Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th September 2008, 18:33   #706
BHPian

Those rattles coming from the left side is the the bonnet rod which supports it when opened i am sure of it , so nothing to worry and enjoy your beasts

@invisible don't forget to post pictures after you get your custom intake done and bolted !!
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 12:48   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Those rattles coming from the left side is the the bonnet rod which supports it when opened i am sure of it , so nothing to worry and enjoy your beasts

@invisible don't forget to post pictures after you get your custom intake done and bolted !!
Well watever the rattle noise is will spend a day or 2 to find out wat is.

As for the intake already got the design just have to get it fabricated as and when i get the time out.

So howz your fab driving? I noticed pick up is all the more smoother after getting the service.
Enjoy your pocket rocket.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 12:56   #708
BHPian

I don't have a Fabia , the Fabia which i talk about belongs to my cousin but i LOVE the car
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 01:21   #709

Anyone having issues with the brakes? I own a Fabia 1/4 MPL around 1000km 2 months old and i get a really annoying loud noise when I brake in low speeds while parking etc. I am not sure if its a suspension or a brake lining issue i took it to the workshop and they said they've cleaned up the brakes but the sound is still there... i am going back tomorrow to the workshop but just wanted to check if any of you guys are facing something like this... i am really fed up with these autobahn guys initially i had an issue with the fuel and now its this brake which getting unto my nerves
sunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 13:20   #710
BHPian

[quote=Invinsible;992613]Well its the 1.9tdi pd 105hp laura engine with all the goodies that missed out on elegance. If it does am gona get my fab exchanged for it. [quote]

Invinsible: That 1.9 engine will make her go like she's on steroids and amphetamines and uppers and downers and crack and XTC and then some snake juice thrown in as seasoning. Hope I can afford one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Netchef, next time when you see a White Getz Prime following you on your way to office, look out for me. I stay close to your place. Today morning, i tried hard to catch your attention. Between, those sunglasses suit you very well.
PatienceWins: Of course I remember you Sir and dialogueing with you. Thought you drove a Black Scorpio, but anyway, sorry I missed you- must have been preoccupied.
Sunglasses straight via Eastwood :-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit View Post
Anyone having issues with the brakes? I own a Fabia 1/4 MPL around 1000km 2 months old and i get a really annoying loud noise when I brake in low speeds while parking etc.
sunit: Nope, Sir. No issues yet. Try TAFE.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 15:00   #711
BHPian

Default Power drop in reverse gear

Gentlemen, is any of u experiencing a lack of power while reversing Fabia in an upward inclination?

Here are some steps to test:
- find an inclined location (e.g. ramp etc) and park Fabia so that is facing downwards
- cut off engine (say you parked in this position and came back after wards)
- now restart engine
- try to reverse i.e. you will be trying to drive the car up slope and in reverse gear
- as much as you pump its almost as if there is no power in the vehicle

I had a very tough time with this on a decent slope. Mind you it was a very decent slope. I am taking my car to the dealer now because of this - it scared the day lights out of me.

Please let me know if anyone else has faced the same.
AdvaithC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 18:23   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvaithC View Post
Gentlemen, is any of u experiencing a lack of power while reversing Fabia in an upward inclination?

AdvaithC: Oh Hell. Maybe you didn't rev her enough, though that often gives one the feeling you're going to fry the clutch. I haven't found myself in a similar situation; hope your problem turns out to be innocuous.
Old 29th September 2008, 20:20   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
AdvaithC: Oh Hell. Maybe you didn't rev her enough, though that often gives one the feeling you're going to fry the clutch. I haven't found myself in a similar situation; hope your problem turns out to be innocuous.
I did rev it up quite loud that on lookers were starting to gather. It did not work which is why I am worried (quite a bit). I also tried my old trick - a good trick in slopes is to put the hand brake - then raise the engine, letting go of clutch/ brake at the same time. No help.

I had come back to the car after some 45 mins...so the engine was cold. Perhaps it cannot churn out good power when you just start. Gotta get this out of my mind. Sincerely hope its something solvable.
Old 29th September 2008, 21:42   #714
BHPian

Quote:

I had a very tough time with this on a decent slope. Mind you it was a very decent slope. I am taking my car to the dealer now because of this - it scared the day lights out of me.

This is something I have been doing regularly with all my cars, I have this special parking place at lamington road, which is a ditch, once your car gets in, it cannot be pulled out with a towing van, so I always park here and go shopping ! never had any trouble taking it out of that, never had trouble parking and moving out at altamont rd, or anywhere out of town on the slopes that i love.

my take: try figuring out the torque band properly, If ur reversing, rev a bit, then leave the clutch slowly to 75% and rev upto 2000rpm pushing it to 2500 slowly, u should be able to cover a moderate 1 in 20 slope with this, for every 1 in 20 + 5x you add to this, increase the target rpm by 200 rpm, cap it at 3000. I know it sounds complicated, but these are my observations, basically you should feel it out, revving hard is never the solution.

update: my car has done 9500km now, the engine doesn't feel like it will smoothen any more, a few edgy noises have cropped up, with autobahn calling me evey second day to get the car for a repair job for the noises.
naikpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 02:30   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Reverse gear is a lower ratio than first, so moving off uphill backwards takes more revs than doing it forwards. You just know when a car is reversing down the street, from that high-rev whine! You don't have to see it.

But the end result of that lower gear ration should be more power, not less.

Do you remember, by any chance, the old Brit war film in which the guys are getting a truck across a desert, with no fuel, cranking the starting handle for power --- they go up the hills in reverse, because it's easier on them. I had to have this explained to me by my dad when I first saw that film.

Say you live on a hill, and find that you have vehicles parked in front and behind; the car has to handle that reverse and forward manoeuvring. It's no good it asking you to come back later when it's warmed up.

Very much hope you get results from your dealer on this.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 12:18   #716
BHPian

Well yesterday I had the chance to drive the 1.2 petrol. My friend had just got delivery of it and had come home in the evening. Well let me put it this way, if I needed a new car right now this would be it. Its extremly comfortable, has great and solid interiors, has a number of gadgets which are not found in even higher end cars and the music system is superb for a stock one. I am actually very very impressed with the system and think its one of the best for a stock system in the under 10 lac category. With two rear speakers as add ons you are good to go. The car is a bit rough to drive as expected with the noisy 3 cylinder engine, but it has sufficient pick up for normal city driving.

Overall the car is very very well put together and feels like a much more expensive car once you get inside. I am sure the higher versions are even better in terms of equipment and interiors. I surely envy you guys.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 13:16   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
This is something I have been doing regularly with all my cars, I have this special parking place at lamington road, which is a ditch, once your car gets in, it cannot be pulled out with a towing van

basically you should feel it out, revving hard is never the solution.

update: my car has done 9500km now
naikpranav: Hello Sir. Lamington Rd trick: ha ha. Bet you got them miffed. You're probably the first to near the 10K mark, so please write us a lovingly in-depth review. With pics if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Reverse gear is a lower ratio than first, so moving off uphill backwards takes more revs than doing it forwards. You just know when a car is reversing down the street, from that high-rev whine! You don't have to see it.

But the end result of that lower gear ration should be more power, not less.

Say you live on a hill, and find that you have vehicles parked in front and behind; the car has to handle that reverse and forward manoeuvring. It's no good it asking you to come back later when it's warmed up.

Thad E Ginathom: "...It's no good it asking you to come back later when it's warmed up..."
Very true, Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Well yesterday I had the chance to drive the 1.2 petrol. My friend had just got delivery of it and had come home in the evening. Well let me put it this way, if I needed a new car right now this would be it. Its extremly comfortable, has great and solid interiors, has a number of gadgets which are not found in even higher end cars and the music system is superb for a stock one. I am actually very very impressed

Overall the car is very very well put together and feels like a much more expensive car once you get inside. I am sure the higher versions are even better in terms of equipment and interiors. I surely envy you guys.
mav2000: Join the gang, sir. Get yourself one.
Old 30th September 2008, 16:10   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Thank you. Car is at the dealer now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, for the Fabias that were recalled for a firmware upgrade - does anyone know what was the criteria for that - cars delivered before a particular date?

The dealer in Hyderabad does not give a single bit of info on this.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:21   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, for the Fabias that were recalled for a firmware upgrade - does anyone know what was the criteria for that - cars delivered before a particular date?
As per my information, Fabia(s) sold before July need the software upgrade, and the cars sold after that already had it at the time of the sales.
MuraliR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2008, 10:47   #720
BHPian

Wink

Dear Guys,

Hope all the cars around are fit and fine, especially Advaith's. Even my car had some issues in reverse gear couple of weeks back. There was a slight loss of power and fair amount of vibration creeping up while reversing. Thankfully, the issue got sorted out while the service guys resetted the plug.

Seems the rattle snakes in my fabia have gone hiding when we made so much noise in the forum. The rattles doesn't come up now even in rough roads. Now, this is called "word power" any news of our newbie amplyfryed?seems he took off with his baby for a long tip plus missing from action is beloved Rakesh Raja.

Fabias seems to be gaining market in this part. Around 62 fabias have been delivered by the dealer here in August- September. Petrol seems to be slightly ahead of diesel and it seems the launch of petrol 1.2 have really pushed up the sales of 1.4 MPI and 1.4 TDI which hasn't been good till july.

My brother whos a 'Banglorean' is thinking about owning a Fabia after he drove mine this week. He was impressed by the quality and comfort of the vehicle and says that it would be more handy than his Civic in Banglore roads. But i doubt if there would be any difference in those packed roads. Bangloreans please excuse me if . anyway, i'm persuading him to join our club soon as soon as he return to 'once upon a time garden city' by 2nd week of october. By the way, the mileage of my baby has gone upto 11.75km/l after some roads have undergone cosmetic treatments, pointing to fewer gear shifts and smooth traffic flow.
Mysticeyes is offline   Reply With Quote