Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st May 2008, 16:22   #316
BHPian

Default Has it done a Houdini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Isnt there a sticker on the driver side door frame (near the hook thingy) that mentions recommended tyre pressures?

amitoj: I'll have to check, Sir. If it's there, it hasn't made its presence felt, though. Rakesh_Raja says his car has one inside the fuel filler lid.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 18:59   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
I had a query regarding the optimal tyre pressure that is recommended for Fabia (average load).
Google it !!

It should be 30 psi Front and 32 psi Rear IMHO.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 19:46   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Google it !!

I checked with dealer about this and he confirmed that the front tyre should have 28 psi and rear one 29 psi. He also strongly recommended not to touch 30 (+)

BTW - got my Fabia 1.2 Ambient today , will write more about this in threads to follow
amit_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:24   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
I checked with dealer about this and he confirmed that the front tyre should have 28 psi and rear one 29 psi. He also strongly recommended not to touch 30 (+)

BTW - got my Fabia 1.2 Ambient today , will write more about this in threads to follow
Hi Amit..My dealer (service center engineer) was of the opinion to have a 30-32 combination as vkochar has suggested...guess none of the dealers have any clear cut specs available from Skoda officially..

Quote:
Google it !!

Had googled it..but couldnt find the Indian conditions spec (or psi) numbers anywhere...any pointers wud be helpful...
I wanted to go with 30-32..however, the sticker specs suggest a much higher range for the rear...so setlled for something in between (as we do for so many other things in life...)
cheers:
rakesh_raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:39   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Google it !!

vkochar:
Thanks, Sir. Sounds right.
I've got a question based on Amit_Mind's inputs below: could they be factoring-in the lighter weight of a petrol powerplant when they recommend slightly lower tyre pressures for the 1.2?

Quote:

amit_mind:
Hey CONGRATS, Sir. That's wonderful news and I believe you're the first TeamBHPian with the 1.2. In a way, that's a HUGE responsibility as it falls upon your capable shoulders to come clean on the product, give us the low-down, shake out the gremlins, shred the info into bite-sized granules, decipher, debunk, dejargonize

Please- I'm only teasing, but we'd love your inputs and FIR. AND rich glossies.
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:05   #321

Yes Rakesh - its all always confusing, not sure which one to follow. I talked to one more person owning Fabia and he said it should be 28 F/30 R...huh !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
Hi Amit..My dealer (service center engineer) was of the opinion to have a 30-32 combination as vkochar has suggested...guess none of the dealers have any clear cut specs available from Skoda officially..

Had googled it..but couldnt find the Indian conditions spec (or psi) numbers anywhere...any pointers wud be helpful...
I wanted to go with 30-32..however, the sticker specs suggest a much higher range for the rear...so setlled for something in between (as we do for so many other things in life...)
cheers:
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:44   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Rakesh - its all always confusing, not sure which one to follow. I talked to one more person owning Fabia and he said it should be 28 F/30 R...huh !!
amit_mind: If you don't mind (pun intended -only joking, Sir) PICTURES please.
In the meantime, have you added any extras? Upgraded the music system? I'm waiting to hear from someone who has because it's one area that can do with some fiddling.

Do write in your views on the whole experience, right from driving her (which will include changing gears, braking, steering, etc using the other systems), the engine- NVH, fuel effieciency, response etc.; the accoutrements like A/C, lights, camera, action (jest); the Fabia under varying conditions: fully loaded, fully loaded on the highway; the Fabia at various speeds; and lastly- the airbags, that God-forbid any of us should ever get to test.

Take care, mate. drive safe.
Old 24th May 2008, 09:49   #323

hi guys -
i added extra set of speakers in the rear (in door ones made for fabia from the dealer as i didn't want to mess around with the parcel tray ) and it doesn't mak a big difference for people in the front seats - a marginal increase in bass thats all.
Here's a couple of other things to watch out for: check your tyres for any bubbles - i got me a massive bubble on one of the tyres and got it replaced by the dealer. also the a/c was sort of weak from day one and over the course of 5-6 weeks it came to a point where there was no cooling happening - but the blower was on and we could hear it humming away. i called the dealer and they said its a known issue and they can fix it right away. took the car in and they relpaced "filter element" - now it works really well.
i also hear this slight noise from inside the steering wheel casing - sort of like a rustling sound. but after a couple of different inspections by skoda technicians its still a unsolvde mystery. i can hear it only if i am on bumpy roads (which is the case with most roads in bangalore or drving fast on slightly uneven roads. crank up the stereo and you no longer could hear it.

enjoy your drives
~nk
nk1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2008, 12:39   #324
Senior - BHPian

@netchef: Sorry for being late, But congratulations for the new car.

Your write up made me a fabia fan as long as I was reading this thread.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2008, 12:50   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk1969 View Post
hi guys -
i added extra set of speakers in the rear (in door ones made for fabia from the dealer as i didn't want to mess around with the parcel tray ) and it doesn't mak a big difference for people in the front seats - a marginal increase in bass thats all.
Here's a couple of other things to watch out for: check your tyres for any bubbles - i got me a massive bubble on one of the tyres and got it replaced by the dealer. also the a/c was sort of weak from day one and over the course of 5-6 weeks it came to a point where there was no cooling happening - but the blower was on and we could hear it humming away. i called the dealer and they said its a known issue and they can fix it right away. took the car in and they relpaced "filter element" - now it works really well.
i also hear this slight noise from inside the steering wheel casing - sort of like a rustling sound. but after a couple of different inspections by skoda technicians its still a unsolvde mystery. i can hear it only if i am on bumpy roads (which is the case with most roads in bangalore or drving fast on slightly uneven roads. crank up the stereo and you no longer could hear it.

enjoy your drives
~nk

nk1969: Your first post!! Welcome, Sir, and thanks for bringing your Fabia story to The Team. See if it's possible to shoot and upload some pics of your machine as most people find a story incomplete without the visual element.

Your bit about the rear speakers fitted in the rear doors is a revelation as I'd no idea it could be done or that Skoda designed and sold speakers for the specific purpose. Valid point not wanting to mess with the parcel tray.

Tyre bubble: that's a weird one and it's fortunate for you that you caught it. From day one, the tyre brand the Fabia sported didn't go down too well. However, I tried to give it/them the beneft of the doubt and ascribed my unease to pure psychology.

Th A/C: well, we'll watch out all right. The bloody A/C is -for me- the prime USP of a car- and should it hiccup, I'd go daft. I can't fathom what the rustling sound in your steering mechanism is, but perhaps you'll get lucky and have someone on the forum pipe up with a solution- you'll be amazed at the quantum of knowledge running around in these chapters.

Take care. Drive safe.

And pics PLEASE.
RG
Old 24th May 2008, 21:08   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk1969 View Post
hi guys -

enjoy your drives
~nk
the "rustliing" sound you hear is of the clear plastic window on the dashboard meters, it was there initially, but recently it just died down, i feel they didnt fit it in place, cuz i moved it down n it stopped, but i was demonstrating how i stopped it , n the damn thing started again, it just vanished in some time.
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 10:12   #327

netchef and others thanks for your wishes.

I will comeup with details about the car soon, however at the moment I am totaly amazed with the car and struggling to settled down on this front (sometimes still turn on wiper when need to put indicators
). Whoever has seen the car so far has gone back with their eyes wide open and everyone had a common opinion , its not Swift...later is no where close to this beauty. What all features it provides, operating mirrors without putting ignition on, AC vent in the glove box,22K worth remote key , moveable fog lams, right side overtake indicator,rear defrogger....list goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
amit_mind: If you don't mind (pun intended -only joking, Sir) PICTURES please.
In the meantime, have you added any extras? Upgraded the music system? I'm waiting to hear from someone who has because it's one area that can do with some fiddling.

Do write in your views on the whole experience, right from driving her (which will include changing gears, braking, steering, etc using the other systems), the engine- NVH, fuel effieciency, response etc.; the accoutrements like A/C, lights, camera, action (jest); the Fabia under varying conditions: fully loaded, fully loaded on the highway; the Fabia at various speeds; and lastly- the airbags, that God-forbid any of us should ever get to test.

Take care, mate. drive safe.
Old 25th May 2008, 17:19   #328
BHPian

Quote:
22K worth remote key , moveable fog lams, right side overtake indicator,rear defrogger....list goes on
Congrats on your new car.

Could you clarify what you mean by movable fog lamps and right side overtake indicator?

Man! Imported keys worth 22k. There's a lot of scope for cost cutting with this car.
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 10:39   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
@netchef: Sorry for being late, But congratulations for the new car.

Your write up made me a fabia fan as long as I was reading this thread.
aaggoswami:
Morning, Sir. And I'm sorry I missed your post on the weekend. Thanks for the wishes and for the appreciation on the writing. Please keep coming back- remember, it only gathers meaning if knowledgeable and erudite folks such as yourself pipe up with reactions, plaudits- even brickbats- responses, advice etc.

The nub: we DON'T know it all and we're listening.

Take care,
RG
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
the "rustliing" sound you hear is of the clear plastic window on the dashboard meters, it was there initially, but recently it just died down, i feel they didnt fit it in place, cuz i moved it down n it stopped, but i was demonstrating how i stopped it , n the damn thing started again, it just vanished in some time.
naikpranav:
As they say, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Quote:
netchef and others thanks for your wishes.

I will comeup with details about the car soon, however at the moment I am totaly amazed with the car and struggling to settled down on this front (sometimes still turn on wiper when need to put indicators
). Whoever has seen the car so far has gone back with their eyes wide open and everyone had a common opinion , its not Swift...later is no where close to this beauty. What all features it provides, operating mirrors without putting ignition on, AC vent in the glove box,22K worth remote key , moveable fog lams, right side overtake indicator,rear defrogger....list goes on
amit_mind:

Sir, take your time by all means. Yeah- the reversed controls is like trying to get one's tongue around French.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Congrats on your new car.

Could you clarify what you mean by movable fog lamps and right side overtake indicator?

Man! Imported keys worth 22k. There's a lot of scope for cost cutting with this car.
CBlazer: Sir, Long time no see . Happy to have you back.
I surmise that by 'overtake' indicators he means the little square light on the flanks that flashes in tandem with the indicators. 22K imported keys means he has the higher calibre of bespoke Fabia than mine. Sigh.

Cost: you do look at things differently. Brilliant.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:33   #330
BHPian

Default Experience until now

Well traveled 300 kms in my car in 2 weeks. still the fuel is slightly below 50%. the ac is good. but i am kinda not happy with the lights, taking the projected lights i expected them to be better but doesn't seem too. is it possible to get HID effect in the projection lamp of fabia?? the 1 st gear has less pickup. there is some light rattling noise from the front doors. is it that the suspension of skoda's really hard, can we make it soft???

ROnnY
ronnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote