

Default Still no calls.

It is almost 24hrs that the helpline took my car. There is no call from them. Called the Arumbakkam service center, and he says he replaced my RPM Needle and Coolant. When I said that my car was taken because there was a smoke under the bonnet, he did not have an answer, just mentioned that the engineers are looking in to it. Super hatch seems to have a super service issues. I am still trying to reach the service center at Arumbakkam and awaiting a call from them.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:49   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
It is almost 24hrs that the helpline took my car. There is no call from them. Called the Arumbakkam service center, and he says he replaced my RPM Needle and Coolant. When I said that my car was taken because there was a smoke under the bonnet, he did not have an answer, just mentioned that the engineers are looking in to it. Super hatch seems to have a super service issues. I am still trying to reach the service center at Arumbakkam and awaiting a call from them.
I got a call and some informative service advisor called. Seems that some fan motor is gone and would be replaced on warranty. This is a good news. I am to take delivery of the car tomorrow.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:51   #1641
BHPian

Hope ur car gets through this tough period without much after-effects.
I can only wish you good luck mate.

I find myself in similar situation when my Apple Laptop needs any repair and I know that my laptop and phone balance is at risk.
cool.aquarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 14:18   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A request was made and imposed, asking users to maintain separate ownership threads for each car. That's the system followed for every other car, I don't see why it should be any different here.

Simple question : What is more useful?
I understand where you are coming from. And it is the general trend seen for most cars/threads for ownership reports.

But someone's apple may be someone else's orange.

We do have a few threads on the forum dedicated to just a 'car model' right? Like the Linea niggles thread, one on the OHC technical issues, one on Zen modifications and the Zen maintenance.
They are all very good sources of a lot of good information of a car (& not necessarily having individual ownership). This Fabia thread had grown into something larger than just a short or long term ownership thread. And I dont mean size wise here

Quote:
1. 15 different ownership threads that allow you to sort (easily) by owner, individual car, engine its running etc.
This carries a likelyhood of having near similiar content in such individual threads and not much value based 'activity'. Most of these individual ownership threads will have a few posts to start with and then eventually die down over time. Stress here is on the word 'most', not all.

Quote:
2. A mega 1,000 post thread covering all 15 cars together. To find information, you'd have to search through 60 pages.
You have seen the difference such a thread creates.
This thread itself is a great example. All Fabia owners are sharing their thoughts, issues and updates with each other almost real time. It definately was very helpful and valuable to them (thats what matters, correct?).

It almost creates a car model 'Bible' of sorts. Anyone who is looking for some information on Fabia on this forum knows exactly which thread to look at and where to ask a question, to get a guranteed quick response.

Edit: But yes, off topic discussions, random scenic pictures, 'meet' related chats can be avoided.

Quote:
I'm sorry but we cannot allow a common ownership thread for multiple cars. Best for each car / owner to maintain his own thread.
Change is tough, but, at times it is for the better.

Last edited by jigbarai : 20th January 2010 at 14:36.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 15:27   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
But someone's apple may be someone else's orange.

Change is tough, but, at times it is for the better.
Sir, no point discussing this now. Most have moved on and i rarely find them here. This was a valuable thread about the fabia but was killed due to the common rules. Isn't it funny. We bring in rules to maintain a common quality and then we see that rules just don't accommodate quality of a new kind!!
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:31   #1644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool.aquarian View Post
Hope ur car gets through this tough period without much after-effects.
I can only wish you good luck mate.

I find myself in similar situation when my Apple Laptop needs any repair and I know that my laptop and phone balance is at risk.
Thanks Friend. This morning I took delivery of my Vehicle. They have changed the Electric Fan I beleive and this was under warranty. So no charges.

I think the issue with the service center was that they are pretty over loaded.

I am not sure how an Electric Fan would fail in about 15K kilometers.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:32   #1645
BHPian

@mikemba -

Good to see your issue resolved, in a reasonable time i suppose.
Sometime things can go wrong my friend, fan/motor/electronics etc..
That is why we have 'warranty' and no guarantee, not just in cars, but all consumer goods. Like a ceiling fan for example.

The key here is if they successfully solved a problem, in a satisfactory/respectable manner and a reasonable time - with correctly justified cost.
jigbarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 17:06   #1646
BHPian

Well I have a question to the owners of Fabia car.
1. did you car come with 4 speakers or 2 speakers, which variant you own.
2. what all standard fittaments did you get.
3. does your car have ABS, MSR, EBC.
sales guy claims that the Classic variant comes with 2 speakers (so do all other variants according to him).
he also says that ABS, MSR, EBC are on offer for the Classic Variant.
The offical skoda website sings a different tune.
it says the while it has four speakers ABS, MSR, EBC have gone absconding.
if anyone can come forward with a clarification, it'll be highly valued and of full appreciation.
aviral2122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 22:37   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
Well I have a question to the owners of Fabia car.
1. did you car come with 4 speakers or 2 speakers, which variant you own.
2. what all standard fittaments did you get.
3. does your car have ABS, MSR, EBC.
sales guy claims that the Classic variant comes with 2 speakers (so do all other variants according to him).
he also says that ABS, MSR, EBC are on offer for the Classic Variant.
The offical skoda website sings a different tune.
it says the while it has four speakers ABS, MSR, EBC have gone absconding.
if anyone can come forward with a clarification, it'll be highly valued and of full appreciation.
Do not trust the sales guy. Ask them for the brochure. It has all the information you need. ABS and MSR were present only in Ambiente and Elegance (not sure if they added it in the classic recently). All the speakers are in the front only, no rear speakers. The Ambiente version has many more cool features over the Classic version.
examples:
  • heated and elec ovrms
  • both front seat hieght adjustable
  • you can open/close windows from outside by rotating the key in the key hole.
  • fog lamps
  • dual rate brake assist
  • ABS
  • MSR
  • split rear seat
  • rear reading lamps
  • vanity mirror in sun visor
  • remote keyless entry
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 22:53   #1648
BHPian

thank you for your humble opinion,
the brochure currently available with the showroom doesn't currentlyshow the diffrences between the variants.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:12   #1649
BHPian

Default Fabia questionnaire

well one more query comes your way,

a customer who bought a fabia 1.2 active, was given the delivery of his car in front of me, what actually happened was that the showroom dealer handed him the two keys of car to him but kept the so called key ring with the numbers and bar code printed on it which is used to replace the keys if they get damaged or lost (the white plastic piece i believe) with themseleves claiming that it has to be kept with us.

when i asked the customer if he had taken finance options or paid in full cash (just curiosity) he told me that he had paid in full cash.

if any one has any experiences to share if the dealer is true or is there something the customer needed to be more concerned about.

with thanks.
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:11   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
well one more query comes your way,

a customer who bought a fabia 1.2 active, was given the delivery of his car in front of me, what actually happened was that the showroom dealer handed him the two keys of car to him but kept the so called key ring with the numbers and bar code printed on it which is used to replace the keys if they get damaged or lost (the white plastic piece i believe) with themseleves claiming that it has to be kept with us.

when i asked the customer if he had taken finance options or paid in full cash (just curiosity) he told me that he had paid in full cash.

if any one has any experiences to share if the dealer is true or is there something the customer needed to be more concerned about.

with thanks.
Aviral,

That is not true in the least of it.. Please inisist in getting the keys and the plastic key ring tagged to the Key fobs set. I did receive my key fobs with the plastic ring & barcode label..

I don't reckon the dealership has any use for them; it's the customers rather that should guard it safely, if required at a later date..
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote