Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th May 2008, 22:08   #271
VKJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
We've seen the Fabia in the bright orange shade on the brochures. It's apparently being introduced in India now on the Ambiente version. This is not confirmed by the dealers, but you'll find it in the new brochure on the Skoda India website. (This colour option was not even mentioned in the older brochure)

There's also some information on the 1.2 "high torque performance" version.

Source:
http://www.fabiafeelspecial.com/skod...e_leafleat.pdf

CBlazer: Where did you download/get this brochure from???????

This is what i found on the india website and seemed to be comprehensive(16 page pdf file)!!!! and there's no mention of the orange color here. I think these dealers are goofing themselves ;-)))
http://www.fabiafeelspecial.com/skodafabia.pdf
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 10:30   #272
Senior - BHPian

netchef,

well what can i say? your thread is a dream come true for some avid readers (like me) who for once would love to see the finer nuances of the english language on a forum such as this.

your car ownership experience is as good as your command over the language itself. keep up the good work of posting more and more on this forum. your replies are very prompt too. I had this strange notion of discomfort upon thinking of a diesel car, after being a petrolhead for 8 long years. But I decided to disspell all these and jumped into buying a swift D. I must agree that while I test drove it, only the power and turbo were really understandable by me, and not torque.

However after a year, I ve found myself a few tricks with which I can manouvre this beauty in the thick of any traffic using just the torque. A blessing in disguise might I say for the wearied souls of Bengaluru. The car however has come to me at a time when my knee is weak, leaving me with too little time to really enjoy this car. For the first time I felt a 1.3 engine was so much required in a city like Bangalore, while most car manufs at that price range would offer just a skimpy 1.1 or an 800cc engine which left me high and dry.

Coming back to the skoda fabia, I am sure the only thing that will on the top of my list impress me straightaway is the silence within the cabin - something that I long for these days (even if I am at home)

Enjoy your drives!
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 15:01   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
CBlazer: Where did you download/get this brochure from???????

This is what i found on the india website and seemed to be comprehensive(16 page pdf file)!!!! and there's no mention of the orange color here. I think these dealers are goofing themselves ;-)))
http://www.fabiafeelspecial.com/skodafabia.pdf
The link is in my post. Go to the Fabia website and click on the "New Skoda Fabia 1.2" link at the bottom. This is just a 2 page pdf file. The 16 page pdf is the older one and does not have any reference to even the Fabia 1.2. I have no idea why they have different versions of the pdf on their website.

BTW, I saw quite a few Fabias today near Mysore road - one of them was a 1.2 Cappuccino Beige.

Last edited by CBlazer : 11th May 2008 at 15:07.
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 11:23   #274
BHPian

sorry people for a late entry into this forum, was a bit busy, I got my Fabia 1.4 Tdi Elegance on the 30th of april, have run about 300 km since, (had many other appointments, will be free mid week, n ill finish about 1000 by sunday).
since netchef is so good at giving you the details of his car, ill just fill in some info and add whats relevant to the Elegance.

1) about mileage: when i got the car from the dealer, it showed me 20L/100 km, that would be 5kmpl now that im driving it, the figure has come down to 8l/100 km, but ive run it only 300km, ill reset the mileage indicator, and set a new trip today, so ill know, but on an average, it looks like about 15-16kmpl, since the distance to pump indicator shows 700km to refuel, im also pushing the car quite hard, (not above 3000 rpm) and its quite a rocket..with a little toning down of the style, i can expect about 17, and the manual says itll improve even more after 1500km

2) Sunfilm and accessories: Im not getting anything in, except v-kool premium, 94% front, 92% sides, just like all our other cars, itll cost 20k, its worth the money cuz u never have to put any towels of newspapers on long drives when the sun starts burning.. u also never have to run the AC on the coolest setting (not that i have to even without this in the fabia - its usually at about 20 degrees in the afternoon and 22 in the evening)

3) the speakers are sufficiently loud and crisp in the front, you could get an extra set from the dealer.

4) the car is a pleasure to drive, it corners quite well.. not tried any stunts yet, but i took a turn at t-junction yesterday going 70, and it really felt like i could even do that at 120, it was too easy and too well composed...

5) the brakes are confident though they still need some running in according to the manual

6) ive been driving with the sun-roof closed but the inner cover open, it really makes u feel nice n open.

7) when the car was new, the engine was very very loud, you could wake up all ur neighbours with it, but after it crossed 200, its much better, and it gets silent everyday i drive it, yesterday i waited with my engine on next to my girlfriend's swift D, and even when she switched it off, it felt like her car was still on... then i realised its my car thats making the sound, echoing off the buildings, ofcourse, close the windows and you'r in heaven, its great fun to drive, we're loving the sun roof and the box for sunglasses, small holes perfectly made, its perfect, like made-to order, without asking ur size.

(note: I didnt want to repost this, but it got accepted after 6 others had already posted, n it got buried)

addendum :
I went for a short drive yesterday, about 200km, to kamshet n back (the place where i go paragliding) the car returned an average of 20km/l, even with my dad driving it continously in 3-figure speeds, n after i took the wheel, me driving it a little more sanely, this being my car, my dad has driven it for the first time, and he was quite happy with the handling, he pushed it to the limits, -- i dunno if he reached them though, taking turns at 120, going around tower hill, kamshet at 110, on narrow ghat sections, braking from a speed of 140, he just abused it like hell.... the car just didnt lose it composure, we also took it on some very very rough roads, n it never scraped anything, that solves the GC riddle, the backseat has a lot of legroom, n its comfortable for three..
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 13:42   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
sorry people for a late entry into this forum, was a bit busy, I got my Fabia 1.4 Tdi Elegance on the 30th of april, have run about 300 km since, (had many other appointments, will be free mid week, n ill finish about 1000 by sunday).
since netchef is so good at giving you the details of his car, ill just fill in some info and add whats relevant to the Elegance.

1) about mileage: when i got the car from the dealer, it showed me 20L/100 km, that would be 5kmpl now that im driving it, the figure has come down to 8l/100 km, but ive run it only 300km, ill reset the mileage indicator, and set a new trip today, so ill know, but on an average, it looks like about 15-16kmpl, since the distance to pump indicator shows 700km to refuel, im also pushing the car quite hard, (not above 3000 rpm) and its quite a rocket..with a little toning down of the style, i can expect about 17, and the manual says itll improve even more after 1500km

2) Sunfilm and accessories: Im not getting anything in, except v-kool premium, 94% front, 92% sides, just like all our other cars, itll cost 20k, its worth the money cuz u never have to put any towels of newspapers on long drives when the sun starts burning.. u also never have to run the AC on the coolest setting (not that i have to even without this in the fabia - its usually at about 20 degrees in the afternoon and 22 in the evening)

3) the speakers are sufficiently loud and crisp in the front, you could get an extra set from the dealer.

4) the car is a pleasure to drive, it corners quite well.. not tried any stunts yet, but i took a turn at t-junction yesterday going 70, and it really felt like i could even do that at 120, it was too easy and too well composed...

5) the brakes are confident though they still need some running in according to the manual

6) ive been driving with the sun-roof closed but the inner cover open, it really makes u feel nice n open.

7) when the car was new, the engine was very very loud, you could wake up all ur neighbours with it, but after it crossed 200, its much better, and it gets silent everyday i drive it, yesterday i waited with my engine on next to my girlfriend's swift D, and even when she switched it off, it felt like her car was still on... then i realised its my car thats making the sound, echoing off the buildings, ofcourse, close the windows and you'r in heaven, its great fun to drive, we're loving the sun roof and the box for sunglasses, small holes perfectly made, its perfect, like made-to order, without asking ur size.
naikpranav: Thanks for the lovely writeup.
You obviously have the higher end Fabia going by the on-board computer for fuel consumed etc.
Congrats, Sir.
I'm betting she'll keep you enthralled forever.

Please don't refrain from writing us your views just because I seem to cover it all- I'm missing around a hundred nuances, and in any case, her sex appeal/experience will vary from owner to owner (being in the eyes of the beholder).
And, so that we don't seem to have been sponsored by Skoda to launch into paens about their product at every turn (mainly pointing the finger at myself, here), do feel free to be critical. Our teamBHP bros. have a right to know see the whole picture even if bits of it may seem discordant or patchy.

Drive safe.
Quote:
NetChef/Parichay: I am still awaiting from you guys for the clarification on the grab handles!!!
Sorry, Sir. What clarification? I confirmed there was only one grab handle furnished on the low end model. Seem to have missed that you were asking for something else. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
We've seen the Fabia in the bright orange shade on the brochures. It's apparently being introduced in India now on the Ambiente version. This is not confirmed by the dealers, but you'll find it in the new brochure on the Skoda India website. (This colour option was not even mentioned in the older brochure)

There's also some information on the 1.2 "high torque performance" version.

Source:
http://www.fabiafeelspecial.com/skod...e_leafleat.pdf
Agent Orange should look perky on the Fabia. Good choice of colour IMO.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 17:04   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
netchef,

well what can i say? ..................
Enjoy your drives!
GeekSrik: Thank-you, Sir. Nice of you to say that.
I'm glad you've penned your experiences about your diesel gem in your columns, and I must say I followed them avidly. It's a revelation to many to know of our experiences- however inconsequential they may seem to us- as many wil base their buying decisions on what they read in these columns. (Scary thought to me ).
I try my best to spell them out. To articulate just what I've seen or discovered. I figure I never know when some little piece of info will help a TeamBHPian.

Drive safe, mate.

Last edited by ajmat : 12th May 2008 at 17:30.
Old 13th May 2008, 11:54   #277
BHPian

Quote:
NetChef/Parichay: I am still awaiting from you guys for the clarification on the grab handles!!!
dude...I think netchef confirmed that only the front passenger side gets the grabhandle in the classic model. As for me I have ordered two grabhandles for the rear as well. Approximate cost is 600/-.
parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 19:52   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
dude...I think netchef confirmed that only the front passenger side gets the grabhandle in the classic model. As for me I have ordered two grabhandles for the rear as well. Approximate cost is 600/-.

Hello. Is that Rs 600 for the pair? I certainly hope so.
Old 13th May 2008, 23:23   #279
VKJ
BHPian

Thanks Parichay/NetChef, my vehicle delivery is on 15th May, will keep you guys posted.
I need an advice regarding the Sun film. Pros/Cons to consider when buying them at the dealer or outside. Also thinking to go with CBlazer's input on the rear speaker/amplifier set. Initially had plans to go for the spoiler/exhaust pipe chrome piece, but awaiting for Chetan to send the pics to decide.
Old 14th May 2008, 11:04   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parichay/NetChef, my vehicle delivery is on 15th May, will keep you guys posted.
I need an advice regarding the Sun film. Pros/Cons to consider when buying them at the dealer or outside. Also thinking to go with CBlazer's input on the rear speaker/amplifier set. Initially had plans to go for the spoiler/exhaust pipe chrome piece, but awaiting for Chetan to send the pics to decide.

Hey VKJ, that's tomorrow. Isn't it a lovely feeling? The butterflies etc. I'm sure you'll find it hard to sleep with the excitement, eager for the hours to pass till it's time for you to roll up at the dealer.
I'm really happy for you, Sir. Enjoy your machine and drive safe. All it takes for us to do is show them some consideration, and in return we're promised years of trouble-free motoring. Motoring, not transportation.
Your Fabia will be your little world in all the chaos out there. An escape. It will sport your music, your little embellishments. Your characteristic- signature- effects, whether aesthetic flourishes like a dangler or a sticker to more functional bits like the chrome exhaust tips you mentioned. It will be YOU.

And how much fun is it to float in one's own private microcosm, cocooned from the world, lost in your very own comfort zone and unassailable space? It's all about possession and manifestation of the ego- it's got pride written al over it.

When she's fresh out of the oven as yours will be, still steaming from the moulds smelling indeed exuding that new, sterile, vibrantly factory-aroma- a not unpleasant thing for the olefactory senses at least as far as I'm concerned, she's truly your baby. To be nurtured, helped to walk, taught the ways of the world. Eased into them. And your happiness will come from the little cute surprises round the corner. An unusual wink or wiggle. A curve where you don't expect it. The morning sun on eyelashes. A gurgle like a brook just after she's weaned.
I know zilch about it but am told it's called parenting. At some level it's poetic.

We've got to feed them right with the propah nutrients- a balanced diet. Pace them according to what they can handle at every stage. Nurse them through the minor hiccups etc. It's going to be a fun time. Full, but fun.
And we're lucky to have a support system in the Team BHPians who are there with advice on everything ranging from polishes to upholstery, lubes to tyre pressures. We couldn't have asked for more.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 14th May 2008, 11:40   #281
VKJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Hey VKJ, that's tomorrow. Isn't it a lovely feeling? The butterflies etc. I'm sure you'll find it hard to sleep with the excitement, eager for the hours to pass till it's time for you to roll up at the dealer.
I'm really happy for you, Sir. Enjoy your machine and drive safe. All it takes for us to do is show them some consideration, and in return we're promised years of trouble-free motoring. Motoring, not transportation.
Your Fabia will be your little world in all the chaos out there. An escape. It will sport your music, your little embellishments. Your characteristic- signature- effects, whether aesthetic flourishes like a dangler or a sticker to more functional bits like the chrome exhaust tips you mentioned. It will be YOU.

And how much fun is it to float in one's own private microcosm, cocooned from the world, lost in your very own comfort zone and unassailable space? It's all about possession and manifestation of the ego- it's got pride written al over it.

When she's fresh out of the oven as yours will be, still steaming from the moulds smelling indeed exuding that new, sterile, vibrantly factory-aroma- a not unpleasant thing for the olefactory senses at least as far as I'm concerned, she's truly your baby. To be nurtured, helped to walk, taught the ways of the world. Eased into them. And your happiness will come from the little cute surprises round the corner. An unusual wink or wiggle. A curve where you don't expect it. The morning sun on eyelashes. A gurgle like a brook just after she's weaned.
I know zilch about it but am told it's called parenting. At some level it's poetic.

We've got to feed them right with the propah nutrients- a balanced diet. Pace them according to what they can handle at every stage. Nurse them through the minor hiccups etc. It's going to be a fun time. Full, but fun.
And we're lucky to have a support system in the Team BHPians who are there with advice on everything ranging from polishes to upholstery, lubes to tyre pressures. We couldn't have asked for more.

GOOD LUCK!
NetChef....Thanks a tonne, 'i am out of words and not as good as you to acknowledge in the same way as you from my dictionary'. Once again thanks so much....will post my experience soon.
Old 14th May 2008, 11:56   #282
BHPian

Default :-(

netchef & all, sorry for the let down. Due to last minute financial changes, my Dad opted out of the Fabia 1.4 and has gone for the i10.

It is scheduled for delivery this weekend. I am getting the ICE setup for this i10, will post in a different thread.

Short lived happiness. Dad's crazy or he is really smart !!
mhafeez_13666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 12:17   #283
BHPian

SKODA TUNING SHOP for Octavia, Octavia II, Fabia, Roomster, Superb, Felicia : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

sorry for the delay guys , vkj check this site out for bodykits and stuff...will post another site as soon as i get some free time
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 12:21   #284
BHPian

Quote:
NetChef....Thanks a tonne, 'i am out of words and not as good as you to acknowledge in the same way as you from my dictionary'. Once again thanks so much....will post my experience soon.
OK. Waiting for you to spell out your initial reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 View Post
netchef & all, sorry for the let down. Due to last minute financial changes, my Dad opted out of the Fabia 1.4 and has gone for the i10.

It is scheduled for delivery this weekend. I am getting the ICE setup for this i10, will post in a different thread.

Short lived happiness. Dad's crazy or he is really smart !!
mhafeez_13666: Sir, no regrets, and there's no need to apologize. We perfectly understand there can be flux in one's financial dynamics, and nothing is absolute, so you can look forward to deriving as much pleasure from your i10, albeit its own flavour.
Remember, the i10 has been voted the best car in India, so nothing crazy about a decision to buy one. Congratulations. Please do write the forum about your experience with her.
Old 14th May 2008, 13:27   #285

hi guys...can anyone help me with review of 1.2mpi fabia ambient..am new over here..and coudn't find the right forum..so plz anyone can help..is skoda cars good in their petrol versions...
pisces84 is offline   Reply With Quote