Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 15:58   #286
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai, Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 142
Thanked: Once
Default

My First Scratch:
I scraped the car today, against a granite flowerbed, the rear fender has lost about half an inch of paint, n there is a small scratch about 8 cms long, it was all my fault as i felt lazy to open up the ORVMS n reversed into a tight spot, i also ignored the parkatronic.... I actually had a huge 4ftx4ft model to be put into the boot, n its something i made, in all the excitement, i have a scratch...

not my first scratch: a week back, someone purposely scratched a long 40 cm scratch onto the boot lid, if i ever catch the creep, he'll never see the light of day again...
luckily its not too deep, n the workshop should be able to clean it up with the spray that they have...

misc scratches: on my recent off-roading trip up tower hill (where we go paragliding) i got about 2 very light scratches becuz of thorny plants, this makes my car look cool, i like plant scratches... reminds me of my adventurous side...

invisible scratch: A BEST bus scraped my orvm the second day i drove it, there was red paint all over, but no scratch, pulled it off with a rag..

all in all: about 4 scratches all over, but not very visible, i will let the botanical scratches stay, I just wish people wouldn't be jealous/scratch happy/stupid to scratch cars for the fun of it, we have put our hard earned money (even if dad put in a little bit more than my share) n we'd like to enjoy it...
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 18:01   #287
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Hello. Is that Rs 600 for the pair? I certainly hope so.
Negative. Thats 600 each :(
parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 20:44   #288
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Leather seats on the fabia

Here goes ....a few pics of the leather seats/door pads in my father's fabia.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-img_3859.jpg  

Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-img_3861.jpg  

parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 23:27   #289
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

its looking awesome!!! congrats man
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 00:45   #290
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 595
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

VKJ: Finally! I'm sure you are very excited. Wishing you a happy and safe ownership. Hoping to see a report from you very soon.

Netchef: Sir, it's a pleasure going through your posts.

mhafeez_13666: Sad you aren't getting the Fabia. Thought you were going to give us the first ownership report for the Fabia petrol. But hey, the i10 isn't a bad car either. Have fun and hope to hear from you soon.
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 10:56   #291
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
SKODA TUNING SHOP for Octavia, Octavia II, Fabia, Roomster, Superb, Felicia : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

sorry for the delay guys , vkj check this site out for bodykits and stuff...will post another site as soon as i get some free time
Thanks Chetan. I'm going there, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisces84 View Post
hi guys...can anyone help me with review of 1.2mpi fabia ambient..am new over here..and coudn't find the right forum..so plz anyone can help..is skoda cars good in their petrol versions...
pisces84: I'm not sure that anyone has the 1.2 yet, but am sure you'll hear from them as soon as they get their hands on one. In fact the 1.2's progress is keenly followed as it's priced more comfortably and seems to be Skoda's trump card to beat or at least compete with the other small cars out there. Many have said the 1.4 is way too expensive for a hatch- and they HAVE NOT put in gold plating anywhere to justify the pricing.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 11:12   #292
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
My First Scratch:
I scraped the car today, against a granite flowerbed, the rear fender has lost about half an inch of paint, n there is a small scratch about 8 cms long, it was all my fault as i felt lazy to open up the ORVMS n reversed into a tight spot, i also ignored the parkatronic.... I actually had a huge 4ftx4ft model to be put into the boot, n its something i made, in all the excitement, i have a scratch...

not my first scratch: a week back, someone purposely scratched a long 40 cm scratch onto the boot lid, if i ever catch the creep, he'll never see the light of day again...
luckily its not too deep, n the workshop should be able to clean it up with the spray that they have...

misc scratches: on my recent off-roading trip up tower hill (where we go paragliding) i got about 2 very light scratches becuz of thorny plants, this makes my car look cool, i like plant scratches... reminds me of my adventurous side...

invisible scratch: A BEST bus scraped my orvm the second day i drove it, there was red paint all over, but no scratch, pulled it off with a rag..

all in all: about 4 scratches all over, but not very visible, i will let the botanical scratches stay, I just wish people wouldn't be jealous/scratch happy/stupid to scratch cars for the fun of it, we have put our hard earned money (even if dad put in a little bit more than my share) n we'd like to enjoy it...
Hey naikpranav: damned sorry to hear of your cosmetic mishaps, Sir. Accidents happen all the time, but vandalism is a shame. If it's a paint touch-up required, I've been there, done that. To say the least, Skoda is expensive. If I could offer any advice, please don't hesitate to ask.
Sorry once again. BUT, you are an adventurer and have the right spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Negative. Thats 600 each :(
Oops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Here goes ....a few pics of the leather seats/door pads in my father's fabia.
parichay: Gorgeous, Sir. Gorgeous. Is that White on Black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
its looking awesome!!! congrats man
I agree, Joslicx. Awesome sums it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
VKJ: Finally! I'm sure you are very excited. Wishing you a happy and safe ownership. Hoping to see a report from you very soon.

CBlazer/VKJ/parichay:
Yeah, yeah. More reports wanted (there are people on this forum who think I'm paid a small sum by Monsieurs Skoda to drip honey- smarmy honey, so please let's have the 'naysayers' hit the BOLD button and shout from their Fabia's rooftop regarding things that they are cheesed off about)

Netchef: Sir, it's a pleasure going through your posts.
Thank-you. Little mad, but I hope they weave a story.

mhafeez_13666: Sad you aren't getting the Fabia. Thought you were going to give us the first ownership report for the Fabia petrol. But hey, the i10 isn't a bad car either. Have fun and hope to hear from you soon.
mhafeez_13666: No big deal. You write well. Give us a damned good report of your i10...BUT please post a link to your thread so challenged folk such as myself can find it without going crazy.

Mods: sorry. I don't know how to reply to old posts from the previous page as well as new ones from the next- hence the double post.

Last edited by netchef : 15th May 2008 at 11:14.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 14:53   #293
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Thanks Parichay/NetChef, my vehicle delivery is on 15th May, will keep you guys posted.
I need an advice regarding the Sun film. Pros/Cons to consider when buying them at the dealer or outside. Also thinking to go with CBlazer's input on the rear speaker/amplifier set. Initially had plans to go for the spoiler/exhaust pipe chrome piece, but awaiting for Chetan to send the pics to decide.

VKJ: TODAY IS D-DAY. HAS YOUR BABY ARRIVED YET? Please post pics and an FIR!!
We're all eagerly awaiting them. Well done, Sir.
Little bit of advice: it takes time to get used to the 'depth' to the corners of the car, so you could tend to get closer to obstacles, walls etc than you bargained for.

Last edited by netchef : 15th May 2008 at 14:54.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 22:18   #294
VKJ
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 85
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

NetChef and to all Fabia lovers, here goes my true/real story!!!!

My baby has finally arrived...Bingo!!!!

The delivery process was very much simplified and friendly. The Vinayak guys were very helpful during the entire procedure. I would definetely recommend my friends/relatives to them.

OK, coming to the script....I am still getting used to the new motoring environment....Even though i took the PDC list with me, could not comply, rather i asked the dealer to give me a complete demo, during which i observed and verified that all the checks/controls were fine and working.

The drive back from the showroom was challenging/thrilling due to heavy evening traffic and to my surprise,i was caught red-handed by the "Interceptor", they gave me ticket for not displaying the regn. number, even though i had the TC number with me. I had to cough up 300 bucks ;-(((

Motoring experience so far:
This is my first diesel, so i kinda don't like the JET lag ;-))), believe me the engine is truly a JET after 2000/2500 revs.
Things i can vouch for:
> The ride quality is 'superb', soaks really well on all road surfaces.
> The gearbox is 'slick and precise', really fun and sportive to use.
> "Simply Clever" and 'cute' storage spaces all over!!!....
> Last but not the least, 'Royal/Plush' interiors and
'super' exterior build quality.

Things to comment too early:
> Fuel efficiency
> Stability and Handling at high speeds
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 23:19   #295
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: Once
Smile Got my czech baby today

finally, my wait is over. i got my skoda fabia elegant diesel. the baby looks so fresh and new, its white. traveled around 70 km ... just felt that the car in the 1 st gear has very less pull but in 2nd gear it runs....
ronnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 12:34   #296
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
NetChef and to all Fabia lovers, here goes my true/real story!!!!

My baby has finally arrived...Bingo!!!!

The delivery process was very much simplified and friendly. The Vinayak guys were very helpful during the entire procedure. I would definetely recommend my friends/relatives to them.

OK, coming to the script....I am still getting used to the new motoring environment....Even though i took the PDC list with me, could not comply, rather i asked the dealer to give me a complete demo, during which i observed and verified that all the checks/controls were fine and working.

The drive back from the showroom was challenging/thrilling due to heavy evening traffic and to my surprise,i was caught red-handed by the "Interceptor", they gave me ticket for not displaying the regn. number, even though i had the TC number with me. I had to cough up 300 bucks ;-(((

Motoring experience so far:
This is my first diesel, so i kinda don't like the JET lag ;-))), believe me the engine is truly a JET after 2000/2500 revs.
Things i can vouch for:
> The ride quality is 'superb', soaks really well on all road surfaces.
> The gearbox is 'slick and precise', really fun and sportive to use.
> "Simply Clever" and 'cute' storage spaces all over!!!....
> Last but not the least, 'Royal/Plush' interiors and
'super' exterior build quality.

Things to comment too early:
> Fuel efficiency
> Stability and Handling at high speeds
VKJ: Super. Congratulations.
It's terrific that the dealer was capable, helpful and left you feeling confident. That IMO makes a heap of a difference. It's also great if they bow and scrape and fawn over the new owner, giving him or her the feeling of money well spent, and indeed that they respect your business. Good for you, Sir. Bet your family are proud of the new wheels.

I'm impressed with the precision with which you went about running through the pre-flight checklist. It makes so much sense.

Damned shame the cops booked you on your first drive but I guess they need to be careful with the rising car thefts around (my friend lost a fairly new Scorpio and a largeish bit of money in the bargain even though she was insured: you never can be too careful).

Thanks for your early comments on 'drive' and gearbox and things. Please update the forum regularly with a drill down of your experience as I'm sure you'll discover a whole lot more dimensions to your new Czech Starlet as you get better acquainted.

Write about whatever strikes you. We'd love to hear. And PICS PICS PICS please.

Drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
finally, my wait is over. i got my skoda fabia elegant diesel. the baby looks so fresh and new, its white. traveled around 70 km ... just felt that the car in the 1 st gear has very less pull but in 2nd gear it runs....

ronnyquest: Lovely, Sir. Congrats.
The Fabia Elegant is -how shall I put it?- an elegant choice. And I personally believe white suits her best. Drive safe, and do record your experiences with her here on TeamBHP so people can derive some vicarious pleasure while learning from it.

Well done. Enjoy your new baby and please upload some pictures of her ASAP.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 08:18   #297
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Your Fabia will be your little world in all the chaos out there. An escape. It will sport your music, your little embellishments. Your characteristic- signature- effects, whether aesthetic flourishes like a dangler or a sticker to more functional bits like the chrome exhaust tips you mentioned. It will be YOU.

And how much fun is it to float in one's own private microcosm, cocooned from the world, lost in your very own comfort zone and unassailable space? It's all about possession and manifestation of the ego- it's got pride written al over it.
Now that is Poetry Net Chef !! Simply Excellent !!

I have not checked this thread for long and it has run over 20 Pages !!! I think it is the only one on the Fabia.

@ Parichay - Great looking Seat Covers there, How much did you pay for them ?

Last edited by vkochar : 18th May 2008 at 08:19.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 11:22   #298
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai, Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 142
Thanked: Once
Default

Yesterday, I drove to pune, there was a huge traffic jam at vashi, n i was 30 mins late, that made my friends say" you have to cover up for 1 n 1/2 hours now, I took the expressway, got off after panvel, took NH4 till lonavla, n back onto the expressway, the car was at an average of 110 on nh4 and 160-180 on the expressway, rock solid, 40 mins drive time from belapur to dehu road, the people we were supposed to meet in pune were chilling cuz we were late...

the car stuck to the road all the way up bhor ghat (old NH4 ghat), even at speeds of 90-100 on turns, there is no understeer/oversteer, no skids, tyre lock-ups, spins, nothing, spot-on for every challenge.... all this returning an average of 16... (has done 20 on this road 6 days back...)
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 20:33   #299
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: Once
Default skoda elegance pics

i am enclosing one pic took through my cell, i shall post other soon

ronny
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)-14052008128.jpg  

ronnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2008, 11:06   #300
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Now that is Poetry Net Chef !! Simply Excellent !!

I have not checked this thread for long and it has run over 20 Pages !!! I think it is the only one on the Fabia.

@ Parichay - Great looking Seat Covers there, How much did you pay for them ?
vkochar: Sir, thank-you. Glad to have you back on our humble 'Czech' story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
Yesterday, I drove to pune, there was a huge traffic jam at vashi, n i was 30 mins late, that made my friends say" you have to cover up for 1 n 1/2 hours now, I took the expressway, got off after panvel, took NH4 till lonavla, n back onto the expressway, the car was at an average of 110 on nh4 and 160-180 on the expressway, rock solid, 40 mins drive time from belapur to dehu road, the people we were supposed to meet in pune were chilling cuz we were late...

the car stuck to the road all the way up bhor ghat (old NH4 ghat), even at speeds of 90-100 on turns, there is no understeer/oversteer, no skids, tyre lock-ups, spins, nothing, spot-on for every challenge.... all this returning an average of 16... (has done 20 on this road 6 days back...)
naikpranav: That's fantastic. If she returns those FE numbers for the speeds you were holding makes it a real wonder. Also, at 180, were the brakes confidence-inspiring? Did she feel like she'd go faster?
I'm waiting to open her up- she's still being run in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
i am enclosing one pic took through my cell, i shall post other soon

ronny

ronnyquest: Nice, Sir, Nice.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 lakhs to repair Skoda Fabia engine. EDIT: Owner sells Fabia as scrap! zombiedriver Technical Stuff 234 27th July 2016 16:32
Diesel Hatch - Considering the New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI kunaalsaigal Hatchbacks 34 1st June 2011 18:31
Artist Impressions: 2014 Skoda Fabia and 2014 Skoda Laura karanraheja The International Automotive Scene 11 14th February 2011 19:43
Pathetic service from Skoda and Fabia woes. EDIT : Got FULL refund from Skoda Gaurav Mathur Indian Car Dealerships 80 11th August 2010 01:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks