Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th October 2013, 21:01   #1816
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
It seems Vagtune, Kochi is offering cruise control for Fabia. May be you could call them up to confirm.

http://vagtune.in/index.php?option=c...category_id=20
Thanks rajcs. That's quite a package, but not sure if the price is on the higher side, hopefully the cruise control option won't cost a bomb.

I'm not in India right now and can check with them once am back in Jan. However, was checking for other options and found this
http://www.skodaparts.com/product/fa...trol-kit-20835
not sure if local Skoda After sales would help me activate, if at all my car supports it.
Also, Would like to know more about the TSI conversion kit , as that's my primary concern, though am happy with the current performance of the car.
21Archer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 12:55   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Vag also has the monte carlo package available with them , might be tempted to pick up a few things , problem is everything would need to be shipped.

http://www.vagtune.in/index.php?opti...category_id=16
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 15:39   #1818
BHPian

Hello,

So my 2.5 yr old fabia 1.2 tdi elegance needs new break pads and discs.
JMD skoda has quoted around Rs.10,000 and senator motors has quoted Rs. 7500 including labour and VAT.
However according to the service calculator of skoda india's website, the price should be Rs.4614.
I told them that on skoda's website it is listed as 4614 so how can you charge so much. they say these are the prices from skoda to the dealers which I refuse to believe. Now I guess the only option that I have is to go to a workshop with a print out of skoda's official quote and fight it out.
Any suggestions?
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 15:59   #1819
BHPian

That's day light robbery mate!

Please call or email skoda too about such malpractices.

Take a print out as well and see if they budge.

Get a quote from them in writing and you can use this for supporting your cause.

The only other alternative is to take the car too a local garage and these replaced with oem brake pads and discs.

Cheers,
Aayush
aayushnair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 11:41   #1820
BHPian

Hi Sagpatel,

I have recently got my front brake discs and pads changed at Autobhan Skoda's Kurla workshop.

They charged me about INR 8,000 including labour, I guess I made the mistake of not cross checking the prices on the website. I think you should definately take this up with someone senior in the workshop and tell them that you will verify the comment about different dealers charging different prices from Skoda directly.

Another friend on the forum got the discs re machined and got the brake pads replaced from an non-skoda workshop. His total cost came to about INR 3,000. This is the brand of brake pads his service centre used... http://www.textar.com/eu/products-ma...tar-brake-pads)
kunaalsaigal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 17:23   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaalsaigal View Post
Hi Sagpatel,

I have recently got my front brake discs and pads changed at Autobhan Skoda's Kurla workshop.

They charged me about INR 8,000 including labour, I guess I made the mistake of not cross checking the prices on the website. I think you should definately take this up with someone senior in the workshop and tell them that you will verify the comment about different dealers charging different prices from Skoda directly.

Another friend on the forum got the discs re machined and got the brake pads replaced from an non-skoda workshop. His total cost came to about INR 3,000. This is the brand of brake pads his service centre used... http://www.textar.com/eu/products-ma...tar-brake-pads)
Hi. Thanks for the information. Do you happen to have more information on the non-skoda workshop that your friend went to?
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 16:27   #1822
BHPian

HI,

Unfortunately this friend is not based in Mumbai and had got the work done from a workshop in Sangli. His mechanic had sourced the mentioned parts from Opera House Mumbai.

Recently another friend of mine got work on his Toyota Corolla Altis from Orix Service Centre at Andheri East. He was pretty happy with their work, here is the website. You could explore the option http://www.orixindia.com/servicecentre.aspx

Regards,
Kunaal
kunaalsaigal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 17:11   #1823
BHPian

My Fabia petrol is about 4.5 years old and has done 60,000 kms.
I have changed brake pads at average intervals of about 17-18 K kms and have changed the disc once so far. I vaguely remember the cost being about Rs 7500.
If the local mechanic does not do a good job of machining the disc, it could affect the braking efficiency even with new pads.
Madan Gopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2013, 14:05   #1824
BHPian

Need some inputs:
1. After what interval is throttle body cleaning to be done? Does it really cost @Rs. 1000?
2. After what interval is Cowl top cleaning needed? Does it cost @Rs. 1500?
3. Skoda authorized workshop has provided an estimate for additional @Rs. 1000 for consumables & concentrates which are not mentioned in the service calculator listed on skoda website. Have any of you experienced the same?

thanks,
Avid trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 13:08   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid trekker View Post
Need some inputs:

thanks,
Are you the same Avid trekker from IndiaMike? Just had to ask.

Secondly for the other folks out here: I am looking at picking up a used diesel Skoda Fabia Ambition +, 2012 model with about 15k on the odo. The guy's asking about 5.3. What should I give? The Ambition + looks like a barebones model - no ABS/airbags or anything right? Just tilt steering.

Does it make sense to get a used Fabia at this price now?
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 14:14   #1826
BHPian

Hi ppl,

Looks like a great thread about experiences with Fabia!!
Had a couple of concerns.

I have a Fabia Ambient Petrol, above 5 years with around 26.9K kms.
I love its performance and sturdiness to be able to go through all kinds of tracks, though I feel its best when on highways!!

Coming to my queries.
I have been getting the brake pad warning since about a month (started at ~26.6K kms).
From searches on this thread, it appears 26K to 27K is the reading various folks have had this change done.
I was just wondering whether they bring up the warning signal based upon brake pad condition or its just the kms its programmed upon. Any insights?
Didn't get time in between to get it replaced, but I didn't feel much discomfort driving the car either.

However looks like I would have to get the Skoda service guys to look it up soon. Earlier today the engine didn't start up at all while I tried to key it up for my office.
The battery seems fine, as headlights & other indications are working OK. Not quite sure, this is the first time it has happened in all of its driving.
Any suggestions to try are welcome.

-Deepankar
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 14:34   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid trekker View Post
2. Understand wear & tear of brake pads is a normal phenomenon. But, what is the typical shelf life for front brake discs & brake pad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Cost charged for Brake Pads- Rs. 3814.84(set of 2) and Brake Disc - Rs.1932.11(each) excluding labour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
Thats really weird my Brake pad part no is 6R0698151A and total cost of the pads was Rs. 2296/- including labor and vat!!
Folks, anyone having idea about recent quotes/charges for brake pads?
Mine is pre-facelift version if that makes a difference.
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 16:06   #1828
BHPian

Look up under service cost calculator on skoda india website.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/Service-Cost-Calculator
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 13:44   #1829
Senior - BHPian

I would peg a set in the region of about 1800-2000 INR or so. A set of Bosch front disk sets for the fabia come around this range depending on where you buy get them from for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Folks, anyone having idea about recent quotes/charges for brake pads?
Mine is pre-facelift version if that makes a difference.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 13:55   #1830
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread to see if I can get any answers / suggestions to some problems I am facing with my Skoda Fabia.

My Skoda Fabia (1.4 TDI) has run 94000 kms as of now and it is a daily runner. The Fabia has always been serviced at the Skoda authorized service centres and I have never faced any major issues till date. About 10000 kms back - I got the timing belt/chain and water pump replaced at the ASC as part of the preventive maintenance schedule.

Suddenly over the last 15 days multiple issues cropped up (I would believe it is coincidental that all these things happened at the same time).

Issue 1) - About 2 weeks back - as I pulled the bonnet release lever to open the bonnet with a view to top up the windshield washer fluid, the lever became free. The connection to the release hook snapped and I was unable to open the bonnet. I made a mental note to go to a service centre and get this fixed as this was a minor issue and not important enough to merit immediate attention

Issue 2) - About 3 days back, as I walked towards my car in the morning to start my daily office routine, I noticed 3-4 drops of oil which had dropped from the engine sump onto the parking area. Upon further inspection, found the underside of the sump wet with oil and the slow seepage had taken place overnight. After ascertaining that the seepage was slow, drove the car to office and back and set an appointment with a Bosch mulitbrand service centre nearby for the next day (as the Skoda ASC is about 20 kms from my residence).

Issue 3) - Reached the Service centre and the Fabia was lifted up on the jack for inspection. Apart from the oil sump leak, noticed that the front right side drive shaft was also wet with oil seepage - this was not connected to the engine oil leak and was a separate issue.

The service centre guys later informed me that the engine oil leak was from the 'crank case gasket' area. And also that one drive shaft required replacement.

Since then - After I gave them the go ahead for the repairs, it has been two days and the service centre guys have been unable to open the bonnet till now!!(due to Issue 1 described above). The latest is that the service manager mentioned that he is going to get his tinkerer today and figure out how to open the bonnet.

This is self driven car and thus I cannot attribute any of the above issues to rough driving, underbody impact etc. To be it seems to be a case of normal wear and tear.

Need your views on :
1) Any Bhpain faced a similar situation?
2) Views on whether the issues described above could be attributed to any other root cause?
3) Is there is simple way to pop the bonnet lid if the release lever mechanism fails?

Attaching a couple of pics of the underbody - to give you folks and idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-image-1.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-image-2.jpg  

Last edited by Rajeev1 : 20th September 2014 at 13:59.
Rajeev1 is offline   Reply With Quote