Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 11:07   #301
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Keeps changing.
Posts: 40
Thanked: 13 Times
Thumbs up My new Black Fabia Elegance....

Hi...although I joined the forum only today, I had got my Fabia (Black, Elegance, Diesel) about a month back - after more than a couple of months waiting. I have done a couple of highway trips and the meter shows 1300kms and running!! It has grown on me quite nicely and I simply love everything about the car. I feel, its an absolute money's worth in terms of FE(18+ combined conditions with AC), interiors, gizmos, features(controlling windows from outside when ignition is off), sun roof, cabin lights turning on when the vehicle is unlocked remotely (which turns off when u switch on the ignition), very decent boot space, rear AC vents, parktronics, sunglass holder, front arm rest...I can just go on an on..and do free campaigning on behalf of the skoda guys!!! I hope to share more reviews, concerns and issues in this forum and also try to address any queries or questions posed in general...looking forward...Cheers!!!
cheers:
Attached Images
    
rakesh_raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 11:34   #302
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default welcome AND Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
Hi...although I joined the forum only today, I had got my Fabia (Black, Elegance, Diesel) about a month back - after more than a couple of months waiting. I have done a couple of highway trips and the meter shows 1300kms and running!! It has grown on me quite nicely and I simply love everything about the car. I feel, its an absolute money's worth in terms of FE(18+ combined conditions with AC), interiors, gizmos, features(controlling windows from outside when ignition is off), sun roof, cabin lights turning on when the vehicle is unlocked remotely (which turns off when u switch on the ignition), very decent boot space, rear AC vents, parktronics, sunglass holder, front arm rest...I can just go on an on..and do free campaigning on behalf of the skoda guys!!! I hope to share more reviews, concerns and issues in this forum and also try to address any queries or questions posed in general...looking forward...Cheers!!!
cheers:

rakesh_raja: Firstly welcome to TeamBHP and our- now YOUR- very own Fabia story. Congratulations on your new machine that looks simply grand in Black. And stunning. Not many of them in black in Bangalore.

We'd surely love to hear your experiences with your wheels, so please feel free to put the bytes down for posterity whenever the muse grabs you- or indeed whenever you find something special you just have to get off your chest- heaps of us waiting, Sir. And many answers lurking in our knowledgeable wings as well.
Your pictures are gorgeous with your swanky Black Beauty draped so elegantly in those sylvan skies and ocean-views- gotta be God's Own Country.

First impressions: your FE is phenomenal. 18kmpl under mixed conditions of A/C usage and roads is in the BIG league. Another Fabia owner on these pages gets 15-16 kmpl but 18 is outstanding. I'm yet to start counting centimetres and drops as my car has only just crossed 1000kms but things look good for me going by the sort of numbers you've turned in.

Last edited by netchef : 20th May 2008 at 11:48.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 14:00   #303
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Keeps changing.
Posts: 40
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Thanks netchef...I forgot to add that the main reason for me joining this forum was bcoz of your great writing skills...each of your articles have been crafted finely and you surely have a way with words!
You are rite..this is indeed Gods Own Country...and that too, in its capital!!! Moved here 3 months back after a 5yr stint at Bangalore. Believe me, that 18+ figure is all due to the better roads and traffic conditions out here...am sure, there are better drivers around, who can extract 20+ under similar conditions...but anything above 16-17 is pretty good. Am planning to add on sun-film on the windows plus Stanley Nappa upholstery soon...will post more pics after that.
rakesh_raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 14:46   #304
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: Once
Default Czech BABY

My czech baby,

The FE gives 17.
Attached Images
     
ronnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 15:09   #305
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
Thanks netchef...I forgot to add that the main reason for me joining this forum was bcoz of your great writing skills...each of your articles have been crafted finely and you surely have a way with words!
You are rite..this is indeed Gods Own Country...and that too, in its capital!!! Moved here 3 months back after a 5yr stint at Bangalore. Believe me, that 18+ figure is all due to the better roads and traffic conditions out here...am sure, there are better drivers around, who can extract 20+ under similar conditions...but anything above 16-17 is pretty good. Am planning to add on sun-film on the windows plus Stanley Nappa upholstery soon...will post more pics after that.
rakesh_raja: Thank-you, Sir. It makes me feel good inside to know I've positively influenced another, but fact is I wouldn't go a yard without people such as yourself writing in appreciation.
Pity you left our city, but glad you brought your writing AND pictorial abilities to the Forum. I bet there are many TeamBHPians who will appreciate your story and go green with envy over your pics.
Great work. Keep them coming.

I'm with you on the 'traffic conditions' issue. This city is going from bad to worse, and 'sublime to the ridiculous' seems just around the corner. You've a valid point when you imply that FE will drop drastically in these trying conditions, and that conversely yours is streets ahead.

In terms of driving, too, it's a strain. And one can't derive as much from one's wheels as one aught to.
Since you're there, enjoy some sea food on my behalf (I presume, here). The Stanley Nappa should feel rich all right.
Drive safe.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 15:28   #306
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

@ Rakesh - Your Fabia looks awesome in black! How much did the Elegance cost you On Road? 18km is good enough for a 1.4 l engine!
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 16:58   #307
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai, Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 142
Thanked: Once
Default

rakesh: black is just the best on the fabia, too bad, my family and I have a thing for things other than black, I would have loved it, 18+ is quite a nice figure, lucky u, with great roads... my dad managed 18 km/l uphill, and i managed 24 km/l downhill on one of our trips.

I got V-kool finally on the car, and now im very comfortable, you could get that too, it lets the light in, but not the heat...

I will post pictures, but i dunno when, waiting to take it to a good location for a photoshoot, should be at the edge of a cliff, or perched on top of a rock overhang, or in the middle of a lake, (i have posted pictures like that of my wagon R on this forum)

netchef: please finish your 1500 quick ! we'd like a nice review from you once you've got her baby shoes off...
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 16:59   #308
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Keeps changing.
Posts: 40
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
@ Rakesh - Your Fabia looks awesome in black! How much did the Elegance cost you On Road? 18km is good enough for a 1.4 l engine!
Thanks Karan (I accept the compliment on behalf of my Fab babe and its Czech creators!)...it was 8.48lacs OTR Trivandrum.
cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
My czech baby,

The FE gives 17.
Hi Ronny...your fair babe looks gorgeous..and it seems you have got yourself a fancy number too!! Its noteworthy that although Skoda has come out with very limited color options for the Fabia, it looks great in all of them (at least in all the 4-5 colors which I have come across - netchef's grey/blue, your white, my black, a red one I saw on the road in Cochin and the Silver Ambiente which I TD-ed earlier)
cheers:

Last edited by ajmat : 20th May 2008 at 17:18.
rakesh_raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 17:41   #309
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
My czech baby,

The FE gives 17.
Wow ronnyquest. White looks divine. Seems Rakesh_Raja is right and the Czech Baby mate does look striking in all colours released so far. Orange coming up, I hear.

BTW that's a superb angle 2nd pic from top left (clockwise). The view from low down square on the number plate and grill yields unusual perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
rakesh: black is just the best on the fabia, too bad, my family and I have a thing for things other than black, I would have loved it, 18+ is quite a nice figure, lucky u, with great roads... my dad managed 18 km/l uphill, and i managed 24 km/l downhill on one of our trips.

I got V-kool finally on the car, and now im very comfortable, you could get that too, it lets the light in, but not the heat...

I will post pictures, but i dunno when, waiting to take it to a good location for a photoshoot, should be at the edge of a cliff, or perched on top of a rock overhang, or in the middle of a lake, (i have posted pictures like that of my wagon R on this forum)

netchef: please finish your 1500 quick ! we'd like a nice review from you once you've got her baby shoes off...
naikpranav: Yes, Sir. Baby shoes off, bib off, balance wheels off. SOON. If you chaps come in with such startling Schumacher stories of 180 kmph in the Fabia, makes me badly want to shake off all shackles, Governor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
Thanks Karan (I accept the compliment on behalf of my Fab babe and its Czech creators!)...it was 8.48lacs OTR Trivandrum.
cheers:



Hi Ronny...your fair babe looks gorgeous..and it seems you have got yourself a fancy number too!! Its noteworthy that although Skoda has come out with very limited color options for the Fabia, it looks great in all of them (at least in all the 4-5 colors which I have come across - netchef's grey/blue, your white, my black, a red one I saw on the road in Cochin and the Silver Ambiente which I TD-ed earlier)
cheers:
rakesh_raja: True. I forgot the existence of Silver.
8.48 L sounds a tad lower than what they quoted in Bangalore, or is it my imagination? Anyway, there was no way I could afford that, so I was forced to set my sights on the low end model (in music terms, that's 'How low can you get?' ).

Sir, if you don't mind my saying so there's a method whereby you can reply to multiple posts in one shot (I made the mistake myself till the mods showed me the ropes: they view it as an attempt at making your 'posts' counter tick faster). At the bottom right corner of every post, you find 2 "Quote" buttons. Select the one on the right if you wish to respond to that particular post, and if you anticipate there'll be others that will want responding in the same post. It will go Black.
Else, if it's just one post you need to reply to, you only need to use the "Quote" button on the left.

Single "Quote" button automatically calls up the reply page where you key in your text.
When it comes to multi-quoted messages, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page (after selecting all the posts you want to reply to- and have ALL of them turn Black), and hit the "New Reply" button on the left.

ps. sorry for sounding pedantic.

Last edited by netchef : 20th May 2008 at 17:45.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 18:04   #310
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Keeps changing.
Posts: 40
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Wow ronnyquest. White looks divine. Seems Rakesh_Raja is right and the Czech Baby mate does look striking in all colours released so far. Orange coming up, I hear.

BTW that's a superb angle 2nd pic from top left (clockwise). The view from low down square on the number plate and grill yields unusual perspective.



naikpranav: Yes, Sir. Baby shoes off, bib off, balance wheels off. SOON. If you chaps come in with such startling Schumacher stories of 180 kmph in the Fabia, makes me badly want to shake off all shackles, Governor.



rakesh_raja: True. I forgot the existence of Silver.
8.48 L sounds a tad lower than what they quoted in Bangalore, or is it my imagination? Anyway, there was no way I could afford that, so I was forced to set my sights on the low end model (in music terms, that's 'How low can you get?' ).

Sir, if you don't mind my saying so there's a method whereby you can reply to multiple posts in one shot (I made the mistake myself till the mods showed me the ropes: they view it as an attempt at making your 'posts' counter tick faster). At the bottom right corner of every post, you find 2 "Quote" buttons. Select the one on the right if you wish to respond to that particular post, and if you anticipate there'll be others that will want responding in the same post. It will go Black.
Else, if it's just one post you need to reply to, you only need to use the "Quote" button on the left.

Single "Quote" button automatically calls up the reply page where you key in your text.
When it comes to multi-quoted messages, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page (after selecting all the posts you want to reply to- and have ALL of them turn Black), and hit the "New Reply" button on the left.

ps. sorry for sounding pedantic.
Thanks ch'i'ef How did I miss out checking out that other 'Quote button'? BEfore I left Blr, I had checked with TAFE..they were quoting 9.1 lacs OTR for 1.4 diesel elegance!! Here it was 8.66 initially (while booking) and then there was almost a 18K excise duty cut... thanks to the budget. So, finally I got it for 8.48....guess, the state specific taxes are quite high in Blr(just like so many other expenses)
One thing I found a bit frustrating about my purchase was the user manual that came with the car. It should have been customised for the Indian version -- there are so many delightful features in the European release, (mentioned in the manual) and which are sadly not available here...no probs, if we were ignorant of them..but now, its a bit frustrating...what say?
cheers:
rakesh_raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 18:05   #311
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,430
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Fabia looks fabulous in black and white. I have seen it in red and it looked great. I can not wait to see how it looks in orange. I think yellow also fits this car pretty well; the yellow of Palio S10 to be precise...
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 20:00   #312
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
Thanks ch'i'ef How did I miss out checking out that other 'Quote button'? BEfore I left Blr, I had checked with TAFE..they were quoting 9.1 lacs OTR for 1.4 diesel elegance!! Here it was 8.66 initially (while booking) and then there was almost a 18K excise duty cut... thanks to the budget. So, finally I got it for 8.48....guess, the state specific taxes are quite high in Blr(just like so many other expenses)
One thing I found a bit frustrating about my purchase was the user manual that came with the car. It should have been customised for the Indian version -- there are so many delightful features in the European release, (mentioned in the manual) and which are sadly not available here...no probs, if we were ignorant of them..but now, its a bit frustrating...what say?
cheers:
Welcome, mate. Just glad you aren't miffed at the 'lecture'.
8.48 is a lot cheaper than 9.1. A whopping difference.
It's a good thing you've brought up the Fabia manual as it was my reaction too. But poor memory later, twas but water under the bridge.

They should really have done an India version. Poor form to show us goodies as rare as unobtanium. Also makes the thing difficult to decipher sometimes. Anyway, I handed it over to my retired dad to pull his hair out over. One point I recall is those cars had side airbags as well! Beasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Fabia looks fabulous in black and white. I have seen it in red and it looked great. I can not wait to see how it looks in orange. I think yellow also fits this car pretty well; the yellow of Palio S10 to be precise...
Black has always been stately. IMO the louder, more striking colours do her justice- like the yellow you allude to, or the orange someone said might be introduced. But black, think about it- Black Tie, Black Cadillac, Black Wingtip Brogues. The list is long.

Last edited by netchef : 20th May 2008 at 20:03.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 12:48   #313
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Keeps changing.
Posts: 40
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

I had a query regarding the optimal tyre pressure that is recommended for Fabia (average load). I am going with 30-36 psi for front-rear respectively...although the conversion based on the sticker (backside of the fuel tank lid) gives much higher values...and has anyone checked (through the skoda decoding site shared in an earlier post) whether our cars come with a diesel particle filter?..or is this also a European version privilege?
rakesh_raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 15:56   #314
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 949
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
I had a query regarding the optimal tyre pressure that is recommended for Fabia (average load). I am going with 30-36 psi for front-rear respectively...although the conversion based on the sticker (backside of the fuel tank lid) gives much higher values...and has anyone checked (through the skoda decoding site shared in an earlier post) whether our cars come with a diesel particle filter?..or is this also a European version privilege?

Sir, I'm not your man for this I'm afraid. Without clue or official sanction, we run 32 PSI all round. Don't know whether that's good or indecent, but the ride is pliant and never uncomfortable. The max load we've subjected her to has been 4 adults (full-fed).
Would love to know about the diesel particle filter myself as I'm always suspicious of the fuel we buy.

Let's hope someone has the answers. Meanwhile, if you're getting itchy fingers, please head straight for your camera
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 16:17   #315
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,591 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Sir, I'm not your man for this I'm afraid. Without clue or official sanction, we run 32 PSI all round. Don't know whether that's good or indecent, but the ride is pliant and never uncomfortable.

Isnt there a sticker on the driver side door frame (near the hook thingy) that mentions recommended tyre pressures?
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 lakhs to repair Skoda Fabia engine. EDIT: Owner sells Fabia as scrap! zombiedriver Technical Stuff 234 27th July 2016 16:32
Diesel Hatch - Considering the New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI kunaalsaigal Hatchbacks 34 1st June 2011 18:31
Artist Impressions: 2014 Skoda Fabia and 2014 Skoda Laura karanraheja The International Automotive Scene 11 14th February 2011 19:43
Pathetic service from Skoda and Fabia woes. EDIT : Got FULL refund from Skoda Gaurav Mathur Indian Car Dealerships 80 11th August 2010 01:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks