Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th April 2013, 19:50   #1801
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Good to hear that the noise levels have come down. Any info if the update is for all the Fabia's or for vehicles from a particular timeline.

One the vehicle being discontinued, I seriously doubt that, as the next generation Fabia is due for launch next year and could possibly land in India too and hopefully it will have better sales than it's predecessors.
From what i've heard, the software update and spacers are for all tdi Fabia's. You can check with your dealer with the VIN of your car if it is supposed to get these.
There was another update around the seats and the fuel filter too, they too were being replaced depending on the VIN, mine were already fitted with the latest seats so didnt need replacement; the filter was changed. You can check these too.

Oh I really would love to see the next gen here in India, it's definitely on the mission L lines so would be a beauty.

Cheers,
Aayush.
aayushnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 20:58   #1802
BHPian

@aayushnair & @21Archer84: Thank you for the info.

Will update with my experience once am done.
Avid trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:24   #1803
BHPian

Just came across this article. The article talks about the Fabia seen being tested with the new Skoda Logo and Badging near Pune...

http://motoroids.com/news/spotted-sk...seen-in-india/
kunaalsaigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:34   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaalsaigal View Post
Just came across this article. The article talks about the Fabia seen being tested with the new Skoda Logo and Badging near Pune...

http://motoroids.com/news/spotted-sk...seen-in-india/
Interesting! Makes me want to put the pieces together.

The facelifted Fabia is expected in 2014. Yes, it really needs one after the facelift in 2011, which was barely any 'lift' at all except a wider grin on the grille.

The upcoming VW TSI motor could be plonked into the facelifted version. Possible. Considering 2014 is still about 7 months away, this should give the Fabia enough time to see how the TSIs are doing on older brother VW. If not good, maybe like all that introspection that's going on the forum, it's probably end of the road for the Fabia.
mempheS.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 12:46   #1805
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Came across a interesting piece of news yesterday: Skoda to phase out Fabia & exit small car segment in India.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/20115413.cms

After five years of it's launch, Skoda is all set to phase out Fabia from Indian car market due to struggling sales.

Quote - Skoda's spokesperson:
Skoda is in the process of strengthening its model range and as part of this process, we are contemplating a pause in production of the Fabia in India. Skoda's immediate focus is to strengthen presence in the sedan segment with the upcoming launches in 2013/14. The Rapid (sedan) in India was the first model launched as a part of our global 2018 growth strategy and we are happy with its performance, (and) we expect future launches to complement our market share.
Unquote.

Fabia was launched in early 2008 at a premium price as compared to other hatchbacks. Last year sales of the Fabia fell 78% to 3,343 units against 14,936 units in 2011-12. Infact last month, Skoda could only sell 115 units of Fabia.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 08:46   #1806
BHPian

Hi All,

It's very Sad to see the Fabia getting phased out.
But going with the way the sales were going south, it was an expected decision.

I would've still expected a company to not give up in struggling times and show some nerve do something different, to revive a brand than just reducing the price of the car. But alas..

Hope they continue to provide support to us Fabia owners as this would mean a drop in parts availability and eventually a fall in re-sale value.

I'm still hopeful though that they may just introduce the Next-gen Fabia in the coming year.

Cheers,
Aayush.
Old 15th July 2013, 19:23   #1807
BHPian

Rs 15,000 bill for a routine service for a August 2011 Skoda Fabia Petrol run 8,000 Kms

Hello Friends,
Can any of the members who have the petrol Fabia help indicate the amount they pay for the annual service of their cars at the Skoda Dealership?
The reason I ask this is because JMD New Bombay has charged a friend of mine a bill of 15,000 for a routine service. There was no addition problem with the car and it is under warranty!!
Of what I know the bill for the parts and oil is approx INR 6,000 + Taxes, and the balance is for labour charges!!
These kinds of figures are unheard of.. Can any of the Petrol Fabia owners help with their inputs?
Old 15th July 2013, 19:39   #1808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rs 15,000 bill for a routine service for a August 2011 Skoda Fabia Petrol run 8,000 Kms

Hello Friends,
Can any of the members who have the petrol Fabia help indicate the amount they pay for the annual service of their cars at the Skoda Dealership?
The reason I ask this is because JMD New Bombay has charged a friend of mine a bill of 15,000 for a routine service. There was no addition problem with the car and it is under warranty!!
Of what I know the bill for the parts and oil is approx INR 6,000 + Taxes, and the balance is for labour charges!!
These kinds of figures are unheard of.. Can any of the Petrol Fabia owners help with their inputs?
If there are no parts changed, (except Oil and oil Filter) 15k is nothing short of day light robbery.

You can check the service cost online here;
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/pages/se...alculator.aspx

Ideally you shouldn't get more than 8k.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 20:05   #1809
BHPian

Thanks Mi10.. Even I am surprised by the figures. I will get a copy of the invoice tomorrow.

I own a diesel Fabia and the annual routine service has been costed me more than 8,000 - 9,000. I assume service for petrol vehicles should be cheaper..
Old 15th July 2013, 20:51   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
I paid about 8k including tax for 30000km/2yrly service of my Fabia 1.6 a few months back. Labour for service was free. Details are here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...lothing-7.html (Skoda Fabia 1.6 - Wolf in Sheep's clothing)

It's possible your friend has been charged for certain paid service that the Service Centre tries to peddle such as UV treatment, surface refinement etc. I was also offered these and a bit of prodding indicated these were really bogus and not necessary.
Usually owners don't look at the jobs indicated by the SA while handing over the car and thus end up paying more at the end of service.
rajcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 10:26   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Thats quite a bit , my first service touched about 7000 - and i did get some extra work done like dry cleaning , else it would have been closer to 5500.

The most expensive component of the service was the engine oil which came to about 3100 INR.

Quote:
Thanks Mi10.. Even I am surprised by the figures. I will get a copy of the invoice tomorrow.

Last edited by puchoo : 16th July 2013 at 10:30.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 12:09   #1812
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Kunaalsaigal,

Is it possible that your friend did not look at the job card and merely signed it ? I say this because I know for a fact that SA's at JMD will advise useless services and charge a bomb for it. Some of them, like additional car cleaning, brake cleaning etc they just jot down w/o even asking the owner. So one has to really look at the job card and use a fine comb before signing on it.

P.S: I also own a 2011 Skoda Fabia Tdi and I pretty much know how JMD and Skoda service in general works.
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 20:35   #1813
BHPian

Hi,

Please check if you can get a capture of the bill, and upload it. It will rest a lot of questions.

I too have a Fabia (2011 tdi) and the servicing cost has been in the 8-9k range.

Cheers,
Aayush.
Old 6th October 2013, 10:32   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post

The upcoming VW TSI motor could be plonked into the facelifted version. Possible. Considering 2014 is still about 7 months away, this should give the Fabia enough time to see how the TSIs are doing on older brother VW.
With no more Fabias for India planned, wanted to get this doubt clarified for sometime now. Do you think, by any chance the 1.2MPI can be converted to a TSI ? Also, any possibilities of having cruise control plugged into the vehicle? If yes how much would they both cost and the pros and cons. Would like to hear your views.
21Archer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 12:27   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
With no more Fabias for India planned, wanted to get this doubt clarified for sometime now. Do you think, by any chance the 1.2MPI can be converted to a TSI ? Also, any possibilities of having cruise control plugged into the vehicle? If yes how much would they both cost and the pros and cons. Would like to hear your views.
It seems Vagtune, Kochi is offering cruise control for Fabia. May be you could call them up to confirm.

http://vagtune.in/index.php?option=c...category_id=20
rajcs is offline   Reply With Quote