Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th July 2008, 11:32   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Many modern cars require synthetics from day one. Synthetics from day one won't cause any harm, and are good for the engine. But its expensive
tsk1979:
Gotcha. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitbhanu View Post
...Pete's tuning box for Fabia. He confirmed that the vehicle moves up to 90 BHP
chitbhanu:
90 BHP will make her Luftwaffe. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Just curious, how expensive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitbhanu View Post
Cant really comment, it was a view shared by Mahesh, i had just concurred on the rise in number of Fabias that i have noticed in the last one month in Bangalore
chitbhanu:
I know. Made blanket 'anticipatory bail' just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Skoda octavia oil change is around 5000rs. Compare that to a car with mineral oil, its 800-900rs, so more like 5-6 times not double
tsk1979: Pretty sordid numbers. My Blade took Shell Synth intravenously and it would cost me an arm and a McPherson strut. If I'm not mistaken, I used to shell out (pun intended) Rs 2800 for just the oil, so it was Rs 700 per litre.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 16:04   #497
Senior - BHPian

Nitrogen:
Well i got my nitrogen filled here at Vile parle east at Adarsh petrolpump. And paid Rs.150 for all 5 tyres. Must say the ride is much beter now then earlier. I feel less bumps now. Must go for it. Also, i googled about it and learnt that it may increase life of tyres by 20%.

Remap:
Remap is costing me 33k plus 5k for k&N or green filter. Result would be 100bhp & around 24kgm torgue. Tuning box is around 29, 30k. I am more inclined on remap since i know that performance wise remap is always beter in longer run. The result wil be smoother power delivery then the tuning box. I would always sugest a remap then tuning box. Plus there aint much of price difference. Ya i will be the 1st to get a fabia remap unless sumone else decides to get it done before me in coming days

Oilchange:
Synthetic oil is always beter and high graded then mineral oil. Also there is vast difference in lubricancy. I have used synthetic oil before in my earlier car since 10yrs now and can say this. The ideal service interval is 7500kms normaly with synthetic they say 10000kms but 7500 should be fine looking at our pollution condition. And also its diesel. Its always beter to push our limit a bit and get the best for our cars as we do get the same for ourself and family, and car being part of the family.

Cheers!
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 17:09   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Nitrogen:

Remap:

Oilchange:

Cheers!
Invinsible:
They are quoting the same rate to Nitro the tyres, here in Bangalore. Makes as much difference as it did to your drive, and I'd say it's worth it.

Great going on the remap. I can't wait to hear how it works.

Oil can be an oil slick, but prevention is better than cure as the adage goes. You got a fine line on that logic.

Cheers to you, too, Sir.

Drive safe.
Old 8th July 2008, 17:21   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nitrogen:
Well i got my nitrogen filled here at Vile parle east at Adarsh petrolpump. And paid Rs.150 for all 5 tyres. Must say the ride is much beter now then earlier. I feel less bumps now. Must go for it. Also, i googled about it and learnt that it may increase life of tyres by 20%.

Remap:
Remap is costing me 33k plus 5k for k&N or green filter. Result would be 100bhp & around 24kgm torgue. Tuning box is around 29, 30k. I am more inclined on remap since i know that performance wise remap is always beter in longer run. The result wil be smoother power delivery then the tuning box. I would always sugest a remap then tuning box. Plus there aint much of price difference. Ya i will be the 1st to get a fabia remap unless sumone else decides to get it done before me in coming days

Oilchange:
Synthetic oil is always beter and high graded then mineral oil. Also there is vast difference in lubricancy. I have used synthetic oil before in my earlier car since 10yrs now and can say this. The ideal service interval is 7500kms normaly with synthetic they say 10000kms but 7500 should be fine looking at our pollution condition. And also its diesel. Its always beter to push our limit a bit and get the best for our cars as we do get the same for ourself and family, and car being part of the family.

Cheers!
150 for air fill!!!!!
Then its not for me. Way too pricy really.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 17:24   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Nitrogen:
I though nitrogen only ensures that air does not leak out quickly. How does it ensure a better ride?
cediafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 19:49   #501
Senior - BHPian

Nitrogen filling about 5 yrs back was costing me 100 bucks each tyre. But now the same is 30 bucks each tyre. If you are spending that much once is 4 months its alright. What would one do if the company strictly recommended nitrogen. Well we land up spending more then 100 in lot many things so if for a change one did that much amount in car is i think not such a big expense. Think about it.
As for the ride i feel its coz nitrogen much much coolder then compressed air and colder air is more denser then normal air. Colder air has more dense particle. So while running it may not expand by getting hot as air would do which means no change in air presure. Which may result in difference in ride where as with nitrogen it wil remain constant since it may not get all that hot. Also, since colder air has more dense particle it may result in better cushioning while riding on them since it has more dense particle. All this i gues results in slight better ride.

Ya, netchef eagerly waiting to get the remap done, it will add 50% more power am sure its gona be a different car altogether.

Cheers!
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 11:41   #502
BHPian

Default 4000 RPM- Beam me up, Scotty

There are times in one's Infernal Combustion ownership when one needs that shot of adrenaline. Everybody goes through it at some time or the other. I'd go so far as to bet my last shilling that from the Pope to the most recalcitrant Professor, put them behind the wheel and some day they'd push that pedal to the floor-board.

It's called temptation.

I confess...well, my Czech Delight had crossed the 2K kms mark and was ready for a real romp in the hay. Also, frustrations were mounting with the recent sale of my Japanese fix- the sweet Geisha, my Blade; traffic was getting hideous, and those fellow bikers out there would know instantly the meaning of how any car was like driving a hearse when compared to raunchy (place in Bihar?) two wheels that allowed you to occasionally pull out all stops. It's how I kept my sanity.

But with 4 wheels requiring more room to manoeuvre, one tended to sideline the Hakkinen instinct and focus on mundane distractions like the music or the radio, the svelte birds flitting by, the weather etc.

The Fabia sings at 4K RPM. And gives one a decent kick in the soft padded section. I was really impressed. Here was the genuine article. In my arms, responding to my caress, sighing -no wailing like a banshee. Firstly I didn't expect such a shove and urgency from her 1.4 diesel plant. Secondly, her progress at lower revs were quite deceptive, so with wool pulled snugly over eyes, one sort of accepted with philosophical shrug that she was lethargic and could not perform like a ballerina.

She changed that all right. EMPHATICALLY. Imagine one's surprise upon discovering a sleeping Spanish Bull, just woken from its slumbers. My ballerina came with a turbo under her tutu. The revs mounted at impressive pace. The engine-song went from pre-adolescent choir-boy to Pavrotti in 2 shakes and the intentions too were no longer honey-dipped angel face, but suddenly Satanic. Sidney Sheldon and Ian McCewan (did I get that name right?) sort of evil. Dictators not happy with their own country but want the next couple as well. Adultresses galore. Murderers cheaper by the dozen.
The scales fell from the eyes. The girl next door became a madam at a house of personal entertainment.
Santa Claus turned pusher. Cherubs looked lasciviously at nannies.
White picket fences were electrified. Reputations went down the drain- my Fabia left a smile on my face that 'Del' couldn't wipe off.

Last edited by netchef : 9th July 2008 at 11:48. Reason: spello
Old 9th July 2008, 11:43   #503
Team-BHP Support

dayyum man. now get a remap and put up a review. peter can probably feature it in his ad and im sure hell sell alot more remaps thanks to that.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 12:22   #504
Senior - BHPian

Hahahahaha...Rajeev, were you under the influence of any substances while typing this out?? Too good though!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 14:11   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Hahahahaha...Rajeev, were you under the influence of any substances while typing this out?? Too good though!

Thanks. Just a small smoke screen, Sir.
Old 9th July 2008, 14:14   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
The Fabia sings at 4K RPM.

Sir ji, when the excitement settles down could you please rewrite the post in English. . You are now tempting me with the Fabia diesel.

Newbie question: does installing Pete's box void the car warranty?
AdvaithC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 16:12   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvaithC View Post

Sir ji, when the excitement settles down could you please rewrite the post in English. . You are now tempting me with the Fabia diesel.

Newbie question: does installing Pete's box void the car warranty?
AdvaithC:
Oops. sorry, Sir.

"...when the excitement settles down..." Ha ha. Loved that dig.

Cannot unfortunately clear the air on the warranty thing, but someone out there knows and had voiced it on the thread.
Old 10th July 2008, 12:08   #508
BHPian

Default hey guys, where are you?

Gentlemen: this Fabia story had some keen observers and passionate, capable contributors.

To name but a few:

naikpranav
parichay
ronnyquest
rakesh_raja
nk1969
amit_mind
nipunkul
MadRash...and many more. I've listed out some I managed to trace in my limited time, and the list is in no way exhaustive or complete. We'd love it if you guys added to your story and sent us some new pixels.

Last edited by netchef : 10th July 2008 at 12:09. Reason: spello
Old 10th July 2008, 12:11   #509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
AdvaithC:
Oops. sorry, Sir.

"...when the excitement settles down..." Ha ha. Loved that dig.

Cannot unfortunately clear the air on the warranty thing, but someone out there knows and had voiced it on the thread.
about the warranty. as long as the dealer dosent see it they cant do anything. so remove it before service.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 15:43   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
about the warranty. as long as the dealer dosent see it they cant do anything. so remove it before service.
akshay1234:
Good trick, Sir. I could understand messing with other viscera, but they are pushing it if they want to block people who want better music systems. How far does that go? Change the mats, put a sticker on the bumper, use a non-vetted car perfume and the warranty is void?