Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th September 2008, 00:07   #691

Hi! I am a newbie. Having been following the forum since last year, but not posted much. I have been following this thread for few months and find it to be fantastic in all respects. I booked a Fabia 1.2 classic today with Autograph cars in Andheri. I am planning to take the delivery in start of 'Navratri'. The car is ready with dealer. Car is mfg. in September. Any feedback/suggestions from you all is highy appreciated. Cheers
amplyfryed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 11:32   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amplyfryed View Post
Hi! I am a newbie. Having been following the forum since last year, but not posted much. I have been following this thread for few months and find it to be fantastic in all respects. I booked a Fabia 1.2 classic today with Autograph cars in Andheri. I am planning to take the delivery in start of 'Navratri'. The car is ready with dealer. Car is mfg. in September. Any feedback/suggestions from you all is highy appreciated. Cheers

amplyfryed: Check the tyres- someone had an issue there.
Congrats and good luck. Don't forget to write us your experiences from day one.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 12:47   #693
BHPian

Cool

Dear Amplyfryed, Congrats on your new car and have a nice waiting period.

Took my baby to the service centre today and explained the issues of braking and the lack of pulling in 2nd gear. the service manager took my car for a test drive with me alongside. After the drive, he said that he didn't find any issues during the drive. When i insisted on the issues, he made another senior mechanic take the car for a drive and this automobile whiz kid too reported negative on the issue i mentioned.

Then i told them to take a drive of a new 1.2 Ambiente kept for delivery and note the difference. Then, they did it with much hesitation and told that the car is new so it would be in tiptop condition and that my car is one month old and hence the wear and tear. Luckily, another guy who took a 1.2 Ambiente few days before me came for a software upgrade. I told the service guys to ride the other Ambiente and note the difference. After much persuasion, the service manager and the mech. wizard took a drive of the other car and finally agreed upon my issues.

Finally, the car was inside the service bay and after much deliberations between the serivce staffs and pinning up few whacky gizmos into my car, i was informed that the pulling loss was due to the 'gap in plug' and they would 'reset the plug'. The braking issue was also sorted out then. Now things are back to normal hopefully. I snooped around their warehouse to find some trace of the original fabia floor mats, but not even a small sign of it. The other fabia owner was given a woolen mat as compliment and he opened the doors to show me the dust accumulation.

He took delivery of his car in July and his 1.2 was from the batch prior to ECU update by Skoda in the plant itself. It has run nearly 3000 km so far and is getting a mileage of 13km/l. Lucky guy, he could drive in 4th or 5th gear while I’m always stuck in 2nd-3rd

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2008 at 16:37. Reason: Removing FONT tags. Please don't cut-copy-paste from other word processors
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 11:18   #694
Senior - BHPian

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Dear Joshguy, good to note that you have made a sound decision based on your preferences. the waiting period here is almost 4 with if you want VDi+ABS.
Hi Mysticeyes thanks.

I booked on 4th september and i got the confirmation that car is allotted on 16th.Car is on transit.BTW i have got a quote of 2203 per lak for 5 years.Is this the cheapest?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 23:39   #695

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
amplyfryed: Check the tyres- someone had an issue there.
Congrats and good luck. Don't forget to write us your experiences from day one.

Thanks NC. The car arrived at the dealer on saturday at 5.30 and the salesperson called me for PDI as per my request. Since my office is shout away from dealer, I was there in 5 mins. But........to my utter horror the car had just been driven from stockyard in Bhiwandi and was covered in mud. I have postponed PDI till Monday.
I am doing up the interior in dual tone; black and beige with silver trims, at additional cost of Rs.15,000/-. Also, keyless entry (Autocop) is Rs.6000/- extra. still have to workout final discount on extras.

Mysticeyes
Quote:
Finally, the car was inside the service bay and after much deliberations between the serivce staffs and pinning up few whacky gizmos into my car, i was informed that the pulling loss was due to the 'gap in plug' and they would 'reset the plug'. The braking issue was also sorted out then. Now things are back to normal hopefully.
Good to know your car is back to normal. Surely, could do without such minor hiccups.
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:23   #696
BHPian

Exclamation

dear amplyfryed, hope you've taken delivery of your car by now or counting seconds. do keep posting the latest. Have a safe & wonderful drive

By the way, did you check out the validity of warranty if you put in Autocop? I've read in various forums and auto magazines that Skoda would declare the warranty void if electronic accessories are altered with components other than genuine Skoda accessories. In case of any alteration using Skoda components, it should be carried out by Skoda dealers. So kindly check on the same. In our city, there were few cases of similar things taking place for Laura and Octavia.
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:03   #697
BHPian

Default Apollo tyres

Hi amplyfryed & joshguy:
Congrats on your buy.

News: Fabias are coming with Apollo tyres now.
MadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:19   #698

Quote:
dear amplyfryed, hope you've taken delivery of your car by now or counting seconds. do keep posting the latest. Have a safe & wonderful drive

By the way, did you check out the validity of warranty if you put in Autocop? I've read in various forums and auto magazines that Skoda would declare the warranty void if electronic accessories are altered with components other than genuine Skoda accessories. In case of any alteration using Skoda components, it should be carried out by Skoda dealers. So kindly check on the same. In our city, there were few cases of similar things taking place for Laura and Octavia.

Delivery of car is still eight days away. They are doing the dual tone interior as of now.The Autocop is being fitted by dealer. Hope it does not invalidate the warranty. Though I have seen many Lauras and Octavias being modded at local car accesssories shop, I decided to play safe by sticking with the dealer. I might have saved couple of thousand from getting the install done by local car dealer.

By MadRash;
Quote:
Hi amplyfryed & joshguy:
Congrats on your buy.

Thanks MadRash. Looks like Apollo are going upscale or Fabia.................
If it has to be Apollo then I hope atleast its Accelere.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:58   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Amplyfryed, Congrats on your new car and have a nice waiting period.
Mysticeyes: Hey, that's great. You got both the braking and the lack-of-lust sorted. Keep at them, it is my motto too: they'll buckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi Mysticeyes thanks.

I booked on 4th september and i got the confirmation that car is allotted on 16th.Car is on transit.BTW i have got a quote of 2203 per lak for 5 years.Is this the cheapest?
joshguy: Congrats. Happy motoring.

Quote:
Thanks NC. I am doing up the interior in dual tone; black and beige with silver trims, at additional cost of Rs.15,000/-. Also, keyless entry (Autocop) is Rs.6000/- extra. still have to workout final discount on extras.

Mysticeyes

Good to know your car is back to normal. Surely, could do without such minor hiccups.
amplyfryed: A little mud is no big deal- a shampooing later and she'll be as good as new.

Please post pics of your car; the black and beige interiors sound exotic. AutoCop used to be a lot cheaper, but then inflation and technology caught up, I surmise.

Quote:
By the way, did you check out the validity of warranty if you put in Autocop? .
Mysticeyes: Good point. Warranty can be a delicate matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
MadRash: Apollo is a welcome fitment. Rock and roll, I'd say.

Quote:

Thanks MadRash. Looks like Apollo are going upscale or Fabia.................
If it has to be Apollo then I hope atleast its Accelere.
amplyfryed: You must be wafting along in your chariot by now. super. Enjoy the drive and take all safety precautions, please.
Old 25th September 2008, 22:40   #700
Senior - BHPian

Default First service report at 10000kms.

Just got my fabia its 1st service at some 10000 odd kms. Problems I had was wiper making noise, dashboard rattle, and some noise from the suspension or so where i could hear some rattling noise from left and side. Not sure suspension or something else.
Total cost of service was Rs.4600/- with oil, oil filter, and some consumables. The dashboard noise has been fixed as well as the wiper noise. But the rattle from near the left suspension is still there. However I was told that the suspension has been tigthen. During the drive I did feel a slight difference in the ride which was little smoother. Engine felt more smoother and quiter. I have been getting the avg around 13-14 in the city but think there is gonna be significant in the avg now as the l/100kms was hovering slightly lesser then it usually would. Would update on the soon when my full tank comes to empty.
I spoke to service advisor regarding the remap and said it would deffinately void the warranty however adding K&N filter or modifying complete intake system would not.
Also, got to know that the new SKoda superb will be launching by Dec with a CRDi engine along with the new fabia 1.9 tdi.

In the end would just the say that the overall service experience was good.

Cheers!
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 22:43   #701
Team-BHP Support

dont you already have a remap invinsible? i guess you havent told the service advisor about it.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 10:23   #702
BHPian

Angry Rattle Snakes in Fabias

Dear Friends,

Seems the number of owners reporting rattling pranks in fabias (especially on the left side) is increasing day by day. If you can go through the fabia forum is carwale.com, most of the owners have reported the same. Even my baby, for last few weeks have been driving me crazy sometimes with the rattling from left side. I can't identify the correct point as it varies from day to day. sometiems it comes up from the seat area, sometimes from near the door, sometimes from near the seatbelt portion or sometimes from the rear left side. Thankfullly, such rattle snakes comes up only while driving through bad patches . Another thing I noted is that the snakes turns neat and won't make sound even while going through rough patches with co-passenger in front.

One esteemed member in carwale.com have analyzed this problem in detail (he's having 1.2 Ambiente) and ultimately found the culprit hiding on the upper glovebox (covered only in Elegance) in the form of a loose plate joining various components.
Old 26th September 2008, 13:12   #703
BHPian

Default Shake, Rattle & Roll

Thanks for sharing those experiences/insights, guys. The rattle sounds like a minor issue, but I can imagine how unnerving it can be. It's now on my radar for 'things to watch for'.

My Fabia has been in fine fettle and I drive her almost everyday. She's yet to eclipse 4K kms so even the first health check up with her physicians is not due for a while, and the 'official' knees-up inspection and juice swap etc seems only likely in 2009. The less one sees of the quacks, the better off one is- IMO.

The 1.9 TDI Fabia is coming? Wow. That should be something. Is it the old Octi engine that will be doing duty?
Old 26th September 2008, 15:19   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Thanks for sharing those experiences/insights, guys. The rattle sounds like a minor issue, but I can imagine how unnerving it can be. It's now on my radar for 'things to watch for'.

My Fabia has been in fine fettle and I drive her almost everyday. She's yet to eclipse 4K kms so even the first health check up with her physicians is not due for a while, and the 'official' knees-up inspection and juice swap etc seems only likely in 2009. The less one sees of the quacks, the better off one is- IMO.

The 1.9 TDI Fabia is coming? Wow. That should be something. Is it the old Octi engine that will be doing duty?
Well its the 1.9tdi pd 105hp laura engine with all the goodies that missed out on elegance. If it does am gona get my fab exchanged for it.

Even i had rattle noise coming from my front left seat which has been fixed. But at times stil get noise from gear shift/center console. Guess at times you got to learn to live with few glich in life.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 15:32   #705
Senior - BHPian

Fabia getting rattles, i thought Skoda would not rattle even under sever abuse.

Netchef, next time when you see a White Getz Prime following you on your way to office, look out for me. I stay close to your place. Today morning, i tried hard to catch your attention. Between, those sunglasses suit you very well.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote