Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st September 2008, 21:09   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
the bill for the service was Rs. 4000, and I wanted to get the interior cleaned so they did that for me for an additional 2500 anyway, the car has been cleaned really nicely, and
Rs 2500/- for cleaning the interiors. I could understand high price of spare parts - quality and all that. But what's with cleaning? What's their excuse this time? Imported water?
CBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 22:42   #632
BHPian

Arrow

Guys, i took the car for a checkup with the dealer regarding the braking. They took it for a test drive and brake tested many times. But, today, there was no rain and no bad roads in city and the pedal was light. Yet, they made some ECU reprogram and the brakes turned more effective.

Finally, Queen Mary II carrying the Fabia mudflaps docked in Trivandrum. The 'precious cargo' was unloaded and i got my baby fitted with mudflaps today afternoon2500 for interior cleaning?that's tooooooo.. much. around here, the local servicing centres does interior cleaning for rs.300-400 including shampoo treatment for seat covers. But its always good to clean the seats atleast every fortnight by yourself. Atleast you can have a smile when u look at the good work done by yourselfcheers:
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 22:48   #633
BHPian

the red Fabia about which i mentioned in my last post got peted on sunday ... Its 100Bhp now and goes like a rocket , there's no lag what so ever , there's no jerk when we slow down for a hump which can be easily take in second gear ... my cousin , he usually changes gear at 3k rpm on his fabia but in this it reaches 3k in a flash . So its definitely worth it only thing is the price 42k
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:19   #634
BHPian

Thumbs up mileage

Hi:
My fabia has crossed 3500 KMs mark and I got 14.3 KMPL in city with 100% AC on.

Regards
Mahesh S
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:55   #635
BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Hi:

Regards
Mahesh S
that's an awesome mileage Mahesh. Can you please describe how you calculated it?
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:08   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
that's an awesome mileage Mahesh. Can you please describe how you calculated it?
Mysticeyes: I follow the simple tank full to tank full method. Its more reliable than any other method.

Regards
Mahesh S
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:26   #637
BHPian

[quote=naikpranav;961320]The first service:

was Rs. 4000, and I wanted to get the interior cleaned so they did that for me for an additional 2500 quote]
naikpranav: That's steep. Did it include an oil change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Rs 2500/- for cleaning the interiors. I could understand high price of spare parts - quality and all that. But what's with cleaning? What's their excuse this time? Imported water?

CBlazer: Ha ha EVIAN??

Quote:
Finally, Queen Mary II carrying the Fabia mudflaps docked in Trivandrum. The 'precious cargo' was unloaded and i got my baby fitted with mudflaps today afternoon2500 for interior cleaning?that's tooooooo.. much. around here, the local servicing centres does interior cleaning for rs.300-400 including shampoo treatment for seat covers. But its always good to clean the seats atleast every fortnight by yourself. Atleast you can have a smile when u look at the good work done by yourselfcheers:
Mysticeyes: Queen Mary II LOL. Must have got the Czechs in a real flap!

I would tend to agree about identifying and patronizing local talent when it comes to a wash/gloss type of servicing as I don't believe there's any magic to what Skoda offers, and you'd save a packet.

I wash the Fabia myself on average once a month. She's parked under an awning so it helps, but I know I've got to take her to a professional to get the interiors done. Has anyone noticed that the inner surrounds of the door frames gather muck? I allude to the area outside of the rubber beading- exposed to the elements via the gap in the door mating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
the red Fabia about which i mentioned in my last post got peted on sunday ... Its 100Bhp now and goes like a rocket , there's no lag what so ever , there's no jerk when we slow down for a hump which can be easily take in second gear ... my cousin , he usually changes gear at 3k rpm on his fabia but in this it reaches 3k in a flash . So its definitely worth it only thing is the price 42k
chetan: 100Bhp should take him to the moon. Waiting for a full report, Sir. 42K for the Utah-Kick is well worth it.

Quote:
Hi:

Regards
Mahesh S
Mahesh: That's around the ballpark mine is in as far as imbibing goes.

Quote:
Mysticeyes: now that we've got a few miles on our collective clocks, anyone with fresh consumption figures on highway driving? I'd like to see if the Fabias settle down in a sweet spot.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:19   #638
Senior - BHPian

Hi,Am new to blogging and team bhp too.am a 6 footer and need a comfortable car .am too confused whether to buy swift vdi [5,75,000] or fabia tdi active [6,77,000] .

I would like to know the feedback from you owner about the cars reliablity ,mileage and owner ship cost.what will be the cost for a general service after the free service(am not sure if skoda offers free service,i heard that service is once in 10000kms).I guess they use synthetic oil,so will it be very expensive??

Your candid feedback is requested.

I really do not know if this can be posted here or in a new post let me know if has to be posted in a new thread.
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:26   #639
BHPian

33xx was for the oil itself, and the oil filter is 350, labour is free + taxes : so they charge 4000 for the "free service" they use Mobil1. after the free services are done, they'll charge 5500+ tax, every 7500km, which is lesser than what I pay for my Maruti cars.
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:26   #640
BHPian

Hi joshguy:
For your height both Fabia & Swift will be a good choice.

Here you get what ever info you need about Fabia. Fabia's maintenance cost is on the higher side when comparing Swift. But it is better built than Swift. List down the features of both cars choose the one based on your priorities.

Regards
Mahesh S
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:31   #641
BHPian

Quote:
33xx was for the oil itself, and the oil filter is 350, labour is free + taxes : so they charge 4000 for the "free service" they use Mobil1. after the free services are done, they'll charge 5500+ tax, every 7500km, which is lesser than what I pay for my Maruti cars.
naikpranav:

Mobil1? Skoda recommends Shell right? There is a sticker in the engine bay. How come they use Mobil1?

every 7500KMs? I was told 10000 KMs is the service interval. I remember this what is there in the user manual.
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:53   #642
BHPian

Talking

seems a potential buyer is banging at the door. Netchef, you should pull him inside and lock the door rather than having him run off to Maruti. With your permission, shall i invite him to the den? Welcome in Joshguy, this is the abode of both diesel and petrol fabia (thanks to the brilliant contributions by the members, especially NC). If you have gone through all the postings in this thread, the answer would be blinking in your screen.

"I wash the Fabia myself on average once a month." don't give me shocks NC. Somehow, even if i don't want, i end up washing both cars atleast twice a week and brushing off the dust every morning and night as soon as i wake up and before i go to sleep. Seems i've alleregy for dust and dirt touching vehicles. And i clean interiors every week (floormats [everytime i use the car], carpet,seats) and take it for professional interior cleaning once in every 2 months, which cost me around Rs. 400. But then, the secret pride that comes to mind when the service guys say "hey man, have u ever took the car out in roads???" makes me forget the 'effort' of having to keep vehicles shining.

Speaking about oils, i thought Skoda use Shell Helix. or is it Mobil1?
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:59   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post

Has anyone noticed that the inner surrounds of the door frames gather muck? I allude to the area outside of the rubber beading- exposed to the elements via the gap in the door mating.

Yea i did notice the muck geting collected up there especially in rains and so end up washing the inner panel too. In this case, Maruti wins as i never ever had seen any muck in same spot in a Maruti
Old 4th September 2008, 08:05   #644
Senior - BHPian

Question

Thank you all for giving me your feedbacks.I am a member here right from 2006 but never participate due to lack of time.But i do read the threads regularly.

Am 95% convinced with fabia but some of the things stopping me are...

Resale value
lack of power windows in base model(active)
Dull black and blue interiors in active

.and i cannot extend my budget for another 40000.

Please Let me know how much will the after market power windows will cost(best one)

Thanks once again

Hi all,

Today i went through the fabia site and found some thing interesting.Yes it the prices for the accessories. I found most of them were OK for the quality.

Some where here in TeamBHP i read a thread of one of our friends who said the wheel cover was 3000 odd.Actually he is wrong the set of 4 wheel covers is 3400. thats not at all costly.Ford charges 4000+ for the same

Thanks

Here is the link to the acessories....
Skoda Genuine Accessories

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th September 2008 at 11:41. Reason: Back to back post
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 10:45   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi,Am new to blogging and team bhp too.am a 6 footer and need a comfortable car .am too confused whether to buy swift vdi [5,75,000] or fabia tdi active [6,77,000] .
Your candid feedback is requested.
I really do not know if this can be posted here or in a new post let me know if has to be posted in a new thread.
joshguy: Welcome to Team-Bhp and specifically our 'Fabia' story. You'll find ALL you need to know or want to hear about the Fabia in these 42/43 odd pages. It's not my story alone, but carries equal inputs from a host of enthusiastic and questioning owners from across India- and it has some superb pics to add spice.

As someone down the thread rightly said, we can and will give you our opinions (that you can freely derive from our posts), but the decision is ultimately yours. Good luck.

Yes, you ARE on the right thread. Since you are also weighing options on the Swift, scan the Swift articles (search in Long Term Review)...I think a gent named Geeksrik has a long-drawn out and filled-with-analysis informative story to tell.

Quote:
naikpranav: Ok Thanks.

Quote:
Hi joshguy:
For your height both Fabia & Swift will be a good choice.

Here you get what ever info you need about Fabia. Fabia's maintenance cost is on the higher side when comparing Swift. But it is better built than Swift. List down the features of both cars choose the one based on your priorities.

Regards
Mahesh S
Mahesh S: "List down the features of both cars choose the one based on your priorities..." Well said, Sir.

Quote:
naikpranav:

Mobil1? Skoda recommends Shell right? There is a sticker in the engine bay. How come they use Mobil1?

every 7500KMs? I was told 10000 KMs is the service interval. I remember this what is there in the user manual.
MadRash: True, Sir. I, too, recall a Shell statutory, perhaps in the manual. In fact, I can remember showing it to my Dad as he is ex-Shell. What in the world is Skoda up to??
TAFE and the maintenance manual too say 10K for the service intervals.

Quote:
seems a potential buyer is banging at the door. Netchef, you should pull him inside and lock the door rather than having him run off to Maruti. With your permission, shall i invite him to the den? Welcome in Joshguy, this is the abode of both diesel and petrol fabia (thanks to the brilliant contributions by the members, especially NC). If you have gone through all the postings in this thread, the answer would be blinking in your screen.

Speaking about oils, i thought Skoda use Shell Helix. or is it Mobil1?
Mysticeyes: Sir, I wish I were paid a commission by Skoda for influencing fertile minds (read: pockets). Also, you don't need my permission to invite someone to OUR story- I've said it before, it's as much yours as it is mine.

"...i end up washing both cars atleast twice a week and brushing off the dust every morning and night as soon as i wake up and before i go to sleep..."

Boy, do you have energy!! SIGH. That's a sound philosophy.

"...the answer would be blinking in your screen..."

Quote:
Yea i did notice the muck geting collected up there especially in rains and so end up washing the inner panel too. In this case, Maruti wins as i never ever had seen any muck in same spot in a Maruti
Mysticeyes: I had an idea. Do you think another parallel layer of rubber would do the trick?
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote