Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th May 2008, 21:13   #256
VKJ
BHPian

All: Pls. ignore my earlier post. thnks.
Mods: pls delete my earlier post. thnks.
Guys pls. suggest:
1. Options to go for the Sun film.
a. V-cool for the front windshield and Llumar for the sides and rear.
b. Llumar for all sides.
2. Installation at the dealer's place versus any other authorized v-cool/Llumar dealer(Infracool;Tintmart...) P.S. I am thinking, since the rear side has the defogger, so if something goes wrong (God forbid....Touchwood) i can hold the dealer responsible. I am not sure who does the installation job, it will be mostly done by the dealer's service guy trained for this i suppose so...
3. Regarding floor mats, which is better in terms of durability and maintenance? Fabric or Rubber
4. Whether to go for sill stripes or not? how useful are they?
5. Any other protective stripes(door/bumper/rear)? it comes with side one's.
6. How good is the horn for b'lore traffic? should we go for additional one?
7. How about a spoiler(front/rear/side)? If so, I would like to see any pics pls.
Thanks so much....
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 01:52   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Guys pls. suggest:
b. Llumar for all sides.
2. Installation at the dealer's place versus any other authorized v-cool/Llumar dealer(Infracool;Tintmart...) P.S. I am thinking, since the rear side has the defogger, so if something goes wrong (God forbid....Touchwood) i can hold the dealer responsible. I am not sure who does the installation job, it will be mostly done by the dealer's service guy trained for this i suppose so...
3. Regarding floor mats, which is better in terms of durability and maintenance? Fabric or Rubber
7. How about a spoiler(front/rear/side)? If so, I would like to see any pics pls.
Thanks so much....
1. i think you should go for vkool fon the whole car

2. car shringhar on he deals with vkool sun film , my cousin got his from this place and the guy there he had good knowledge on everything

3. whats wrong with the current floor mats ?

4. i don't know what sill stripes are

5. don't ever go for this it will spoil the looks of the car and it makes it look cheap

6. the fabis's honk is wonderful why do you want to change it ?

7. A spoiler comes on the rear of the car for more down force its useful when your taking a corner at high speeds , the others are knows as side skirts or body kits.....i suggest you not go for these.Give me some time coz my cousin is getting these pods for the car to host the fog lamps.....i will post the like of that tomorrow

Last edited by chetan : 9th May 2008 at 01:54.
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 08:41   #258
VKJ
BHPian

Chetan, Thanks so much, i will consider your inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Yes, i heard V-Kool is a good brand compared to Llumar, 3M i guess, so is the price "Thale Bele" ;-)

2. car shringhar on he deals with vkool sun film , my cousin got his from this place and the guy there he had good knowledge on everything
Pls. let me know the contact details.

I was said that the new one does not come with any!!! that's why!!! Let me know, if this is not the case, i will check with my dealer.

Elegance & Functionality - SkodaAuto Accessories

5. don't ever go for this it will spoil the looks of the car and it makes it look cheap
My driving is lil crazy, I thought of overprotecting my beauty for any untoward incidents ;-(

No, i meant should i go for additional one for b'lore janta! you know how adamant they are ;-((

7. A spoiler comes on the rear of the car for more down force its useful when your taking a corner at high speeds , the others are knows as side skirts or body kits.....i suggest you not go for these.Give me some time coz my cousin is getting these pods for the car to host the fog lamps.....i will post the like of that tomorrow
Eagerly awaiting for the pics.
Old 9th May 2008, 09:50   #259
BHPian

Quote:

Any reason for using Vkool for the whole car? Isn't it one of the most expensive brands?
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 10:46   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
parichay: That's a reasonable price parichay and where I'm coming from is I paid nearly 5K for my HiDesign jacket that has but a fraction of the leather. Besides, I'd no clue Stanley operated as far as Cochin. The gent who owns Stanley rides with our group and will be happy to know he's done a Fabia.
Bit expensive for me, sad to say.
They have done a good job. It's changed the complete ambience inside the car (its a 1.4 tdi classic )

Quote:
I second that joslicx. What colour? Oops, redundant if you post pics as we'll be able to see for ourselves.

Pics coming up in the next couple of days. The previous ones I took were in low light conditions and do not really do justice to it.
parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 11:08   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Guys pls. suggest:
b. Llumar for all sides.
Thanks so much....

VKJ: Wish I could help, but you have more knowledgeable gentlemen...

Quote:

like Monsieur Chetan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Any reason for using Vkool for the whole car? Isn't it one of the most expensive brands?
and Monsieur CBlazer.

I'll just sit back and assimilate the advice they dish out, thanks very much.

I too was considering applying some sort of sun control to cut glare and chiefly reduce in-cabin heating to make the A/C more efficient.
The prices you hear will influence my decision.

Can comment on 2 points, though.

On the Mat
My car came with most inappropriate woollen mats that seem to attract dust and sand more efficiently than a vacuum cleaner. And they get horribly messy in the rains. Made me figure that owning two sets would be the ideal solution. One- probably of rubber or plastic - for the monsoon season, and another set of any material of your choice, for the summer.
I'd choose the latter basis factors like ease of maintenance, comfort underfoot, aesthetics, acoustics and suchlike, whereas the first would be for their core attributes of moisture and dirt manageability.

Goldie Horn
As horns go, the Fabia's horn is most inadequate IMO. But, with the noise pollution on our roads going where it has, this would absolutely be the LAST item I would upgrade. The very last.

Good luck, Sir.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 11:14   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
yes its very expensive it costed 27 grand .....but it stays cool no matter how long you keep the car under the sun , lets just say it stays 97% cool
Old 9th May 2008, 11:20   #263
BHPian

Quote:
yes its very expensive it costed 27 grand .....but it stays cool no matter how long you keep the car under the sun , lets just say it stays 97% cool
chetan: I am equally amazed at both those figures. 27K is steep by my standards, and 97% is VERY VERY impressive. It should reduce your fuel bill in the long run, don't you think? I wonder how long it would take to recover that outlay.
Old 9th May 2008, 13:16   #264
BHPian

Default Regarding the sun film

You'll find a lot of information in the following threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-sun-film.html (Sun Film)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...n-sunfilm.html (Front windscreen sunfilm?) (Front windscreen sunfilm?)
Old 9th May 2008, 13:56   #265
BHPian

Quote:
chetan: I am equally amazed at both those figures. 27K is steep by my standards, and 97% is VERY VERY impressive. It should reduce your fuel bill in the long run, don't you think? I wonder how long it would take to recover that outlay.
you are right. Or else you can for for vkool on the front and lumar or 3m on the sides like VKJ mentioned

Last edited by chetan : 9th May 2008 at 13:59.
Old 9th May 2008, 17:52   #266
BHPian

sorry people for a late entry into this forum, was a bit busy, I got my Fabia 1.4 Tdi Elegance on the 30th of april, have run about 300 km since, (had many other appointments, will be free mid week, n ill finish about 1000 by sunday).
since netchef is so good at giving you the details of his car, ill just fill in some info and add whats relevant to the Elegance.

1) about mileage: when i got the car from the dealer, it showed me 20L/100 km, that would be 5kmpl now that im driving it, the figure has come down to 8l/100 km, but ive run it only 300km, ill reset the mileage indicator, and set a new trip today, so ill know, but on an average, it looks like about 15-16kmpl, since the distance to pump indicator shows 700km to refuel, im also pushing the car quite hard, (not above 3000 rpm) and its quite a rocket..with a little toning down of the style, i can expect about 17, and the manual says itll improve even more after 1500km

2) Sunfilm and accessories: Im not getting anything in, except v-kool premium, 94% front, 92% sides, just like all our other cars, itll cost 20k, its worth the money cuz u never have to put any towels of newspapers on long drives when the sun starts burning.. u also never have to run the AC on the coolest setting (not that i have to even without this in the fabia - its usually at about 20 degrees in the afternoon and 22 in the evening)

3) the speakers are sufficiently loud and crisp in the front, you could get an extra set from the dealer.

4) the car is a pleasure to drive, it corners quite well.. not tried any stunts yet, but i took a turn at t-junction yesterday going 70, and it really felt like i could even do that at 120, it was too easy and too well composed...

5) the brakes are confident though they still need some running in according to the manual

6) ive been driving with the sun-roof closed but the inner cover open, it really makes u feel nice n open.

7) when the car was new, the engine was very very loud, you could wake up all ur neighbours with it, but after it crossed 200, its much better, and it gets silent everyday i drive it, yesterday i waited with my engine on next to my girlfriend's swift D, and even when she switched it off, it felt like her car was still on... then i realised its my car thats making the sound, echoing off the buildings, ofcourse, close the windows and you'r in heaven, its great fun to drive, we're loving the sun roof and the box for sunglasses, small holes perfectly made, its perfect, like made-to order, without asking ur size.
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 18:50   #267
BHPian

Thanks, Sir. I haven't yet found the time to explore the sites but shall tomorrow.

Quote:
you are right. Or else you can for for vkool on the front and lumar or 3m on the sides like VKJ mentioned
Good idea.
Old 10th May 2008, 10:26   #268
VKJ
BHPian

NetChef/Parichay: I am still awaiting from you guys for the clarification on the grab handles!!!
Old 10th May 2008, 19:42   #269
BHPian

Default Diesel Genes, Andrea Bocelli and things

It's nearing that time. The milestone creeps up on us or it may even pass us by like a ship in the night. 1000kms.
Many of you Team BHPians have asked for real answers and I'm impressed by the need for them in order that you chaps can weigh the machine in a light which is beyond paint and seats and headlights, in the realm of the more substantial.

FUEL EFFICIENCY. So I'm going to make that my next project starting now. Talking of fuel, our Fabia came without a sticker on the gas tank lid saying 'diesel', and that could prove dangerous. So those of you who are expecting your Fabias in a short while, please check for this- a diesel engine could work its way into ICU if someone mistakenly fills petrol in the tank. If it does happen, it is recommended that the car is NOT started; leave it there and call the dealer's helpline. That said, those alarm buttons pushed, I have seen a Fabia sporting the diesel sticker, so all's well apparently.

3000K RPM & Arias by a Blind Musician
Andrea Bocelli sounds stupendous on the Fabia's minimalistic music system. I'm not used to the grandeur and awe of Klipsch or B&W or any of those esoteric (and evocative) names- the Gonzy household gets by on an 'all-in-one' Bose wave radio, but the Fabia's system has begun to grow on me and I'm beginning to believe I know what she likes. And Andrea Bocelli is one of them.
Sorry if this doesn't make sense.
Somehow, Italian arias performed by a blind singer, well there's something there and I can't put my finger on it, but it sounds Heavenly. And before anyone asks, NOPE I've not pushed that baby diesel beyond 3K RPM. Is it time to do so? I don't know, and going by the feel of it, I'd say she's ready. No sign of strain at 3K and she seemed perfectly willing to sing into regions well above sea level.

Last edited by netchef : 10th May 2008 at 19:50.
Old 10th May 2008, 20:05   #270
BHPian

Default Tangerine Orange anyone?

We've seen the Fabia in the bright orange shade on the brochures. It's apparently being introduced in India now on the Ambiente version. This is not confirmed by the dealers, but you'll find it in the new brochure on the Skoda India website. (This colour option was not even mentioned in the older brochure)

There's also some information on the 1.2 "high torque performance" version.

Source:
http://www.fabiafeelspecial.com/skod...e_leafleat.pdf

Last edited by CBlazer : 10th May 2008 at 20:08. Reason: Added information