Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd March 2010, 22:20   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Sir, no point discussing this now. Most have moved on and i rarely find them here. This was a valuable thread about the fabia but was killed due to the common rules. Isn't it funny. We bring in rules to maintain a common quality and then we see that rules just don't accommodate quality of a new kind!!
Gemit,

The key reason the active members moved on is because the internet is here to facilitate what we like and how we like to do something, rather than to be pressed into following methods that don't appeal to the larger interests of those that were highly active in the thread.

I agree with Jignesh [jigbarai] when he says Netchef's [and our] thread actually grew into 'something larger' than just an ownership thread; we'd made it into almost a one-stop shop for Fabia experience. Not particularly limited to one person's car experience or a few members'. I think that did not particularly fit in with the board's rules. But it's ok, we don't complain.

Since they [that includes me] did not mean any disrespect to TBHP nor have plans to continue in a way that goes against TBHP rules, we decided to take out conversations to another online haven where we could continue the activities and discussions as we preferred. That's all.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 22:21   #1652
BHPian

Default Noise from Fabia and tyre worn out

Greetings!!!!

Its been two years with my fabia. I have an 1.4 Diesel Elegance model. She has done around 30000km as of today. Vehicle is good just the power windows switches gets replaced in every service.

I have been experiencing a problem these days. I am getting a thud noise when turn my steering slightly and plus my front two tyre have worn out completely. Planning to replace them with Micheline tyre. Would like to know which series to go for a comfortable ride. And any of you have been experiencing the thud noise from the car?

Regards

Ronny
ronnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 08:09   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Greetings!!!!

Its been two years with my fabia. I have an 1.4 Diesel Elegance model. She has done around 30000km as of today. Vehicle is good just the power windows switches gets replaced in every service.

I have been experiencing a problem these days. I am getting a thud noise when turn my steering slightly and plus my front two tyre have worn out completely. Planning to replace them with Micheline tyre. Would like to know which series to go for a comfortable ride. And any of you have been experiencing the thud noise from the car?

Regards

Ronny
maybe something could be wrong with the axle. get both your axle's checked asap. also why do you need to change the power windows every now and then?
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 10:25   #1654
BHPian

Well will do that immideiately but the power windows switches is so absurd that the glass goes down but does not come up, so every time i take it they replace me the switches.... Till now fine bcos of warranty i dont know whats gonna happen after warranty. Any new schemes of upgrading the warranty???
ronnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 11:09   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Greetings!!!!

I am in a process of Finalizing between Polo, Punto and Fabia. It would be great if you can share the positive and negative side of Skoda service, and Fabia.
kadri007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:05   #1656
BHPian

I got a call from Skoda guys, they have set up regional offices to look after the service deliveries from dealers and are giving assurance of their service being improved from earlier days.

It would be good if Fabia owners can update on thier current condition of cars and has things changed in Skoda dealership's.

Has anyone completed 30K KMS, how has been the experience.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:55   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I got a call from Skoda guys, they have set up regional offices to look after the service deliveries from dealers and are giving assurance of their service being improved from earlier days.

It would be good if Fabia owners can update on thier current condition of cars and has things changed in Skoda dealership's.

I have completed 50k on my fabia and trust me skoda has the worst after sales service. I will never recommend a skoda to you. But unfortunately there are people who are happy with the service which I find very surprising

If you have to change any part under warranty they will take their own sweet time. But if you have have to pay money for that particular part they will be more than happy to replace the part because they make money out of it, whereas under warranty they dont gain anything, hence the disinterest.

And they worst of all the time they take to do things
liner4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 18:06   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
I have completed 50k on my fabia and trust me skoda has the worst after sales service. I will never recommend a skoda to you. But unfortunately there are people who are happy with the service which I find very surprising

If you have to change any part under warranty they will take their own sweet time. But if you have have to pay money for that particular part they will be more than happy to replace the part because they make money out of it, whereas under warranty they dont gain anything, hence the disinterest.

Thanks a lot liner4U. Which version do you have. How is the car after 50K KMS doing.

Off late there are no much updates happening on Skoda Fabia. How is the car performing now. What are the issues faced would help all to know better about the car.

How much have you been spending on the service annually.

How do yopu find the service when compared to the Tata's.
Old 5th May 2010, 18:11   #1659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you have to change any part under warranty they will take their own sweet time. But if you have have to pay money for that particular part they will be more than happy to replace the part because they make money out of it,
That's the story of any dealer in any industry !!

Can you elaborate on what kind of parts we are talking about?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 14:16   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
That's the story of any dealer in any industry !!

Can you elaborate on what kind of parts we are talking about?
Quote:
Thanks a lot liner4U. Which version do you have. How is the car after 50K KMS doing.

Off late there are no much updates happening on Skoda Fabia. How is the car performing now. What are the issues faced would help all to know better about the car.

How much have you been spending on the service annually.

How do yopu find the service when compared to the Tata's.

You will be amazed at the parts I have changed so far in my car under warranty.
1. AC compressor along with Radiator fan - time 2 weeks
2. Remote lock on the driver door and boot. - 2 days
3. Left speaker - 4 days !!!!!!
4. AC Blower motor - (3 days to find out the problem and 3 days to replace it)
5. Driver side power window alignment - 1 day
6. Horn stopped working. some tuning done - 1 day
7. Battery changed - 1 day !!

I don't think you will face so many problems in a car other than skoda.

@Kadri007: To answer you question on service and maintenance
1st check up @5k - free
1st service @ 10k - cost 10k
2nd service @ 20k - cost 8k
3rd service @ 30k - cost 10k
Change of brake pads - 8k @ 33k
4th service @ 42k - 10k
Change of lower arm bush @ 48k - Bush cost 700 labour 2000 total 2.7k
Old 7th May 2010, 14:59   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
You will be amazed at the parts I have changed so far in my car under warranty.
1. AC compressor along with Radiator fan - time 2 weeks
2. Remote lock on the driver door and boot. - 2 days
3. Left speaker - 4 days !!!!!!
4. AC Blower motor - (3 days to find out the problem and 3 days to replace it)
5. Driver side power window alignment - 1 day
6. Horn stopped working. some tuning done - 1 day
7. Battery changed - 1 day !!

I don't think you will face so many problems in a car other than skoda.

@Kadri007: To answer you question on service and maintenance
1st check up @5k - free
1st service @ 10k - cost 10k
Change of brake pads - 8k @ 33k
Change of lower arm bush @ 48k - Bush cost 700 labour 2000 total 2.7k
Thanks a lot Liner. Its really sad to hear your initial experience.

I think You should have seriously filed a case in consumer court for this harrasment.

Are they highering foriegn labours to bill 2K. Its just injustice.
Old 15th May 2010, 06:20   #1662
BHPian

Quote:

I don't think anybody is truely happy with the service, they are merely lucky. Skoda has 2 year warranty on any part replaced. I don't know how much that will help. If the A/C compressor conks off outside the warranty, you will have to pay the price first to avail the further warranty.

Btw, can you share the prices of the replaced parts, even though they were replaced under warranty I think they mention the cost?
Just to prepare myself of what will hit me.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 11:04   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I don't think anybody is truely happy with the service, they are merely lucky. Skoda has 2 year warranty on any part replaced. I don't know how much that will help. If the A/C compressor conks off outside the warranty, you will have to pay the price first to avail the further warranty.

Btw, can you share the prices of the replaced parts, even though they were replaced under warranty I think they mention the cost?
Just to prepare myself of what will hit me.

AC compressor : 45k plus tax
Blower motor: 10k plus tax
Remote locking on door: 4500 + tax
Horn 5k + tax
Battery 2k + tax
Speaker 3000(i think) + tax

If you replace it under warranty no labor is charged. But they will charge you for consumables like ac oil which was 2500 and ac gas which was 1700.
If its not under warranty then labor will burn holes in pocket. They calculate labor with hours taken to do the job and for an hour they have a fixed charge.
Old 15th May 2010, 11:42   #1664
Senior - BHPian

There was always an issue with every AC blower. Almost all the fabias have had their AC blower fixed. I had mine AC Blower fixed twice within 6 months from the purchase which is June 2008.
Have driven 62k kms so far in last 23 months but have not had any issue with the suspension so far. The Matador tyres lasted for good 52k kms. Lately last month had issue with the AC compressor. Where they took 10 days to come to the conclusion that it's the compressor that is faulty. Basically, they check each and every part as per the advice of the Skoda and carry on the work accordingly. For checking every part related to AC they send the log to the Skoda warranty department. After they reply back they go on checking the other part as per the advice. It's this sending the log on the disk and getting the reply is what is frustrating.
It wasn't easy to get the replacement of the compressor and condenser. I had speak to their zonal manager to get my work done.
The policy of Skoda sucks. Either they don't have the part availability or decision to change the part under warranty takes days.
I somehow think it's all political. There could be VW playing some kinda role here. Skoda launched the Fabia with the same petrol and diesel engine that the polo is using. So all the issues the Fabia goes through can be rectified in the Polo. Somehow I think it could be even the parts that are not made easily available to skoda. By which skoda might get bashed up for non-availability of part and eventually dealers land up taking days to rectify the issues.
I was informed by the Manager at the Service dealer that there are many Lauras stranded without AC due to non-availabilty of the part.
My cousins laura took about a month and half in change of compressor and condenser.
I feel unless these policies or the procedure is not changed there will always be an issue with the part.

In the end got the compressor and the condensor changed but it took me 3 weeks to get this thing done all together. It was taken care under warranty, which includes the part, gas charging and labour. The new compressor that's available are from Denso or Sanden against the original Valeo these 2 are more reliable. It seems the new laura and superb comes with the Sanden compressor. Anyways, Apart from this haven't had any major issues with the car.

Last edited by Invinsible : 15th May 2010 at 11:45.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 19:12   #1665
BHPian

Default Fabia at 28K Kms

Quote:

It has more than 2+ years since i am riding Fabia 1.4 TDI. Mine has clocked 28K so far. The issue i faced are
1. Horn blow out
2. AC filter replaced
3. Hand brake channel loosens and hangs if the car bottam hits somewhere due to low ground clearance (3 times)
Other than that it was fine.
1st service - ~5K
2nd service - ~3.5K
so far i have not experienced any other problem. Mileage is around 18Kmpl on average.
Tyres are wearing out very fast need to replace them around 40K for sure. At this stage i am wondering to sell this or hold on to it. How much reliable is the car for long term use say another 8 years or so.? Another 2 years down the line i plan to fix a petes tuning box as well.
fabiarider is offline   Reply With Quote