Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th September 2011, 18:31   #1696
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)

Finalizing on Skoda 1.2 TDi Elegance.

@2cents - which city were these offers in? In Bangalore there are no offers on diesel version. Any pointers on whatever I can wring out of these dealers.

Also in another thread there was a comment on adding 3 features to Elegance model (rear defogger, wiper and 15" alloys) - are any of you guys aware of this "upgrade".

~maniac
serious_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 09:42   #1697
BHPian

@rajcs: It was part of Skoda's 10th anniversary celebration, perhaps not there anymore. I understand the temptation, but I still strongly suggest you to hold till Diwali.
2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 13:57   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
@rajcs: It was part of Skoda's 10th anniversary celebration, perhaps not there anymore. I understand the temptation, but I still strongly suggest you to hold till Diwali.
Guess it was meant for me. Thanks @2cents.

Spoke to my dealer - he nearly confirmed the feature upgrades to all three variants. From what he told, Classic gets front power windows, Ambiente gets all 4 power windows and Elegance gets more kit as well. No news on pricing.

Makes sense to hold on till end Sept / beginning Oct to see the new offers coming up.

~maniac
Old 6th September 2011, 14:08   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
Guess it was meant for me. Thanks @2cents.

Spoke to my dealer - he nearly confirmed the feature upgrades to all three variants. From what he told, Classic gets front power windows, Ambiente gets all 4 power windows and Elegance gets more kit as well. No news on pricing.

Makes sense to hold on till end Sept / beginning Oct to see the new offers coming up.

~maniac
Hi serious_maniac

Did you hear anything about the Fabia 1.6 upgrade? I was hoping that they add the missing features back on the top-end variants. I wanted the rear wiper+washer+defogger AT LEAST on the Fabia.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 14:20   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Hi serious_maniac

Did you hear anything about the Fabia 1.6 upgrade? I was hoping that they add the missing features back on the top-end variants. I wanted the rear wiper+washer+defogger AT LEAST on the Fabia.
On a different thread, "Ritzy" had pointed that Elegance will get rear defogger, wiper and 15" alloys. I think Ritzy is right but dealer did not disclose specific upgrades. He did mention the power windows on Classic & Ambiente.

Also I didnt enquire by the engine variant, but I am assuming that the kit on different trim levels (Classic, Ambinete & Elegance) remain same across the different engines (1.2 TDi, 1.2 HTP, 1.6).

My reco - hold on for a few days / weeks and some upgrade is surely on the way.

~maniac
Old 6th September 2011, 14:28   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
On a different thread, "Ritzy" had pointed that Elegance will get rear defogger, wiper and 15" alloys. I think Ritzy is right but dealer did not disclose specific upgrades. He did mention the power windows on Classic & Ambiente.

My reco - hold on for a few days / weeks and some upgrade is surely on the way.

~maniac
Thats a good news. Will surely wait for days/months for this upgrade. Its worth it.
Old 21st September 2011, 22:56   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac
Hi All,

I was nearly certain of booking a Jazz but then saw Fabia and really liked the interiors and solid feel - looks like the biggest reason why many have bought Fabia. Of course I have questions on its resale, A$$, fuel efficiency. This thread is long and I have read varying opinions. Can people please answer the following questions:

1. What is the fuel efficiency in city 50-100% AC of 1.2 HTP. I drive 20 km in peak traffic every day (Old Madras Road in Bangalore - one of the wors routes)? What is it on highway?

2. How reliable is 1.2 HTP engine? 1.4 engines have been discussed a lot here but not much on 1.2 HTP engine.

3. A$$ in Blr - I have seen spares list and service costs. Given the service period it comes to ~ Rs. 6000 per 15k km service. How does it compare to Jazz.

4. How is 5th person comfort especially for long drives. I am concerned both with the width and the transmission hump.

5. Anything else that I should look out for.

6. I have a running of ~900km per month. Was thinking of diesel 1.2 CR Ambienet (as it is priced closer to 1.2 HTP Elegance & my budget). What do you guys suggest? What is the response on above items - FE, A$$, spares etc. Also the dealer says that one mayble able to fit rear power windows later once company provides a kit (expected in a few months as said by TAL, Vianayak). Does it seem true?

7. Which dealer in Blr - Vinayak or TAL. Have heard both good and horror stories about both. Have the dealerships, especially A$$ attitudes improved? Sales experience has been good so far.

Lastly, any feeler on resale - though it is not a deal breaker for me as I am expecting to have the car for 5+ years - reason why I am inclined more towards diesel (petrol prices may hit the sky in some time as well as running patterns may change).

Apologies if I sound confused, but am really looking forward for some user inputs to make a decision. Fabia is more from the heart, Jazz is from the head.

thanks,
~maniac
Hi serious, nearly eight months ago, i wagon the verge of plonking down a deposit for a jazz. One ride in a fabia and I booked it. I have had mostly city driving but made about five trips to cbe and back. Trips which took me around nine hours in an innova I managed in seven and less. I can't tell you about the engine as I have a pd diesel. But the ride and drive and confidence in braking are really amazing. So far my interaction with skids has been good. Keeping my fingers crossed for the future. In fact I was so much against skoda, but am now thinking of an upgrade to a yeti. Sathya
psathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:26   #1703
BHPian

I do have a Fabia which is 2008 April 1.4 Deisel. Though the vehicle is amazing, service for the same Sucks big time in Chennai. I am not sure of other cities. So before buying a skoda vehicle be ready for these disappointments. The quality of engineers are pathetic and everytime you need to leave the care 2-3 times to get it rectified.
mikemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:30   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Thats a good news. Will surely wait for days/months for this upgrade. Its worth it.
The wait is over!

[Actually I was searching for this thread just yesterday, but couldn't found it so posted the news on rajcs's Owner-sheep/ship thread (Skoda Fabia 1.6 - Wolf in Sheep's clothing)]

The Rear Defogger/Wiper is there only on Elegance trim.

Name:  newFab.JPG
Views: 2570
Size:  24.7 KB
Source: ŠkodaFabia - Now That's Fab

I must tell you guys, the new 5 variants are disappointing. Skoda has removed Airbags from all the lower/middle variants, only available with Elegance.

Last edited by iSpoke : 22nd September 2011 at 14:36.
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:23   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
The wait is over!

[Actually I was searching for this thread just yesterday, but couldn't found it so posted the news on rajcs's Owner-sheep/ship thread (Skoda Fabia 1.6 - Wolf in Sheep's clothing)]

The Rear Defogger/Wiper is there only on Elegance trim.

Attachment 613353
Source: ŠkodaFabia - Now That's Fab

I must tell you guys, the new 5 variants are disappointing. Skoda has removed Airbags from all the lower/middle variants, only available with Elegance.
I just read through the whole feature list and its atrociously stupid of Skoda. What were they smoking when they thought about this Face-lifted( Face-lifted (Fabia))? Fabia sales had improved a lot after the 1st face-lift. Now they are going to go down again. Not every Indian can afford or would buy the top-end model. Most companies Indian market are slowly moving towards the right direction by providing all security and safety features as standard on all variants (All Honda cars, New Ford Fiesta, and the most recent example Nissan Sunny). Skoda moves the other way. Even worse, no power windows on Active and Ambition variants. Terrible! Now all this could prove to be a deal-breaker for many.

Anyone has any knowledge of the price? Sorry I did not search much for the price info.

EDIT: Does the Fabia 1.6 get the newly added features?
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:29   #1706
BHPian

Here is the ex-showroom price for New Delhi.

Name:  price.JPG
Views: 4602
Size:  29.3 KB

EDIT: The last entry is for Elegance 1.2 TDI.
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:19   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemba
I do have a Fabia which is 2008 April 1.4 Deisel. Though the vehicle is amazing, service for the same Sucks big time in Chennai. I am not sure of other cities. So before buying a skoda vehicle be ready for these disappointments. The quality of engineers are pathetic and everytime you need to leave the care 2-3 times to get it rectified.
Hi Mikemba, I have a skoda fabia, pd tdi. Yet to get to first service, done about 11k in it. Just love the drive in it. Any pointers on what aspects of maintenance I should take care. Thanks. Sathya
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:22   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute

Hi serious_maniac

In fact even though the crdi was out I bought an older model to have this and the other feature of split folding rear seats. Have already been saved taking a bigger vehicle for long pieces on at least ten occasions. Even the fogs are pretty good.
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:30   #1709
BHPian

@ajay 1.6 elegance has all the features listed in website for 1.2 elegance including rear washer, wiper, defogger, 15" alloys and the price hasnt changed. No 60:40 split seats though.

The new stocks will be in post the dealers selling their current inventories (50+ with every dealer).

I have decided to buy the older Elegance as I got mouth watering discounts on it (~45k) and thought the new features arent worth paying 30k for. Skoda & VW group in general is not known for giving cash discounts otherwise.

~maniac
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:55   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Hi Mikemba, I have a skoda fabia, pd tdi. Yet to get to first service, done about 11k in it. Just love the drive in it. Any pointers on what aspects of maintenance I should take care. Thanks. Sathya
Sathya, The first service is generally a sail through because of the quality of the vehicle, I think its only the oil that gets changed and nothing else. Please go at a time when the service station is free, not on weekends. In my opinion arumbakkam was better, but not sure if the team keeps changing. You have long way to go before the trouble starts with Skoda Chennai Service.
mikemba is offline   Reply With Quote